Hammock
    Dutchware Chameleon
    Tarp
    Dutchware Hex Tarp
    Insulation
    HG UQ or DIY UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings

HYOH Podcast - Episode 22 (Jimmy McSparron/TrekkingFool)

This month is an oportunity to talk about adventure – Jonathan and Mark get a chance to talk with Jimmy McSparron (also known as trekkingnut) about his life as an adventurer in Peru, the Andes, and all over the world. A Fellow of the Royal Geographic Society and operator of TrekkingNut Expeditions, Jimmy has visited over 31 countries and is the brand ambassador for Hennessy Hammock and Craghoppers. Listen as we hear about some of his experiences in the wild, and how he leads a life of adventure in the wild.
    After our chat with Jimmy, Jonathan and Mark talk about some hammock camping “Life Hacks” and how they make our life a little better in surprising ways. Send your ideas to [email protected] for the opportunity to be featured on a future episode!
    Show Notes and Links:
    Learn more about the KaPoc Tree at its WikiPedia article.
    Watch Jimmy get his paed tidt tattoo in his YouTube video.
    Here’s a link to the Garmin Inreach SE+ two-way satellite tracker Jimmy mentions that he uses when he travels in the wilderness.
    This month’s show sponsor is Audible, an online purveyor of over 200,000 audiobooks and other forms of audio content, available to listen to on your smartphone or other device of choice. For a free 30-day trial, go to https://hyohpodcast.com/audible and subscribe. You can cancel any time in the first 30 days and keep your first audiobook as a thanks for trying the product!
    As always, we are also inviting comments and suggestions on our Facebook page – like us there at https://www.facebook.com/hyohpodcast and join the conversation. You can listen to or subscribe to the podcast from a link on our home page online at https://www.hyohpodcast.com or give us a review on our page in iTunes. If you’d like to buy Mark and Jonathan a cup of coffee, go to https://www.hyohpodcast.com/donate to make a one-time donation. As always, thanks so much for hanging around!
    Last edited by captaincoupal; 07-11-2017 at 06:59. Reason: Adding links to show notes

Hammock
    Chameleon
    Tarp
    Winter Palace
    Insulation
    LLG, HG, EE
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    Hey guys. I just listened and heard in the beginning that you'll be at HangCon in January... I'm new to the community and have never heard of HangCon, but having a reason to go to Florida in January sounds awesome. I looked on the Trip section of the forums and don't see anything about this. Is it too early for the planning to start? Really, I'm looking for dates (so I can request off work) and location info. Does anyone know if I'm just missing the thread?

Hammock
    Dutchware Chameleon
    Tarp
    Dutchware Hex Tarp
    Insulation
    HG UQ or DIY UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Quote Originally Posted by souperjen24 View Post
    Hey guys. I just listened and heard in the beginning that you'll be at HangCon in January... I'm new to the community and have never heard of HangCon, but having a reason to go to Florida in January sounds awesome. I looked on the Trip section of the forums and don't see anything about this. Is it too early for the planning to start? Really, I'm looking for dates (so I can request off work) and location info. Does anyone know if I'm just missing the thread?
    The planning appears to be just starting, so there isn't a trip thread for it yet or any announced dates. We'll announce information on it on the podcast, of course, as soon as we know of dates.

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images

HYOH Podcast - Episode 22 (Jimmy McSparron/TrekkingFool)

Listened to this one today after shooting a part in a short film and then driving 10 hours (still on my way) to Tioga, ND for a show.
    Really interesting feller. Leeches>>>>!

The woman who commented about no females winter caming is a bit off the mark. We have had Amber several times (Hillbilly Deluxes wife.) She is a joyful winter camper.And Liz aka Watertones out on deep winter hangs. Not sure how they pee out there...never asked!
    Also many females on other hangs. They have all been stalwart trail companions and love the woods as much as me and all the fellers it seems.
    Maybe we/you/I/us need to address that sometime. Sorry it just did not come up on our Winter big chat.
    Great poddy.
    Shug
    Last edited by Shug; 09-08-2017 at 22:02.
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Hammock
    Dutchware Chameleon
    Tarp
    Dutchware Hex Tarp
    Insulation
    HG UQ or DIY UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Quote Originally Posted by Shug View Post
    Listened to this one today after shooting a part in a short film and then driving 10 hours (still on my way) to Tioga, ND for a show.
    Really interesting feller. Leeches>>>>!

The woman who commented about no females winter caming is a bit off the mark. We have had Amber several times (Hillbilly Deluxes wife.) She is a joyful winter camper.And Liz aka Watertones out on deep winter hangs. Not sure how they pee out there...never asked!
    Also many females on other hangs. They have all been stalwart trail companions and love the woods as much as me and all the fellers it seems.
    Maybe we/you/I/us need to address that sometime. Sorry it just did not come up on our Winter big chat.
    Great poddy.
    Shug

Thanks, I think you're right. We'll figure it out.

Hammock
    11' Chameleon
    Tarp
    DIY
    Insulation
    Loco Libre Gear
    Suspension
    DIY Whoopie slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by souperjen24 View Post
    It's Martin Luther King weekend in January, from Thursday to Tuesday (but most are there from Friday to Sunday).

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Just finished a part in a short film called 100,000 Miles a Second. I play a homeless ethereal street musician who gives hope and wisdom to a woman who has the onset of MS. She feels no one sees her. He does.
    So...the writer and director wanted me to wear a blue shirt as it is a healing color. I brought along many but the HYOH shirt got chosen. You can sorta see the hammock on my shirt. Kinda fitting. Healing power.
    Shug

Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Hammock
    Dutchware Chameleon
    Tarp
    Dutchware Hex Tarp
    Insulation
    HG UQ or DIY UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Quote Originally Posted by Shug View Post
    Just finished a part in a short film called 100,000 Miles a Second. I play a homeless ethereal street musician who gives hope and wisdom to a woman who has the onset of MS. She feels no one sees her. He does.
    So...the writer and director wanted me to wear a blue shirt as it is a healing color. I brought along many but the HYOH shirt got chosen. You can sorta see the hammock on my shirt. Kinda fitting. Healing power.
    Shug

Many are called, but few are chosen... Thanks for bringing it along, how awesome is that!

• + New Posts