HG,Dutch,XLC ,RR
    Tarp
    Superfly, AH hex,
    Insulation
    HG, Snugpak, SLD
    Suspension
    Whoopie Ti toggle
    Images
    And I've got a lot of wind here so maybe I'll just stick with separate lines for now. Thanks.
    " The best pace is a suicide pace, and today looks like a good day to die." ~ Steve Prefontaine

Hammock
    Mayan / Freebird
    Tarp
    SLD Custom
    Insulation
    UGQ 30*F / 0*F
    Suspension
    Whoopie / fleaz
    The wind isn't the problem, the single line it pulling each pullout toward the centre, forcing it to fold in the middle to accommodate. As others have stated, separate lines are the way to go if you want what's in that picture. Good luck!

Hammock
    Dutch Chameleon
    Tarp
    UGQ Winterdream
    Insulation
    0° Zepp/Ren...UGQ
    Suspension
    Dutchware bb sus
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Chesapeake View Post
    Here's the issue I'm having, and I'm not sure if it can be remedied or if its supposed to be this way .....

When I use the panel pulls on my Old Man Winter, they create a "trough" or "valley" between the pull out loops on each side. The only extra room that's created by the pulls is a small spot directly behind them, not between them where it would actually be effective and larger. I've tried staking the pulls out first, then the sides of the tarp and visa versa and I've tried different amounts of tension . I can't seem to get the area between the pulls pulled out instead of being a valley that decreases the space inside right where I need it most. So, how can I pitch the tarp to effectively create MORE space between the pulls, not less like I'm doing now ? Here are some pics that show what I mean.....

Attachment 153065Attachment 153066Attachment 153066Attachment 153067Attachment 153068Attachment 153068Attachment 153069Attachment 153070Attachment 153071
    It's better to use two separate lines pulling straight out, 90°-ish or more until the tension evens out across the tarp, but you can lessen the trough effect by putting your pole further away. It doesn't really affect much other than creating a spot that might flap a bit in the wind though, so if you're not expecting wind, or if the flapping doesn't bother you, no worries, but if it HAS to be perfect, that's your answer.

Sent from my SM-T817V using Tapatalk

Hammock
    Dutch Chameleon
    Tarp
    UGQ Winterdream
    Insulation
    0° Zepp/Ren...UGQ
    Suspension
    Dutchware bb sus
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by TallPaul View Post
    On my Superfly I have a separate line for each pull out (that doesn't join up). That seems to help create more space in mine. I only carry line for 2 pullouts, not all 4.
    If I really want space, a pole mod works the best. I got one from Wilderness logics that goes on the outside of the tarp. Weight penalty but I like it for easy trips.
    Yes, the pole mods work great but, keep in mind if you need the extra tie-downs for heavy wind, the side-pulls are them

Hammock
    WBXLC, WBBB, LiteOwl
    Tarp
    Superfly, MambaJam
    Insulation
    HG Phoenix, WL Sum
    Suspension
    Webbing, Whoopies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by WalksIn2Trees View Post
    Yes, the pole mods work great but, keep in mind if you need the extra tie-downs for heavy wind, the side-pulls are them

I hunker down in A-frame mode with the side panels pulled out in a good wind. Done that quite a few times. But in none windy conditions I prefer porch mode.

Hammock
    Dutchware 11ft
    Tarp
    UGQ Winter Dream
    Insulation
    HG Phoenix 20
    Suspension
    Dutch Cinch Bugs
    I stole an idea from a thread (that I can't find now), that had some good pictures of another way. I will try to explain it, but the pictures in the original thread would be better. I have a very thin line that starts with a mitten clip hooked onto my hammock suspension, right at the continuous loop. It then comes down through one panel pull, goes down until somewhere around the bottom of the tarp, then back up through the other ring, and up to the continuous loop on the other side I then have a single line with a mitten clip on it that I attach to the middle of the first line, and pull out. This makes the pull out originate from the ends of the hammock, not the d rings, so it makes a wider triangle. I think this keeps the d rings pulled more outward and helps eliminate some, but not all, of the sag between the d rings. Hope this is clear, but it probably isn't, lol. Until this thread, I had never considered separate lines, but I might mess around with it and see which I like more. I kind of like the idea of only having to stake one thing out per side.
    Homer: Sir, I need to know where I can get some business hammocks.

Hank Scorpio: Hammocks? My goodness, what an idea. Why didn't I think of that? Hammocks!

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12