Tarp
    Cloudburst
    Insulation
    Lynx, HG burra
    Suspension
    Warbonnet
    Images

Loowit part one

Howdy, one thing on you might call my hiking bucket list was to do the Loowit trail, which is a trail circumnavigating Mt. St. Helens. It is roughly 35 miles. Although it has chasms, lava boulder fields, snow packs, glacier style crossing[s] at most of the gullies on the East and West side. Lava dominates the south side. The NW side to the NE side are off limits for camping and off trail walking. It is a research site as well as a National Monument. The pocket gopher has aided in the speedy recovery of some of the blasted zones. These area along with 90% of the jaunt are full sun exposure. The mileage is subjective. A mile on the Boulders is like 5 miles on a track. A mile on a sandy 45* slope is un-like anything I have dared to do previously. So was, repelling down washouts, tracking a sloped snow field that leads to certain death, but man, was it fun and rewarding. This was just as much a mental, emotional, spiritual journey as much as a physical challenge for me and my mates. I have had the pleasure of being friends with Cycle since '86, Sam since '83, and Brian since '80. So my Mates are the best and true. I known Brian since I was four so 37 years we've been in cahoots.
    So we started off going about four miles to a camp that sits about 1000' below the trail we were setting on assaulting. We had a camp. Mucho Gusto set up his new Dutch Chamel, and I set up my new Ridge runner from Warbonnet. I was a smite Gel, when I seen Shug's Video where "a Life outdoors" featured his ridge runner and Cloud burst. So I bought and brought mine, because there were certain areas that were not hammock friendly. I would sleep upon the ground which is what I've done up until about 6 years ago. I got into ENO hammock and thought they were the best thing available-hahaha. I came across Shug, as I was searching for DIY alcohol stoves, and my mind was blown. He has kind of been on a pedestal for me. So entertaining, dare I say, the funest media I look forward to watching. Anyway I have been gear hungry ever since and have kind of a borderline unhealthily relationship with hammock forum based cottage vendors-gulp. Goforth (whom suffers from the same boutique vendor gear urges, as I do) got a brand new gossamer gear ONE tent, it was SWEET, he didn't want to do the BIVY thing just yet and went with a sweet little tent. Ole' Sgt. Banana-Peel-Shoelace went with his standard tent, no pad, sleep on ground Marine style which he likes for some strange reason, I have yet to figure.
    The Sarge decided not to undergo the entire trip and turned back shortly upon the trail on the second day. Mucho Gusto being the guy He is, turned back with his cousin, so He wouldn't get lost or fall alone. Good on Him, even though He put a lot on the line to make this trip happen.
    Goforth and I continued on, and Had a time. And time had us in every which way it desired.
    A couple of things: one: Goforth experienced a growling that He didn't care for, and was surely alarmed, as we were separated by about 500 yards or so, and I was carrying all the Kung-Fu.
    two: Goforth sent me a picture, that you'll see in the video where it appears there is something in the air. No one can remember throwing a rock in the air, but I doubt He could've taken the picture with the clarity it has, if it was rock being hurled???? Don't know, one of the party could've just thrown a rock, but it was an anomaly so I included it for Fun...Check it out.
    The music is by a guy named: Micheal Tyrrell. All the band tunes their instruments to the same frequency which is NOT 440.
    They use these frequencies in different arrangements: 417, 741, 444, 852, 528, and 639. We believe these frequencies are better for you, so I included it for the ones to listen to it.
    The book and CD's are called Wholetones which I do not sell, or know anyones whom does, a dear friend sent me the book and music, and it is SWEET to me, anyway if you don't like just mute it, hahahaha.
    Anyway here it is:
    Last edited by Benson Burner; 07-27-2017 at 11:46.
    Volcanoes and waterfalls, trees and hammocks,
    Columbia River gorge, in Benson Burner's attic.
    http://www.youtube.com/my_videos

Hammock
    Dutch Chameleon or 11' netless
    Tarp
    UGQ11'Hex/Superfly
    Insulation
    UGQ20UQ/HG 30 TQ
    Suspension
    Beetles/Dyneema
    Images
    Benson Burner, It was with a heavy heart I turned around that day but in the process I think I learned something about myself. I very much enjoyed the trail report including the music....Great job, you make all that work of look as though you really enjoy it and practically seemless! Want to thank you as well as Go Forth for lettING me tag along last minute.

Hammock
    Ridge Runner
    Tarp
    Cloudburst
    Insulation
    Lynx, HG burra
    Suspension
    Warbonnet
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Mucho Gusto View Post
    Benson Burner, It was with a heavy heart I turned around that day but in the process I think I learned something about myself. I very much enjoyed the trail report including the music....Great job, you make all that work of look as though you really enjoy it and practically seemless! Want to thank you as well as Go Forth for lettING me tag along last minute.
    Thank you Mucho Gusto for the kind words, I appreciate the feedback. I'm planning on making the last two next week. Thx man.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hammock
    Dutch Chameleon or 11' netless
    Tarp
    UGQ11'Hex/Superfly
    Insulation
    UGQ20UQ/HG 30 TQ
    Suspension
    Beetles/Dyneema
    Images
    Sweet , looking forward to it ��
    "The clearest way into the Universe is through a forest wilderness."

– John Muir

Hammock
    DIY Gathered End
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Suspension
    UCR+Treestraps
    This video makes me want to hike the loowit! Get a great sense of it.

Hammock
    Ridge Runner
    Tarp
    Cloudburst
    Insulation
    Lynx, HG burra
    Suspension
    Warbonnet
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by tsunamihazardzone View Post
    This video makes me want to hike the loowit! Get a great sense of it.

Thanks THZ. I have done most of the spacing I like to do for part two and three. They are just right around 20 mins. Each. That is the same as part one. But I did make attempts to shorten the video. Maybe not this one. Too much already left out I feel. Oh well my style is kind of longer. For now.

Hammock
    WWII Issue Jungle Hammock
    Tarp
    Hennessy Hex
    Insulation
    Hennessy
    Suspension
    loop/caribi/repel
    Images
    "It's OK. They're speaking Chinese"- Firesign Theater

Hammock
    Dutch Chameleon or DIY Robic XL
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    DIY UQ & CDT TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Thanks for making my slow day at the office enjoyable. Great videos and a must do has been added to my ever-growing list.

Awesome video! Makes me want to go hiking out west, so much cool terrain and so many beautiful vistas.

Hammock
    Ridge Runner
    Tarp
    Cloudburst
    Insulation
    Lynx, HG burra
    Suspension
    Warbonnet
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by regnaD_kciN View Post
    right back at you!!! Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeFan View Post
    Thanks for making my slow day at the office enjoyable. Great videos and a must do has been added to my ever-growing list.
    Ohhh, No sweat-I sure am glad I could help. Thanks for thinking they are great. Makes me feel good, I am just learning here, they are going to get better. I am not in the HF fraternity, so I am surprised that there were more than just a couple comments. I surely think the trip report is shot with buetiful country, and I realize that I am merly a beginner, but I take a bit of pride when people do chime in, and most the time, they say they like it, so thank you, I know it takes time to respond, and It sure makes me feel nice, that it does indeed find certain people, I can't even tell you how that makes me feel, because it is so new to me... My deepest appreciation, to you- kind one. Thank you.
    Quote Originally Posted by bloop View Post
    Awesome video! Makes me want to go hiking out west, so much cool terrain and so many beautiful vistas.
    Thank you to you.YEs I agree, just inspiring to gaze upon. Those rocks look out into creation that makes me marvel, even the smallest square inch is a bed of miracles to me (When I am in the zone). Thank you for spreading me some cheer today, right back at you!!

• + New Posts