Tarp
    DIY 12' Sil Hex
    Insulation
    DIY Costco UQ \ TQ
    Suspension
    Kammok-n-whoopies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Terminator View Post
    For you, always! I do love me some punkin @$$!! Now if only we can get shoots at bears, I would have tears of joy running down my legs!! But then, I don't know if I could stand that much joy! :
    WooHooooo!! Actually going to make it to another MMP Hunger Hang! I think the first Hunger Hang was my first group hang. You folks will always have a special place in my heart.
    Please let me know what I can bring and I'll get signed up.
    "Hold an image of the life you want, and that image will become fact."---Norman Vincent Peale

Hammock
    DIY Tablecloth Hammock
    Tarp
    DIY 12' Sil Hex
    Insulation
    DIY Costco UQ \ TQ
    Suspension
    Kammok-n-whoopies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by gunner76 View Post
    Always room at the inn at PumkinA@@. Its been so long since we have heard from you, we were beginning to thing you had given up on hanging. Can tell this will be an epic hang.
    No chance of you folks getting rid of me that easy...LOL and no way I'm giving up my hammock either!!! You are partly responsible for why I love it so much... and it doesn't hurt that you folks know how to put on a hang!

I do apologize for the lack of presence on the forums here. I've never been the social media "butterfly" LOL. Sometimes life just gets in the way of living it. <SMH>

It does look like I'm actually going to be able to get there sometime mid to late Thursday afternoon if that's OK.

Please let me know what I can bring. Looking forward to hanging with you folks again!!
    "Hold an image of the life you want, and that image will become fact."---Norman Vincent Peale

Hammock
    Towns End BGBH
    Tarp
    UGQ WD12
    Insulation
    HG Incubator 20
    Suspension
    Ultimate Straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by CAS52 View Post
    Please let me know what I can bring. Looking forward to hanging with you folks again!!
    You sure you're willing to be the BUTT of some jokes???
    Retired US Navy, 10-year Stage IIIb colon cancer survivor. I believe my last words will be "Hold my beer..."

Hammock
    DIY Tablecloth Hammock
    Tarp
    DIY 12' Sil Hex
    Insulation
    DIY Costco UQ \ TQ
    Suspension
    Kammok-n-whoopies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Slugger View Post
    You sure you're willing to be the BUTT of some jokes???
    LOL Figured I would go ahead and get ahead of 'em. I'm sure I'll hear them all in the End

Hammock
    Blackbird 1.7 double
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    UGQs ZEPPELIN
    Suspension
    Dutch Clips
    Images
    Please let me know what I can bring and I'll get signed up.
    Fire wood for the cave man TV is always good. Maybe some sodas

I've never been the social media "butterfly"
    I don't think anyone would mistake you for a butterfly

I think the first Hunger Hang was my first group hang
    I think it was

It does look like I'm actually going to be able to get there sometime mid to late Thursday afternoon if that's OK.
    Thursday is good.
    I am still 18 but with 52 years of experience !

Hammock
    Envy S
    Insulation
    HG
    Suspension
    Cinch Buckles
    PopMeck and I hope to arrive Friday late morning or early afternoon. All depends on DC traffic. What goodies can we bring from PA Dutch country? This will be the first hang ever that all six of us will attend together. I am so excited to see everyone, it has been way to long!
    Hammeck - Hammocks, stands, and accessories, made by the Meck family.

Like us on Facebook!

Hammock
    Warbonnet, Eldorado, Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    WB thunderfly, etc
    Insulation
    WB Wookie
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings etc
    I just ordered an in-stock under-quilt from Hammock Gear and it if gets here by wednesday, I think I may have to attend my first "hang" of any sort at Merchants Mill pond. Keeping fingers crossed that it gets here and that the temps keep above 40 degrees, since that's what they had in stock.

Ummm ... what's the custom about who brings the beer?

Hammock
    Blackbird 1.7 double
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    UGQs ZEPPELIN
    Suspension
    Dutch Clips
    Images
    I just ordered an in-stock under-quilt from Hammock Gear and it if gets here by wednesday, I think I may have to attend my first "hang" of any sort at Merchants Mill pond. Keeping fingers crossed that it gets here and that the temps keep above 40 degrees, since that's what they had in stock.

Ummm ... what's the custom about who brings the beer?
    Temps should be mild. Have a sleeping bag you can borrow if needed.

Alcohol is not allowed in the state parks.

Hammock
    Blackbird 1.7 double
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    UGQs ZEPPELIN
    Suspension
    Dutch Clips
    Images
    What goodies can we bring from PA Dutch country?
    Any tasty pastries or other items would be great. Whoopie Pies ?

It will be a true Meck City at this hang.
    Last edited by gunner76; 10-22-2017 at 21:17.

Hammock
    Blackbird 1.7 double
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    UGQs ZEPPELIN
    Suspension
    Dutch Clips
    Images
    Start packing if you have not done so. Change of clothes and towel if you plan to take a shower. Bring a rain coat just in case and a warm jacket. Don't forget a camp chair.

Cell phone reception is poor at the site so you might want to put your phone on airplane mode so it does not drain the battery looking for a signal. Verizon users have the best luck getting reception but that is not always the case.

The nearest grocery stores are a 30-45 minute drive from the park. There is a stop and rob about a mile from the camp site that sells gas, drinks and ice. There is also a Chinese take out close by about a mile or so west of the park.

If you need to borrow some gear, let us know as soon as possible,

If you are not sure if you have your hammock set up properly, ask me or PappyAmos to check your rig out. We want you to be comfortable at night. One first time hanger did tell anyone she was using a DIY UQ she had just made and had not tested. She ended up sleeping in the car because the DIY UQ was was not suited for the temps that night. I lent her a UQ rated for the temps and the next night she said she slept warm. Her husband was going to use a tent but forgot the tent poles so I set him up in a hammock the first night and he said he was warm both nights.

This hang is very structured and has a strict schedule. The schedule is as follows...get to the park when you want, leave when you want. Take naps when you want. Sit around the cave man tv when you want. Meals are served when they are ready and we will let everyone know its time to eat ( unless you are out hiking and or paddling ). The Terminator and I usually get to the park between 12 noon and one on Thursday. If the gate to the group site is not unlocked we have to wait about 30 minutes for the rangers to unlock it and turn on the water at the bath house.

Even with all our planning with how many hangers will be arriving each day, it is hard to estimate how much food to fix for each meal. Please do not fill up your plate with one item. Try to leave some for the folks behind you Once everyone has been thru the line then go back and get some more. We did run out of entrees at one hang and as I was at the end of the line, when I got to front all the entrees where gone. I started checking what was left and I found a DO full of Cherry Cobbler that no one had touched yet. I love Cherry Cobbler and ate most of it in revenge.

Part of attending a group hang is getting to check out all the different styles of hammocks and assorted gear and suspensions. If you want to get into a hammock to see what it is like, get the owners permission first. Most of us are happy to show off our setups. Some times we may not want you in it due to weight limitations. The Terminator has several RidgeRunner Bridge hammocks and for a long time she was convinced any time I got near it, I was going to get in it and break it. Kept telling her I know I am too heavy for it ( One of them is only rated to 200 lbs ).
    Last edited by gunner76; 10-22-2017 at 22:25.

• + New Posts
  • Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast