Tarp Question for Ridgerunner Owners

I have a Ridgerunner in route. I figured after all of these years of hanging in gathered end hammocks, and, being a side sleeper to boot, I ought to broaden my horizons and see what all the fuss is about. Any excuse to try new gear works for me. Anyway, I have several tarps 10, 11 and 12 footers. The 11 and 12 are both UGQ Winter Dreams and are 116 inches wide. I am considering buying another Winter Dreams from them that would be 13' long and 126" wide. I speculate the 13 foot length isn't actually needed; however, the extra 10 inches of width would appear to be just what the doctor ordered when it comes to those spreader bars. I know I don't get their current sale price this way; but, those are the financial sacrifices I must face. Input would be greatly appreciated.

Senior Member Andy "Bull" Bullock's Avatar
    Hammock
    WB ridgerunner
    Tarp
    WB cloudburst
    Insulation
    WB lynx & Costco
    Suspension
    straps+Dutch bling
    I can't recommend the cloudburst by warbonnet enough. It just makes sense. Pullouts match the spreaders, split rings on the underside of the ridgeline to connect the bugnet to, they're simply made for each other man. Now, I've got the spindrift too, using that you can go much smaller, especially in winter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hammock
    Warbonnet RR / BlackbirdXLC
    Tarp
    SimplyLightDesigns
    Insulation
    Lynx / LocoLibre
    Suspension
    webbing/buckles
    Images
    The cloudburst is a very nice tarp but I would also recommend the SimplyLightDesigns Winter Haven as well. Jared moved the pullouts on mine and they match up with the spreader bars very nicely. It's a 12 footer and if I hang it tight I can almost close the doors on the RR. It's tight inside with the tarp hung tight but it's a great way to keep wind and weather out. I have the bumpers on my spreader bars from Arrowhead Equipment.
    http://www.arrowhead-equipment.com/s...t_of_4%29.html

Hammock
    Mood Dependent
    Tarp
    Weather Dependent
    Insulation
    Just Dependent
    Suspension
    Beckett Up Pardner
    Images
    I started with Cloudburst which is a very worthy tarp but I wanted a little extra coverage for my dog and to clear the suspension triangle so I started going with 13 foot tarps. Have two rectangular 13 x 11's now for non winter use and a Winter Dream 13 foot when I need doors for the winter. When I'm on the fringe seasons I think I'm going to just keep using my rectangular tarps and go with the spindrift for any extra wind protection if it's coming from all directions. For just personal reasons I've come to hate doors and dealing with them. I guess because I was brought up on the pure 10 x 12 rectangular tarp. I actually didn't know about the interior net line ring until someone on the forums brought it up lol. I don't know how I missed it, I had just been going out to my ridge line tie out. Aye that is indeed a brilliant feature, better head room, no drip lines needed etc. I didn't know about it when I was getting the 13 x 11 SilPoly XL made but absolutely had it added when getting the cuben version from HG. A must have.
    Once you're lost in twilight's blue, you don't find your way, the way finds you.

I'm mainly considering a 4 season tarp. Consequently, I'm thinking of going with the 13 footer. Maybe I'll just try it with my 12 footer and if it's too big of a pain in the butt, I'll just sell it right away. I have this problem. It's called gear acquisition syndrome. I do things like this all the time. I buy the Ridegerunner then buy a tarp to fit. All of a sudden, I'm $500 +/- lighter.

Hammock
    Warbonnet RR / BlackbirdXLC
    Tarp
    SimplyLightDesigns
    Insulation
    Lynx / LocoLibre
    Suspension
    webbing/buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BigSky! View Post
    I'm mainly considering a 4 season tarp. Consequently, I'm thinking of going with the 13 footer. Maybe I'll just try it with my 12 footer and if it's too big of a pain in the butt, I'll just sell it right away. I have this problem. It's called gear acquisition syndrome. I do things like this all the time. I buy the Ridegerunner then buy a tarp to fit. All of a sudden, I'm $500 +/- lighter.
    So you have GAS? I think a lot of us have that syndrome

• + New Posts