Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Banned
    Hammock
    Sold
    Insulation
    Varies
    Suspension
    Depends
    The " Best Quilt" is the one that fits you the best. I had quilts from most of the mfg. each one was different in a positive way. I am a.picky person, I thread inject, so I know quality sewn items when I see them. All my gear from vendors on this site are top rate, but differ from one to another.

Hammock
    Chameleon
    Tarp
    HG Dyneema
    Insulation
    HG UQ, Custom TQ
    Suspension
    Yes
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatchet_1697 View Post
    Any issues with legs/feet getting cold? Or does your TQ take do a good job? I have the EE Revelation TQ that has always kept my lower legs/feet toasty warm, but have never used it in a hammock during colder WX. Reading what OutandBack and others have said I'm thinking it + small foam pad + a shorter UQ might work well and be a lighter carry.
    I put a Dutch sitpad in my quilt or a cut down Ridgerest. No problems.

Hammock
    Mayan / Freebird
    Tarp
    SLD Custom
    Insulation
    UGQ 30*F / 0*F
    Suspension
    Whoopie / fleaz
    As side sleeper, with no pillow, I prefer my full-length-for-me UQ from UGQ. I took a long time to decide which company to go with, and I felt taking everything into consideration, for my personal needs, UGQ won out on a lot of different levels.

Hammock
    Dutch Half-wit Hexon 1.0
    Tarp
    Clark XL Tarp
    Insulation
    Wookie/UKH custom
    Suspension
    Dutch kit
    Since you request a no-fuzz easy hung UQ, I feel as though more people should've mentioned the Warbonnet Wookie. Someone did already, but only one in 4 pages - So I'll bring it up again

The big advantage of the wookie is that it's basically another hammock with perfectly fitted insulation only where you need it sewn onto it. So It's as simple as hanging the head end of the UQ to the head end of the hammock and the foot end of the UQ to the foot end of the hammock and you're done. There's no further adjustments to be made and because it's made to insulate you only where you lay, it's a lighter weight design, since it needs much less down than regular UQ's.

It's my best hammock purchase not just this year, but ever.

Hammock
    Dutchware Chameleon
    Tarp
    HG DCF Hex (11')
    Insulation
    EE TQ & GG pad
    Suspension
    HB Whoopie Slings
    UPDATE: Very tough choice but I went with EE and WB.

For summer a EE Revolt 40 degree short (55") w/950 down. At 11oz it fits my ultralight hiking style. The digicam is cool, and when dialed in it works great. I went with the short (I'm 6') so when the WX cools I'll use an ultralight sit pad from Dutchwear under my feet. I have 2 EE TQ's and they are great.

For Spring/Fall a 3-season (20 degree) WB Wookie XL won. LLG Habanero came in a close second. The Wookie XL fits my Chameleon and in cold WX the "set and forget" aspect of the Wookie made it worth the extra ounce. The 20D fabric will help cut wind, protect the hammock, and not needing to adjust the fit in the middle of a cold night is a big plus. I added 1oz of overfill for good measure.

I have to say there are some excellent cottage companies out there all with the Made in America label on them, it was tough to choose

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Images
    Thanks for completing this thread by letting us know what you decided on. I think you made some great choices they shoould last you a long time.

Hammock
    DIY GE
    Insulation
    Down TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    DynaGlide UCRs
    I'll second the recommendation for the Wookie. I don't own one but I use a 44" x 72" 20 degree UQ that I made and I initially had standard suspension on it. The shockcord down the sides and the cinched ends, for me, were very uncomfortable. As such, I'm in the process of modding my UQ to mimic the Wookie's design as I feel it solves many problems. The ONLY drawback I can come up with is that you have to choose your lay direction when using this style of UQ where virtually all standard UQ designs allow you to lay either direction.

Hammock
    Dutchware Chameleon
    Tarp
    HG DCF Hex (11')
    Insulation
    EE TQ & GG pad
    Suspension
    HB Whoopie Slings
    I contacted WB about the lay, I'm feet left, head right and never switch. So for me it works. HYOH

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• + New Posts
  • Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234