Hammock
    Yes
    Tarp
    Doors for sure
    Insulation
    Love some down
    Suspension
    Usualy helps
    My Luxury works fine with my Superfly even with the doors closed. I prefer it with my 12' Winter Dream with the internal 3 pole mod - feels like an airplane hangar. I get to test it this weekend with my new 13' Wind Haven.

Hammock
    Town's End Bridge or WBRR
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    Ridge Creek
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    Images
    My wife is gonna hate you guys.

I e-mailed Bill and am going to pull the trigger.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
    "It turns out that what you have is less important than what you do with it"

Hammock
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    Ridge Creek
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    Images
    Guess who's gonna try the bridge Kool aid????

Yeah, this guy.

Hammock
    Towns End BGBH
    Tarp
    UGQ WD12
    Insulation
    HG Incubator 20
    Suspension
    Ultimate Straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by goalie View Post
    Guess who's gonna try the bridge Kool aid???? yeah, this guy.
    In looking at your picture, are those tabs sewn in along each side of the hammock? If so, purpose?
    Retired US Navy, 10-year Stage IIIb colon cancer survivor. I believe my last words will be "Hold my beer..."

Hammock
    Towns-End Luxury Bridge
    Quote Originally Posted by Slugger View Post
    In looking at your picture, are those tabs sewn in along each side of the hammock? If so, purpose?
    Slugger-
    Somewhere along the way I started adding those tabs (loops of grosgrain usually)

Besides just a spot to clip on some eventual accessories like a spare pocket or water bottle holder... primarily they are there to help with a quilt. Though a few folks use biners or soft shackles to hang their shoes or water bottles too which works well.

Little Shop of Hammocks used the tabs near the poles to create a quilt for these, and I found that it comes in handy for clipping the incubator on in the center too.

Here's the 'incubator' folder I share with a few ideas on how to help with quilt fitting issues when needed.
    https://1drv.ms/u/s!Apygyt54yYPwg7YA...yv0gw?e=W9CGXL

With all the different body types and sleep positions using these it was necessary to create some options for tuning an UQ.

Also:
    Probably should have mentioned it in my pad reply to Steve; you can use these tabs to 'lace on' a pad to the underside of the bridge too. (can't find a picture at the moment)
    But you flip the bridge over and use some shock cord to lace your air pad on. It's something I share more with my UL backpackers with the Happy Medium... but works on the larger models decently well too.

I don't really talk about it because my production is limited- but I have made a few 'add a sleeve' prototypes for folks too who just couldn't live without a pad sleeve.
    Since my double layers are structural and not made for a pad sleeve... I've built a few single layers of fabric that you can attach to the bridge to act as a second layer to support a pad. This is a nice way to use a pad without altering the lay of the bridge.

Longer term- the original idea actually came from a speed hike custom kit. So the 'Add a Sleeve' was built with a sil-nylon material so that it could double as a ground sheet when going to ground. Eventually I'd like to make a few of these again... but 95% of my customers at this time are using an UQ (or are fine with the pad in the bridge) so it's on the backburner.

Same thing with pockets, pouches, etc to clip onto the side. While it's cool to have all the do-dads and whiz-bangs to trick this stuff out: most of us have a spare stuff sack, fanny pack, or bottle holder we can adapt without me hitting you up for another $20 just for an official accessory. I get that's how you make money in retail, but in reality I don't have a sewing shop full of people I'm looking to keep busy making stuff in between orders either.

For you (and others) who got the very earliest bridges in testing or round 1 of production I can add on some tabs for you if needed. But since the system isn't really flushed out and most of you have sorted it out by now it's not really a feature you're missing out on in my opinion. For the most part it's a 'future proof' add on for the current models that gives me something to work with if and when I do start producing more add ons.

Really the primary (ideal) use would be for a custom UQ that attached without any primary or secondary suspension needed... but that too is quite a ways off unfortunately.

Hammock
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    Ridge Creek
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    Images
    I plan on using them to make my LocoLibre UQ work with it.

(I hope)

Hammock
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    Ridge Creek
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    Images
    Ok, this thing is amazing. I am glad I read about hanging the head higher, because I needed it higher than my feet.

I can't believe the difference when you mess with the ridge line. It's like having different hammocks as far as feel.

I need to get out my UQ and fiddle around to see if it will fit.

Hammock
    Towns-End Luxury Bridge
    Quote Originally Posted by goalie View Post
    Ok, this thing is amazing. I am glad I read about hanging the head higher, because I needed it higher than my feet.

I can't believe the difference when you mess with the ridge line. It's like having different hammocks as far as feel.

I need to get out my UQ and fiddle around to see if it will fit.

You need to rewatch the pole tip video-

Glad you posted a picture

The bright yellow reflective cord is just to help you find the amsteel eye- not for attaching the poles.

Hammock
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    Ridge Creek
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Just Bill View Post
    You need to rewatch the pole tip video-

Glad you posted a picture

The bright yellow reflective cord is just to help you find the amsteel eye- not for attaching the poles.
    Aaaah, thanks for the video.

And, FWIW, the yellow cord looped held me at 185lbs......

Hammock
    Towns-End Luxury Bridge
    LOL...
    Well once you get it set up right... it will be even more comfortable!

Should be fine but just in case- roll that head spreader on a smooth surface (like you would if you were checking a pool cue) just to make sure you didn't flex it.
    I highly doubt it, but deployed in that manner it would add some off axis load to the spreader bar.

• + New Posts
  • Page 20 of 31 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast