Townsend Bridge
    Tarp
    Homemade Cuben
    Insulation
    UGQ TQ TR Pad
    Suspension
    Dogbones-Mule Tape
    Quote Originally Posted by tortuga View Post

I hope this link worked. My brother, his team at outdoor vitals, and I(I hope I helped a littl on the inovation) have came up with this solution please chime in and let me know what you think of it. It May not be perfect but it is an affordable option to get people outdoors and in hammocks. I have to admit I had my reservations but he has proven me wrong and I've had some great night sleeps in the prototype. I still love my Hammock Gear underquilt and topquilt but I just can't afford one for each member of my family.

Tortuga aka Tyler
    I took the plunge despite my reservations and am backer #40. When I thought about it, I will always have multiple set ups in my hammock gear quivver. The reason for this setup on Kickstarter for me is the simple design and the weight--if I am hiking mulitple days, that's what I am going to want--simple, light, warm, and dry. I hope it is pretty comfortable, too, but understand I might be making a compromise.

Quote Originally Posted by MAD777 View Post
    This concept has been around for a long time. There's been DIY ones and commercially available ones. They are warm & toasty, but all have compromised the diagonal lay.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    I recall now seeing something similar from snugpak for around 66 bucks on amazon.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Hammock
    Townsend Bridge
    Tarp
    Homemade Cuben
    Insulation
    UGQ TQ TR Pad
    Suspension
    Dogbones-Mule Tape
    Quote Originally Posted by rickmurph View Post
    I recall now seeing something similar from snugpak for around 66 bucks on amazon.

I saw the Snugpak set up before, too. Their gear was heavier and had to be more generally setup to fit a lot of other hammocks. I will be interested in how this setup works--I like the idea of being warm when its cold in the White Mountains for NH!! I camp on mountain tops where it can get coooooold.

Quote Originally Posted by heyduff View Post
    I saw the Snugpak set up before, too. Their gear was heavier and had to be more generally setup to fit a lot of other hammocks. I will be interested in how this setup works--I like the idea of being warm when its cold in the White Mountains for NH!! I camp on mountain tops where it can get coooooold.
    Looking forward to your review when you get it. I love getting outdoors in the winter with my HG topquilt and underquilt :-)

Hammock
    Dutch 11 foot
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Diy uq phantom32
    Suspension
    Dutch speed hooks/
    Images
    I made a pod system out of an old Ozark Trail cocoon 250, it works quite well and Its surprising how diagonal you can actually get in it . It definitely restrict your ability to spread out and hinders an extreme diagonal but still pretty comfy as long as you're not claustrophobic. This has several features that would certainly be an improvement over my DIY pod. The zipper being on the front will make it much easier to get in and out and shock cord around the hole that the hammock passes through is a great idea. Is there any kind of suspension on the head end that prevents the bag from falling on the ground when unzip?

Nevermind took another look at the pictures and could see the head end suspension.
    Last edited by Carrico; 06-28-2017 at 21:06.
    By all means, let's argue about whether or not a hammock will hurt a tree. All the while ignoring the fact that there is an island of garbage the size of Texas floating in the Pacific ocean. Or how about the fact that over 75% of the world's nuclear reactors are leaking...

Hammock
    WB Blackbird 1.7
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Various UQ
    Suspension
    Webbing
    Like the concept but it's the diagonal lying thing for me and I tend to toss a little bit.

Hammock
    HG,Dutch,XLC ,RR
    Tarp
    Superfly, AH hex,
    Insulation
    HG, Snugpak, SLD
    Suspension
    Whoopie Ti toggle
    Images
    I think I just might try this out. I'm in the market for a new 0° system for this coming winter as I recently sold my 0° HG set. I have a Snugpak Cocoon and with my short stature can get enough of a diagonal lay to be almost perfectly flat. I like the features this has and if it does indeed work at or below 0° then its perfect for me. I can def see using it with my 11 diy hammock since the RL is easy to detach, but not so much my XLC. I like trying new types of insulation and this looks right up my alley. The price is great so I might even get the tarp too. Ill proly still eventually get another 0° HG UQ/TQ but I think Im gonna give this a try and see if I like it as much as my Snugpak Cocoon.
    " The best pace is a suicide pace, and today looks like a good day to die." ~ Steve Prefontaine

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12