Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Hammock
    Working on it
    Tarp
    Working on it
    Insulation
    Thermrest camp pad

Looking for hammock under 50 $

I would like to find a hammock a good hammock for under 50 . Now i started a thread recently of comfortable ness and i want to know what i need for mininum length and width for comfort i have to option on amazon and am open to suggestions
    Here are the 2 amazon ones https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...A1NCRUJYRXPELB
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...=ABOC28AWGZQCE.
    The first one is 9' 10" by 6' 6" 2nd ones is 9' 4" 5' 9". And my height is 5' 8" and i might grow the max of two more inches . My weight is also 210 -215 have been doing best to lose weight so far have gone down from 220 . also i got straps am looking at seperate that are 15 dollars on amazon but i might put in 5 dollar more and just get the dutch straps included.
    Last edited by smalz1234; 07-14-2017 at 17:18.

Hammock
    WildernessLogics 12x6
    Tarp
    HG cuben 13ridge12
    Insulation
    TopQuiltUnderQuilt
    Suspension
    S and D
    I would not have less than 11x5 roughly
    Now I have a 12x6
    Not sure of prices--smaller hammocks usually cost less.
    Lots of hammock noobies have short hammocks---
    As well as seasoned ultralight hammock campers.
    Good luck on getting what you want.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hammock
    Dutch/SLD/WB/DIY
    Tarp
    DWG/HG/SLD/UGQ/DIY
    Insulation
    Loco Libre Gear
    Suspension
    Dutchware
    Simply Light Designs Tree Runner SL
    Dutchware 11-foot Netless
    Smart graphic design for all your needs by BGD

Hammock
    LSOH Warrior Edge
    Tarp
    OES MacCat
    Insulation
    UGQ UQ, EE TQ
    Suspension
    Cinch Buckles
    1.Durable/lightweight, 2.cheap, 3.comfortable. Pick two.

Hammock
    SLD 11' 1.6 Hexon Wide TR
    Tarp
    11'Tadpole/12'OMW
    Insulation
    20F HG quilts
    Suspension
    1in straps/biners
    It really depends on your height as to what you will find most comfortable in length. At 6'2" I tried 10ft hammocks and they were fine for napping, but for over night or multi night camping I finally decided to make my own 11.5ft. If you are 5'8" or less in height you should have no trouble with a shorter hammock. Check eBay if your wanting to try something 10ft or under, there are a ton of used ENO hammocks that will fit your budget. If you need something longer and know someone that can sew a hem on a machine, get your own fabric and make your own for about $30.

Hammock
    Amok Draumr 3.0
    Tarp
    Amok
    Insulation
    Synmat 9 LW
    Suspension
    cinch buckles
    Just remember a LOT of the Amazon hammocks are measured from carabiner to carabiner and not the a tual hammock....

Hammock
    WBBBXLC/Dutch/WL/DH
    Tarp
    UGQ Winter Dream12
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Dutchware/Amsteel
    Images
    With your height of 5' 8" I would also agree that you would be more comfortable in an 11' hammock, especially if you might still grow a couple more inches. For width I prefer wider hammocks, around 65"-70". I am 5' 9" for reference.

Under $50? Then I agree with Kitsapcowboy, take a look at the Simply Light Designs Tree Runner SL or the Dutchware 11ft Netless hammock. I would also add Arrowhead Equipment's Day Tripper Hammock to the list. It is 11'x5'3" and costs $45 however the weight limit is 200lbs since it is a single layer 1.1 ripstop hammock.

Speaking of weight, your weight like hammock length plays a role in comfort because depending on your weight you may be more comfortable in a double layer vs single layer hammock. For example, if you are say 150lbs or less you might find a single layer 1.1-1.7 hammock comfortable. If you were closer to 250lbs you might be more comfortable in a double layer hammock in 1.6-1.7. If you are built more like an NFL lineman or if you like a hammock with very little to no stretch then a double layer of 2.2 Hex70 or 2.4 Hexon would be the way to go.

With all the hammocks mentioned above you would need to add a suspension system to the cost of the hammock. Keep in mind that these are not your typical big box retailer, made-in-China Ebay or Amazon hammocks. SLD, Dutchware and AHE products are top shelf as are all of the cottage industry products represented here on this forum. And with few exceptions their hammocks are all handmade in the USA.

Needless to say there are lots of options to choose from when buying the "right" hammock. You have come to the right place though, Hammock Forums is the de facto gold standard for hammock information. Lots of great people here to help, and a wealth of information.
    Last edited by 2 Samuel 22; 07-14-2017 at 16:42.
    Semper Paratus - Fidelis - Vigilans - Soli Deo Gloria
    | FAITH | FAMILY | FREEDOM |
    Instagram:
    @2ndSamuel22

Hammock
    WBBBXLC/Dutch/WL/DH
    Tarp
    UGQ Winter Dream12
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Dutchware/Amsteel
    Images
    If you absolutely have to stick to your budget of under $50 and don't mind big-box, made-in-China, then take a look at the Twisted Root Design Double Hammock on Woot for $24.99:
    https://sport.woot.com/offers/twiste...cnt_sc_is_2_tl
    The hammock is 10' 6" x 6' 6" and it includes carabiners. The TRD hammocks are very much like the ones you linked earlier but they are longer at 10.5ft.

Add Tree Straps for $17.99:
    https://sport.woot.com/offers/twiste...cnt_sc_is_1_tl
    Semper Paratus - Fidelis - Vigilans - Soli Deo Gloria
    | FAITH | FAMILY | FREEDOM |
    Instagram:
    @2ndSamuel22

Hammock
    DH Raven
    Tarp
    Hennessy Hex 70D
    Insulation
    UGQ Bandit/LLG CP
    Suspension
    Cinch Buckle
    For your budget try wildhorn outfitters outpost hammocks. They are 11ft hammocks and the single is 5ft wide and the double is 6.5 ft wide in camo it is 7ft wide. I just got the single and it measures 10ft 8in long and 58in wide. They are currently on amazon for $45 for either model with 11ft cinch buckle system and 2 carabiners.

Hammock
    DIY 11' Hexon 1.6 wide
    Tarp
    DIY 12' Hex
    Insulation
    DIY Costco TQ, UQ
    Suspension
    DIY hugs, whoopies
    DIY is by far the best value, and would be super easy for the 3 projects I suggest below. Straight(ish) stiching is all you'd need to know.

$22.75 - a great 11' (or, whatever length you want, up to just shy of 12') Hexon hammock, a shade more $ for the wide version, which I would recommend if you are 6' tall or more from MakeYourGear.com/Dutchware.com http://www.makeyourgear.com/kits-and...s-hammock-kit/

@ $25 - Asym tarp kit from Dutchware - order 4 yds Xenon wide (on sale now for just $5/yd) and 1/2 yard of 300D pack, $1 worth of beastee D's and $2 worth of grosgrain, spool of thread to match = tarp.

@$21 of noseeum mesh = Fronkey bug net.

Straps - $3-5 depending on sale prices at Harbor Freight for their lashing straps and hacksaw off the metal part. https://www.harborfreight.com/set-of...7386.htmlLearn the super simple Becket hitch, and done for suspension.

So, for around $70 you have everything but insulation covered!

For some odd reason, some things are less expensive/unavailable on the Dutchware site vs the Makeyourgear site, and vice versa. Check both, and order accordingly, or just call them to order it all at once.
    Last edited by DannyII; 07-14-2017 at 22:31.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast