DIY Hammock
    Tarp
    Cuben Hexalite
    Insulation
    InsuLite Foam
    Suspension
    TreeStrap/Whoopie

Dyneema Ironwire 1.75mm

I wanted to let you guys know that I am now selling my Dyneema Ironwire 1.75mm in Black and Orange in 50' hanks, 100' hanks, 200' hanks and 600' spools.

The black cord uses a Dope Dyed Black Dyneema. This means the black color is added to the melt and will never wear off. This is the most cutting edge Dyneema made. This is not some off brand yarn made in China and falsely marketed as Dyneema like everyone else is doing with the colored webbing's, but this is actual legit yarn from DSM. The black yarn is then coated with a super high tech translucent urethane. This gives the yarn more strength, more uv resistance, better abrasion resistance, more durability, less slip, and better knot-abilty.

The Orange cord uses a White Dyneema yarn and is urethane coated Orange. But rather than coat the line post braid like Samson and everyone else does, the yarn is also coated before braiding. This ensures that each and every filament is color coated for more color fastness, more strength, more uv resistance, better abrasion resistance, more durability, less slip, and better knot-abilty.

This Dyneema yarn is the most high tech yarn currently available in the world. As such it is very expensive. But I feel like the added cost is worth it, because it's awesome.

That said, my Dyneema Ironwire was designed to be a better version of Samson's popular Zing It/Lash It. Not only is my cord rounder but its also less likely to go flat due to the pre-coated yarn. The pre-coated yarn keeps the strands more round, which keeps the cord more round. This is important as it makes it easier to splice, knot, and untangle. Actually that was a one of my top goals when designing this line. I wanted it to be very tangle resistant because Zing it/Last it is not. For a single braided line of its size, there is nothing more tangle resistant. Its leaps and bounds better than Zing it/Lash it. My Ironwire can be used for guy lines, ridge lines, high strength accessory cord, bear bagging, or anything you are currently using zing it/last it for.. This cord is manufactured in house, by us, on our braiding machines. The diameter is 1.75mm (1/16"), The weight is under 1.00oz per 50' and the break strength is 500lbs. This is spliced eye's using carabiners like is encountered in the field. Not capstan break strength which is higher but not really applicable to most situations.

*It is Made In USA, using the best materials on earth.

The price is the best part. It is extremely cheap for what it is, as I want to take market share from Samson. I also want to offer you guys an awesome deal in the process to help spread the word. I want this to become the gold standard in thin high tech Dyneema lines. I know the technology and quality is the best on the market. I just need to get the word out about it, so I want everyone who wants to try something better than Zing it/Lash it to give it a shot. http://lawsonequipment.com/Cordage/D...ire-p1114.html

Prices:
    50' Hank $10.00
    100' Hank $17.50
    200' Hank $30.00
    600' Spool $75.00

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
    Lawson

Hammock
    DIY 11ft Hammock
    Tarp
    3m x3m MYOG Camo
    Insulation
    Down
    Suspension
    Amsteel
    What knots and tension devices is this cord compatible with?

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk
    Tacblades

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Tacblades View Post
    What knots and tension devices is this cord compatible with?

Hey mate - It works with Dutch's hardware that is designed for 1.75 Dyneema, and worms etc.

I should have some of this on the way. Can't wait to give it a try.

Hammock
    DIY 12ft HyperD 1.6SL
    Tarp
    The Stingray DIY
    Insulation
    Incubator/Gemini
    Suspension
    UCRWhoopieCinch
    Made in the USA. And better process/performance. And cheaper. Good for you!
    "If we lose the forests, we lose our only instructors. People must see these forests and wilderness as the greatest educational system that we have on the planet. If we lose all the universities in the world, then we would lose nothing. But If we lose the forests, we lose everything." -- Bill Mollison

Hammock
    Dream Hammock Sparrow
    Tarp
    UGQ WD12 & WD13
    Insulation
    UGQ, HG
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    Images
    What is the load strength compared to same 1.75 Lash it?
    THX

Hammock
    DIY Hammock
    Tarp
    Cuben Hexalite
    Insulation
    InsuLite Foam
    Suspension
    TreeStrap/Whoopie
    Thanks for the questions. Here are my replies. Please let me know if you have more.

"What knots and tension devices is this cord compatible with?"
    I would say any knot that you know how to tie, any splice you know how to make, and any hardware your currently using with zing it/lash it. It was designed to replace the stuff. I have been selling a version of this line since the first of the year so its not new. I just have made it a little better with a few tweaks as time has gone on and recently added the black version as well as the longer lengths.

"But will it make me look more handsome?"
    Yes the cord will make you look more like me. Handsome, Rugged and Wise. haha

"What is the load strength compared to same 1.75 Lash it?"
    The rated break strength is the same at 500lbs. But my goal was not maximum strength. It was maximum usability, roundness, durability, splicabilty, knotabilty, etc.

I really want to stress. When I designed this line, my goal was to to make a line that was much better than Zing it/Lash it while keeping it as much the same as possible. This meant keeping it the same diameter so it would work in all the hardware people were use to using, keeping the same braid tightness so it wouldn't be any harder to splice, continuing to use Dyneema so the strength would be the same. etc, etc. But at the same time there were things I really wanted to address. I hate that Zing it goes flat (it pretty much comes that way). This is from the post braid coating and how they must heat set their lines. Coating the yarn pre-braid keeps the strands rounder, and setting the lines like I do keeps the cord rounder. This translates into more durability, longer life, better useabilty, better spliceabilty, better knot ability, etc. The other thing I wanted to improve was tangle resistance as Zing it can become a tangled mess very easily. Again the pre-coated yarn and how I set the line helps tremendously with this as it makes the finished line more stiff and less likely to tangle. Those of you who have bought lines or other products from me know that quality is paramount. This line is no exception. But the issue is that I am no longer wholesaling my products. This means that compaines like Tier Gear, Dutchware, Ripstop by the Roll, DIY Gear Supply, Hammock Gear, Simply Light Designs, Sheltowee, etc, etc will not be selling this line. For those of you who have never purchased anything from my company before. We offer free shipping on all orders with no minimums to the USA and Canada. And International shipping is $10 for everywhere else in the world. Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks again,
    Lawson
    Last edited by Mountainfitter; 08-04-2017 at 08:48.

Hammock
    DIY 11ft Hammock
    Tarp
    3m x3m MYOG Camo
    Insulation
    Down
    Suspension
    Amsteel
    Thanks all for the replies, thats good news, int shipping is good price might have to have a look into that the best part for me is the dye all the way through for the black.

Tacblades

Hammock
    Dream Hammock Sparrow
    Tarp
    UGQ WD12 & WD13
    Insulation
    UGQ, HG
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    Images
    Great
    Order placed.
    I am looking forward to replacing Lash It on my ridgelines.
    I do not need to look more handsome, but the orange line will surely help keep me that way as I age. . .

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast