Hammock
    Chameleon, Netless
    Tarp
    UGQ WD12, WB ThFly
    Insulation
    UGQ , HG, WB
    Suspension
    Dutch, Turtle Ties

Zenbivy Opinions? TQ & occasional tent camper?

All,

Haven't seen Zenbivy show up in a search of the forums.
    What do you all think of their system as 1) a TQ for hanging and 2) use of their sheet system for the occasional tent camper?

Youtube

Kickstarter

Review

I am going to Philmont in New Mexico for a Boy Scout 6 night trek that does not allow hammocks and occasionally numbers just work out better to tent w/ somebody for Boundary Waters trips.. and all my kids are not yet hangers , so thought this might fit a few "needs"

For Philmont, where it can get into the mid 40's at night, I was thinking of either using my Big Agnes bag, which has only a pad sleeve for the bottom, which I love for tenting or taking a top quilt, but also bringing a sleeping bag liner to try to keep my down from getting soiled if it's warmer. I also will have my 14yr old, 6'3" son on the trip, so am thinking extra gear will get used . My collection of sleeping bags (none really expensive) and now quilts (2 TQ, 2 BQ) continues to grow. Wondering if the Zenbivy has a home and a niche to fill?

Images
    You don't see much on this sleeping bag system here on Hammockforums because it is not very hammock friendly. Looks complicated bulky and heavy. For a ground dweller it would be fine. I did not check the price since I did not see me working this into my hammock camping kits.

Hammock
    Chameleon, Netless
    Tarp
    UGQ WD12, WB ThFly
    Insulation
    UGQ , HG, WB
    Suspension
    Dutch, Turtle Ties
    Quote Originally Posted by OutandBack View Post
    You don't see much on this sleeping bag system here on Hammockforums because it is not very hammock friendly. Looks complicated bulky and heavy. For a ground dweller it would be fine. I did not check the price since I did not see me working this into my hammock camping kits.
    Understood. What intrigued me is that the TQ portion of the system is down, could be compact and could be used in a hammock just fine. The fact that it zips onto a pad sleeve would seem to work well as a ground dweller.... But maybe it's just as easy to go to ground w/a hammock TQ. What intrigued me is the integration for ground dwelling while still having largely a down TQ that could be used separate. Weight isn't too much of a factor for me as either I'm canoe camping or not hiking great distances.

Cost is $250. HG Econ TQ is around $100 less, so that would leave some $ avaiable to supplement the TQ w/ sheet/liners -- I just don't feel like laying directly on a thermarest and would like something to protect the TQ in warmer temps from sweat. Living in MN, my favorite hanging season is from Sept to March. I don't have much time to hang in the summer due to kids sports. If hanging in warm summer temps, I revert to a cheaper, sleeping bag zipped open like a TQ w/ a 30deg UQ.

Hammock
    Amok Draumr 3.0
    Tarp
    Amok
    Insulation
    Synmat 9 LW
    Suspension
    cinch buckles
    I've seen a couple of guys with big Clark rigs that used the NEMO version of this and really liked it

but again, they're not so much back packers, as hunters with a base camp. carry it in once, then stay in a spot for several days

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Us5Camp View Post
    Understood. What intrigued me is that the TQ portion of the system is down, could be compact and could be used in a hammock just fine. The fact that it zips onto a pad sleeve would seem to work well as a ground dweller.... But maybe it's just as easy to go to ground w/a hammock TQ. What intrigued me is the integration for ground dwelling while still having largely a down TQ that could be used separate. Weight isn't too much of a factor for me as either I'm canoe camping or not hiking great distances.

Cost is $250. HG Econ TQ is around $100 less, so that would leave some $ avaiable to supplement the TQ w/ sheet/liners -- I just don't feel like laying directly on a thermarest and would like something to protect the TQ in warmer temps from sweat. Living in MN, my favorite hanging season is from Sept to March. I don't have much time to hang in the summer due to kids sports. If hanging in warm summer temps, I revert to a cheaper, sleeping bag zipped open like a TQ w/ a 30deg UQ.
    I see what you are saying. I think you could find a much nicer/higher quality TQ here from one of our vendors and a nice pad from your favorite camping outfit for those times you need to use a tent or tarp.
    I really like sleeping in Cabelas lite silk top and bottoms year round.
    The are cool in summer and keep my gear clean. I always look forward to getting out of my hiking cloths, and taking a wet-one bath then slipping into that cabelas silk for bedtime.

• + New Posts