Page 15 of 31 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
    Hammock
    Towns-End Luxury Bridge
    Quote Originally Posted by gunner76 View Post

Very important stuff....a fridge full of liquid bachelor chow
    If you're looking to sew gear and take your product to the next level, dozens of sewing professionals have all provided me with this critical piece of advice:
    Always properly lubricate your sewing machine operator.

But never over-lubricate.
    I collect vintage camp stoves.
    I roast coffee at home.

Hammock
    Towns-End Luxury Bridge
    Just a heads up:

I worked my way through my emails and sent something out to all who reached out previously.
    If you were expecting an email and didn't receive one- check you junk mail.

If no luck there- if you have contacted me previously and want to get on the early list then please forward your first email to me.
    I'm building the list order based upon the date someone first inquired.

If you were interested in being added to the list now; I am willing to do that for forum members at this time as well.

Hammock
    Towns-End
    Tarp
    WB, Towns-End, UGQ
    Insulation
    LSOH, JRB, UGQ
    Suspension
    Straps & Buckles
    Images
    More friends with Towns-End gear coming soon! Awesome!
    Hammock Tourist / Hammock Fiend / Hammock Therapist

I am still amazed at how Bill has developed a hammock that allows me, at 6'4" and 310lbs, to lay in any position, turning at will, right into another comfortable position! I really like my other hammocks and respect their strengths and uses, particularly the effort their manufacturers put making a quality product. But, I LOVE what Bill did!

Oh, and did I mention durability? Sleeping in it almost every night since February 2017, no signs of wear! Fat Man approved!

Hammock
    Towns-End
    Tarp
    WB, Towns-End, UGQ
    Insulation
    LSOH, JRB, UGQ
    Suspension
    Straps & Buckles
    Images
    I've had some lengthening on sewn seams on the 1.2 Robic, but it is still super comfy. My 1.6 hyper D is my go to hammock and it's showing some wear, but holding up good. Both of these are mediums. Not sure the amount of nights on them, but probably close to 70 each. My 1.7 Luxury bridge is amazing, but my son in med school had taken it over, and sadly I may never get another hang. One day I want a 1.7 medium. I think it will be an incredible piece of gear. Just the right balance of durability, comfort, and size for me! Very happy with this gear! Between my family, and the folks at church that get to use my gear, we all give a hearty thumbs up! Thanks for getting us outdoors and giving us a reason to stay Bill!
    Hammock Tourist / Hammock Fiend / Hammock Therapist

Hammock
    JustBill's Biggy Deluxe
    Tarp
    WB Super Fly
    Insulation
    Zepp/LL Ghost Pepr
    Images
    I started reading Beemer's thread and slipped into Peppy's without realizing it. I thought, wow, Bill is a wizard to make a Happy Medium work for a 310 lb man I re-read it and found my mistake! I agree with all, these hammocks are great. My Lux, in 1.7(?) is extremely comfy!
    But for the grace of God, there, I go...

Hammock
    Towns-End Luxury Bridge
    Thanks Guys!

Johnny- you had one of the few Hex 70 models that went out (grey)... but you now enjoy the one and only Margarittaville in Hybrid Robic 1.7, lol.

Beemermcr has slept his way into the pole position for sure... though original tester Mark and a few others have since given up on that whole bed thing as well, lol. I don't know the exact number but there may now be a half dozen in the venerable "300 over 300 Club"

Hammock
    WARBONNET RIDGERUNNER
    Tarp
    UG WINTER PALACE
    Insulation
    ZREST
    Suspension
    WEB AND BUCKLES
    Images

Town's End- Big Guy and Luxury Bridge update

I spoke with Bill early on about his well designed hammocks. Not only is the feedback on his hammocks great, his communication and just out right good guy should say it all.
    No I am not a tester. I just giving credit to someone that took time out to answer questions, provided videos and was easy to speak with.
    Nice work Bill!!!

Hammock
    Towns-End Luxury Bridge
    The Big Guy and Luxury are doing great overall.

I'm going to try to revisit the lighter side of things too once I get moving better.

I put out roughly half a dozen of the 1.2 Happy Medium with mixed results.
    A few were dynaglide, a few were amsteel... though that doesn't seem to be a factor.
    I was hoping for higher... but it seams (pun intended) that around 170 ish will be about the limit on those.

Bridges are prone to seam elongation at the center. Mine especially as the cut is the deepest I am aware of.
    I was hoping the Hybrid 1.2 would stretch closer to the 200lb range but that's proving optimistic.

I saw some stress signs on my personal one at around 2 weeks of use (at 225-230 pounds) but I didn't get to push it to failure.
    I also had one I plopped in before sending to a tester... and may have deformed the fabric from that one sit.
    None of them have failed or had anything dramatic... just wearing a bit too prematurely for my taste for those above 170lbs. For those under that... they remain happy hangers.

So likely the first thing I will go back to on the medium side would be a small batch of Hybrid 1.7 to see how that does. In my experience... while the Luxury is doing fine for folks up to 250lbs... being bigger helps spread the load. So while the 1.7 will probably get this to that 200lb range... it may not go much beyond it. (I'd like to see 225 at 100 night minimum.) There are ways to soften the stress; but that comes with sacrificing a bit of the 'pop' in the middle that makes these bridges unique so I'd prefer to avoid that.

The Micro will likely stay on the sidelines for this year. Too much going really to mess with it and not enough folks who really want to mess with it either.

For what they do... most of my bridges are lightweight.
    For those who have asked where things line up overall; this is a rough outline of the bridges I build and the relative weights.

Size wise...
    The micro is about the size of a standard sleeping pad.
    The Medium is a generous large/Wide sleeping pad space.
    The Luxury/Big Guy is an easy 36" x 84" of bedspace, although technically it is roughly 32" wide in the flat center of the bridge.

Micro-
    XUL Micro- 9.75 ounces
    Production Micro- 10.25 ounces
    Both with Robic 1.0 and aluminum poles.

Happy Medium-
    Hybrid 1.2 with Dynaglide- 12.25 ounces
    Hybrid 1.3 with Amsteel- 13.1 ounces
    Both with 5 ounce breakdown Carbon Fiber poles included in that weight.
    Upcoming- Hybrid 1.7 Happy Medium- 1lb w CF poles target weight.

Just a Bridge- (discontinued)
    HyperD 1.6 with Amsteel- 19.5 ounces with AL poles
    Just under a pound with the Carbon Fiber poles.

Trekking poles with bridge hammock conversion-
    Fits Happy Medium size- 9.75 ounces without straps.
    Manufactured by Ruta Locura

BIG BRIDGES-
    Luxury- 1 lb 10 ounces
    Big Guy- 2lb 4 ounces
    With 3/4" AL poles included.

The carbon fiber luxury pole set saves 5 ounces so the Luxury
    Can be used for lightweight comfort at about 21 ounces for those right around 200lbs or under (limited testing to 225lbs).

The detachable bug net is roughly 11 ounces or so... but I need to double check that.

Mountain Hanger- upcoming prototype.
    TBD- 120% larger version of the Big Boy… possible double person hammock with .875" Easton Military Spec Poles and 350+ weight rating.
    Last edited by Just Bill; 08-08-2018 at 15:41.

• + New Posts
  • Page 15 of 31 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast