Town's End Bridge or WBRR
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    Ridge Creek
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    Images
    Little update: I might be altering my at home sleep habits to use this thing most nights. My Garmin watch tracks sleep quality and I went from about 25% "deep" sleep to this

I also found that my Loco Libre UQ fits without altering out using a few bingo hooks Bill sent with the hammock.

Now I just need to test the Superfly at the lake this weekend to see if it works out or if I "need" a new, bigger tarp.....

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
    "It turns out that what you have is less important than what you do with it"

Hammock
    Yes
    Tarp
    Doors for sure
    Insulation
    Love some down
    Suspension
    Usualy helps
    That's impressive and inspiring. According to my Instinct, I'm averaging around an hour of deep sleep out of my 7. Sounds like my basement hang spot is going to get a little busier with research.

Hammock
    Towns-End Luxury Bridge
    I kinda want a fancy watch now too.

HMM.. I'm wonder if you are starting a thing here, lol.
    A few years back I remember everyone posting their indoor/outdoor thermometer pictures and diligently doing temperature testing.
    Maybe time to put some data to this whole "I sleep better in a _________" debate.

I know for me- being outside kicks it up quite a bit.

Hammock
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    Ridge Creek
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    Images
    Scrolling through a few more hammock nights in the Luxury Bridge.

It's been better than I thought. The "bad nights" are right around 50-50

Hammock
    12' Superior Hammock
    Tarp
    Kammok Kuhli
    Insulation
    Superior / UGQ
    Quote Originally Posted by Just Bill View Post
    HA... I did an experimental Double layer that I lost to my son. Peppy's kids are grown but seem to also be excellent hammock thieves as well, lol.

One of these days I need to post a quick video or instruction set on how to make my el-cheapo RL screen mount. Hanging the tablet from the RL makes 'enhanced testing' even better.
    Really curious about this setup you’re talking about. I do have the hangtime hook setup for phones, but I’d love something for a larger tablet. I know videos and instructions take time— I’m just curious what the basic components would be

Hammock
    Towns-End Luxury Bridge
    Quote Originally Posted by sloanie View Post
    Really curious about this setup you’re talking about. I do have the hangtime hook setup for phones, but I’d love something for a larger tablet. I know videos and instructions take time— I’m just curious what the basic components would be
    9E7E570B-2FC6-4AFC-8F9D-A48E58286D4F.jpg
    3413143F-33C3-4ADE-84B7-F7389E302CB0.jpg788F783E-1553-493F-A863-9464E21DC987.jpg2CAAB0DC-7AAC-4CC9-A35A-BF1619A0269E.jpg

Hammock
    Towns-End Luxury Bridge
    Quick and dirty version-

Get a ziplock freezer bag (you want the heavier freezer not the standard storage).
    Use a 1qt size for a phone, a 1 gallon for a tablet.

Put heavy packing tape on the three edges that are not the zipper opening in the same way you'd apply edge binding.
    Lay the tape half on one side and then fold over basically.

Trim any excess tape and get a hole punch (or hot nail) for each corner.

Cordage or shoelaces work fine but I use two pieces: 5' of cordage typically to give me the most options.
    Fold the cordage in half- tie a small loop there.

Depending on your tablet you may want the zipper to the top or the side. My larger Ipad fills the bag pretty well- so side zip is good. Smaller tablets may want a the zipper to the top.

Put the two ends of one cord into the "top" holes.
    Put the two ends of the other cord into 'bottom' holes.

Feed them so that the cord pops out on the non-logo side of the bag and secure with a cord lock (posi-grip from RBTR works well)
    This will put the cord locks facing you in the hammock.

Make two small loops of shock cord and girth hitch them onto a mitten hook.
    Attach these with a prussic knot to your ridgeline. (these come with my bridge)

Hook the 'top' cord towards the head end and the 'bottom' cord to the foot end mitten hook.

You can now slide the mitten hook up and down the ridgeline for position, and then adjust the cordlocks on the bag to dial in the screen position.
    Because of the way it's 'mounted' you can adjust not only the screen angle or location, but also tilt. So if you let out the cordlocks further on one side you can position the screen for side sleep.

What is nice with this system is you can also attach it to a tie out point or one of my loops on the bridge edge if you find that better for reading or side viewing.

If you pull the prussic far apart- it will hang flat/parallel to the RL if you're back sleeping or slapping the kids in to watch.
    If you put the prussic points closer- you can hang it more perpendicular to the RL if you're propped up a bit or when sitting up in a gathered end.

Not rocket science- but a video would probably help some people understand it better.

But for what it is... pretty easy to do and pretty versatile.
    Packs easy enough too if you just want to leave it on the RL and doubles as an extra storage place or a way to hang a light.

With my apple devices- no issues with the touch screen through the bag- but can't promise that is true for every tablet out there.
    If for some reason you have a little wrinkling or distortion- you could wipe your screen with a damp paper towel and it will 'stick' to the bag.

Hammock
    12' Superior Hammock
    Tarp
    Kammok Kuhli
    Insulation
    Superior / UGQ
    I love it, thanks for sharing! I’ll have to give this a go. The creativity you and others on this forum possess never ceases to amaze me

Hammock
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    Ridge Creek
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    Images
    I figured I'd post an update after 15+ nights sleeping in it, since everyone loves new gear, so my initial thoughts were probably influenced by "it's new" bias.

First off, I'm not really sleeping on my stomach in it, but when I do, I love not having my arms fall asleep from pressure.

Second, the stability is a non-issue for me. I was worried about it being "tippy" when I change positions, but that isn't the case at all. Granted, I have pretty good balance, and as a goalie trained by juggling on a balance board, but it seems easy to move around in.

Last thing: my Garmin 35 watch has tracked my sleep as being consistently better than it was in my bed. I've basically doubles the amount of "deep" sleep vs "light" sleep according to the watch.

I've got no way of knowing if what it's tracking is accurate, but I do feel like I'm sleeping better.

Anyhow, I've got a week at scout camp coming up with my son where I'll put the bug net to the test. I'll be interested in what done of the bigger dads think of it.

Hammock
    Towns-End Luxury Bridge
    Thanks for the follow up... with any gear I prefer to hear about it after the 'bright an shiny' wears off... most decent stuff is fun when it's new. But if you find you keep reaching for something trip after trip that's when you know you got something.

Mainly though- glad to hear about the improved sleep. Makes the long hours worth it to hear.

Enjoy your trip- but be careful about overloading the bridge if your fellow scout dads are too heavy.
    It won't explode but you can deform the fabric or stress it. I blew out a Hybrid 1.2 bridge or two myself as those are really only good to about 175 pounds with my 230lbs. I'm just in a habit of testing each one I make personally... but after causing stretching out one or two I'm realizing you can do some damage to the fabric itself even if it's not noticeable. Hate to see you let some fella try your bridge and find it's lost a little umph in the middle as a result. That's basically what happened to those few I messed up. It felt great to me and the fabric didn't truly blow out, but it stretched enough from my butt that it just didn't pop in the center the way it should for my customer.

• + New Posts
  • Page 22 of 31 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast