Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast
    Hammock
    Envy S
    Insulation
    HG
    Suspension
    Cinch Buckles
    We can't wait!!! It has been tooooo long! I am also excited about having the herd/mess of Mecks together also. We do not get much time together with David and Beth in Pittsburgh. So 6 Mecks and 3 Meck grandpuppies. So Great Friends, Good food, and family who could ask for more!
    Hammeck - Hammocks, stands, and accessories, made by the Meck family.

Like us on Facebook!

Hammock
    Blackbird 1.7 double
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    UGQs ZEPPELIN
    Suspension
    Dutch Clips
    Images
    Are we there yet ?
    I am still 18 but with 52 years of experience !

Hammock
    Warbonnet, Eldorado, Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    WB thunderfly, etc
    Insulation
    WB Wookie
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings etc
    I finally signed up. My underquilt is scheduled to arrive on Thursday but if something goes wrong I will be standing there with a sign "will work (a very little bit) for loaner underquilt".

Since I've not met any of you yet I thought it would be rude to poison anyone and so instead tomorrow I'm going to promise the wife that I'll be better at rolling out the garbage if she cooks either her Chili (does anyone like Cincinnati style?) or, seeing that she won't likely believe me about ever becoming more responsible, I may try to get her to create some easier to make potato salad.

So now I'm enjoying the agony of waiting for my underquilt and looking forward to my first group hang. It seems like the weather should be very nice indeed. I'll bring a camera or two and a few lenses and see if I can catch the spirit of the event for sharing later.

Hammock
    Netty/ Roaming Gnome
    Tarp
    gnome dome/mctarp
    Insulation
    Incubator/Jarbidge
    Suspension
    Webbing
    Images
    So now I'm wondering, since I know we are going to have such great eaters, should I do mashed potatoes with the beef tips and gravy, or just keep it rice? I want everyone to get enough to fill their bellies. I'll watch for feedback.
    If you don't like my cooking there's always MRE's.***Hotlips

So, I'm thinking rice. If we have left over we can reheat for it for those of us who like rice / chilli. But you do what you think might be easier or taste better. We've been your test subjects for so long and you've never steered us wrong yet!
    Pavel, I'm looking forward to meeting you and all the other new hangers too! If there is anything we can do, just let us know. If the quilt hasn't arrived, don't worry there will be alot of others to loan gear,

Hammock
    Blackbird 1.7 double
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    UGQs ZEPPELIN
    Suspension
    Dutch Clips
    Images
    (does anyone like Cincinnati style?)
    don't know what Cincinnati style but I am willing to learn ( as I started typing this Sam decided it was time to go outside and play and when he starts using his snout to Knock your hand and arm away from the keyboard and tries to crawl in your lap; it is impossible to ignore him so we went outside to play and work on loading the trailer and van.) .

I'm going to promise the wife that I'll be better at rolling out the garbage
    Bring the wife and let us convert her to the dark side . About half the hangers attending will be female so she will have lots of company plus the group site has very nice restrooms and a shower. If she is not ready to try a hammock then she can sleep in a tent.

Bring a camera and take lots of pictures. No telling what strange things you may capture on film......

Hammock
    Blackbird 1.7 double
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    UGQs ZEPPELIN
    Suspension
    Dutch Clips
    Images
    Bringing some treats for our 4 legged hangers

Hammock
    Hammeck Envy-S
    Tarp
    HG
    Insulation
    HG
    Suspension
    Dutchware
    Quote Originally Posted by Hotlips View Post
    So now I'm wondering, since I know we are going to have such great eaters, should I do mashed potatoes with the beef tips and gravy, or just keep it rice? I want everyone to get enough to fill their bellies. I'll watch for feedback.
    I'm a big fan of mashed potatoes. Beth is planning to do some dutch oven baked beans (with bacon!) to contribute to one of the meals, as well. If there's anything else we can bring that would help, please let me know.
    Hammeck - Hammocks, stands, and accessories, made by the Meck family.

Like us on Facebook!

Hammock
    Dream Hammock Sparrow
    Tarp
    DIY
    Insulation
    Loco Libre
    Suspension
    DIY straps / Fancy
    I love rice, so my vote is rice. Not a fan of parboiled or instant but we get why we get.

Hammock
    Exped combi or K-mart special
    Tarp
    stock Exped
    Insulation
    puffer jackets
    Suspension
    python straps
    Do whatever you want. All sounds good to me. I won't be contributing to Friday's meal since I will arrive at supper time, otherwise I would have done some potatoes or egg noodles to go with the beef tips since you were doing rice. I will do something for Saturday lunch. Also planning to bring some eggs to do scrambled egg burritos for Sunday morning. Will also bring some drinks.

• + New Posts
  • Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast