Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Hammock
    Chameleon
    Tarp
    DIY (Olive Oyl)
    Insulation
    [allergic to down]
    Images
    We should start a pool to make guesses as to what you will encounter next... sharks? Grizzlies? Swamp crayfish crawlin' in yer shoes???

Hammock
    11' Chameleon
    Tarp
    DIY
    Insulation
    Loco Libre Gear
    Suspension
    DIY Whoopie slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Chesapeake View Post
    Yeah it was nasty! I'm right on the other side of the Susquehanna bridge from HdG in Perryville. If I go out in the water far enough I can see around the point here and over to 'grace. I didn't know you had family here, beautiful area isn't it?
    Brother in-law has a HVAC business in Baltimore, but they live in NJ, so they started renting a condo right on the water to give him a break from commuting during the week. Nice area. I used to fish bass tournaments on the chesapeake out of elks neck and dundee creek as well. Very nice area.

Hammock
    Dutch Netless, BBXLC, Custom Bridge
    Tarp
    a few, mostly WB
    Insulation
    several...
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by Chesapeake View Post
    While picking my youngest up from cheer practice yest. afternoon I noticed some light gray rain clouds blowing in and got excited. Finally I thought, I can hang outside and not sweat to death. I beat the clouds home and ran inside to gather my rig for the night : XLC & OMW. As I started to set up, I realized that I might have miss judged the severity of those Innocent rain clouds..... Out of nowhere the wind picked up and before I knew it my XLC was a sail. I had just connected the OMW to the prussiks on my dutch zing it RL when all hell broke loose. The sky got pitch black and my tarp was in my face, whipping around with its lash it guy outs stinging me like 100 jellyfish. The rain began. Thunder boomed overhead as lightning streaked across the dark summer sky. I decided to get inside and abandon my precious. As I tried to free myself from the flapping silnylon, I noticed that every single 5' length of lash it had become tangled and knotted around its panel pull lines and me, becoming a maze of yellow cord inside like an octopus killing it's pray. I finally broke free from its yellow tenticals and started inside. As I moved from under the large locus tree a bolt of lightning cracked right above my head and I could smell the burnt air thick like summer soup in my mouth. I made it inside and turned to see my precious. The XLC pullouts flung loose and it was violently blowing in the wind like a half pitched sail, and the tarp was thrashing about becoming ever more tangled and tied up in its own lines.I watched and waited for over an hour as my precious danced like a rag doll at a pre school in the heavy driving rain and wind with bolts of lightning filling the summer sky. When it finally started to calm down I donned my Snugpak patrol poncho and headed out to survey the damage. To my surprise everything was whole still. But all the lash it was knotted and twisted into a nightmarish yellow rats nest. After 20 mins I was able to take it down but each line still had knots running up its 5' length. I got everything inside and hung up in my basement to begin picking the 500 tight micro knots out which will take days Im sure! So be careful if you plan to hang in ify weather, it can change in a blink. No hammock or tarp is worth getting killed over, even though we might push those limits sometimes.
    so much effort in a really descriptive tale. and not a single paragraph...

Hammock
    HG,Dutch,XLC ,RR
    Tarp
    Superfly, AH hex,
    Insulation
    HG, Snugpak, SLD
    Suspension
    Whoopie Ti toggle
    Images
    Actually I didn't put much effort in at all ,hence the lack of paragraphs lol jk Sometimes I'll miss a comma or forget to spell check and I just won't feel like going back to change it Or sometimes I start typing my post and I'll hit send before going back to make sure its just not a wall of text After its posted I'll see that there's no paragraphs and just leave it BC going back to fix it would require more energy and time than I put in to begin with so I'll just leave it that way I figure no one is forced to read it so if a wall of text bothers someone than they just won't read it lol jk I do try most of the time to make my posts easy to read and grammatically correct just as a common courtesy because its just the proper thing to do and I respect others opinions of my posts and want my posts to be easy and pleasant to read so they are more enjoyable This way the reader continues to read them in the future and doesn't mind answering a question I might post or help me with a problem I'm having I enjoy telling my crazy stories and feel delighted and humbled by the fact that people actually want to read them I love the back and forth discussions and enthusiasm that some of my posts create That's exactly why I post at all, to interact with and give back to a community that is beyond friendly and knowledgeable But anyways.... I appreciate everyone's feed back sorry for the wall of text! It could have been worse it could have been a wall of text AND a giant run on sentence! Lol JK.
    " The best pace is a suicide pace, and today looks like a good day to die." ~ Steve Prefontaine

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123