Tarp
    HG CF/WBSF
    Insulation
    HG 0 Incub./Burrow
    Suspension
    Dutch Beatle Bug

Pillow, yea or nay

Hi all,

Just wondering if there are many people who seem to like laying in a hammock overnight with no pillow at all? I've tried a few different pillows and they all seem to make sleep worse in a hammock at least (not in the tent however.) I still bring one and its nice when I'm just lounging enjoying a view or eating because the pillow props my back up. Does anyone else share these sentiments? Thanks guys..
    "These are the voices which we hear in solitude, but they grow faint and inaudible as we enter the world. Society everywhere is in conspiracy against the manhood of everyone of it's members." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Hammock
    Half-wit (3 season), Chameleon (win
    Tarp
    Superfly, Thunderf
    Insulation
    EE Revelation 20*,
    Suspension
    Whoopie!
    Quote Originally Posted by GopherHanger View Post
    Hi all,

Just wondering if there are many people who seem to like laying in a hammock overnight with no pillow at all? I've tried a few different pillows and they all seem to make sleep worse in a hammock at least (not in the tent however.) I still bring one and its nice when I'm just lounging enjoying a view or eating because the pillow props my back up. Does anyone else share these sentiments? Thanks guys..
    So far I still need a small neck pillow. I'm currently using a HH double layer Jungle with not much give to it, so I'm wondering if a more stretchy fabric will be different.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by GopherHanger View Post
    Hi all,

I have found that I don't actually like a pillow under my head when I'm in my hammock, but I do like something to keep my head in place. My current solution is the REI Self-Inflating Travel Pillow which I reviewed here with some pics. It was cheap, pretty lightweight, and doesn't do more than I need. Best of luck in the pillow search. There are some folks here who have tried many, many different pillows in the search for "the one."

I used the Hammock Gear pillow and I love it. It use it more as a neck pillow, but it gives me the perfect amount of support to have a great night's sleep. I also love the length of shock cord as it allows me to adjust it to be at the perfect spot every time I get in the hammock.

Images
    I've got a pillow kit from RSBTR I've yet to make. In the meantime, I've been using my extra clothes, my rain gear, or often my down jacket in a stuff sack. What I've discovered is that I need something, but that something is really quite small. At home I need a BIG pillow. In the hammock I could probably have a stack of maybe four kitchen pot holders and it would be about right.

Hammock
    Dutch 11ft. Netless
    Tarp
    HG CF/WBSF
    Insulation
    HG 0 Incub./Burrow
    Suspension
    Dutch Beatle Bug
    Cool advice and gear choices fellas, sounds like most folks use or need a pillow
    "These are the voices which we hear in solitude, but they grow faint and inaudible as we enter the world. Society everywhere is in conspiracy against the manhood of everyone of it's members." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Hammock
    Towns-End
    Tarp
    WB, Towns-End, UGQ
    Insulation
    LSOH, JRB, UGQ
    Suspension
    Straps & Buckles
    Images
    I had trouble with my HG pillow and my UGQ pillow. I finally settled with one from Simply Light Designs and it works well for me.
    Last edited by Peppy; 07-04-2017 at 21:39.

Hammock
    Chameleon
    Tarp
    Minifly/Pappy Plce
    Insulation
    Down/Apex
    Suspension
    Straps
    Images
    I carry a DIY drawcord sack made of 1.1 nylon. About a foot square and weighs like 1/4 of an ounce. It carries my BatchStoves fleece hat, down balaclava and fingerless gloves that I wear when sleeping in colder weather. My down sleeves that go with my down vest are also in there. Usually leave the balaclava and gloves home in warm weather. The 1/16" shockcord drawstring ties to my hammock ridgeline. Once the hat, balaclava and gloves are out of the bag, the down sleeves are just thick enough to tuck under one side of my head. Or, the contents can be moved around to fully support my head for more warmth.

Hammock
    Dream Hammock
    Tarp
    UGQ
    Insulation
    UGQ
    I always use a pillow. Inside I use a travel neck pillow. Outdoors I use a waded up fleece or my Dri-ducks raingear.

Hammock
    DIY Bridge /Draumr
    Tarp
    DIY Silpoly
    Insulation
    DIY UQ and TQ
    Suspension
    PolyStraps/Huggers
    Pillows are good... "yea"....
    “The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men should do nothing.”

- Edmund Burke

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast