Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

tarp for a pair of stacked hammocks?

My lady and I have been huddling tightly in single hammocks under a smallish tarp (ENO Pro) between the same trees and while we've manged, it's been tight and frankly we've been lucky with wind direction. Any recommendations for a tarp that'll accommodate a pair of "stacked" hammocks like this?
    Love the idea of door panels and am leaning towards the Warbonnet Superfly at the moment.

Thanks in advance!

Hammock
    Blackbird XL
    Tarp
    UGQ Winter Dream
    Insulation
    HG UQ and TQ
    Suspension
    straps and buckles
    Can't go wrong with that tarp. My wife has one and she loves it. This next weekend we are venturing out for the first time in Chameleons side by side and will use the SF. Good luck.
    “Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?”
    ― Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Hammock
    Dutchware 11' netless
    Tarp
    SLD Trail Haven
    Suspension
    Myerstech dyneema
    I'm not positive the Superfly doors would enclose the bottom hammock as well, but it's certainly a good, large tarp.

If you know how high your top hammock will hang, you could contact Simply Light Designs (Jared), and I know he'll custom make a fantastic tarp that would fit your needs.

I don't know either, but I'm leaning towards fsupaintball with this... I doubt most of the conventional tarps would have the height needed to protect the bottom hammock, and I think it would be very hard to find that height in combination with doors. I would think a custom tarp would be your best bet, and SLD would be a great option for that.

Hammock
    WildernessLogics 12x6
    Tarp
    HG cuben 13ridge12
    Insulation
    TopQuiltUnderQuilt
    Suspension
    S and D

tarp for a pair of stacked hammocks?

Side by side with a Kelty Noah? I've seen some stacked or bunk bed set ups--mainly used for two kids or a parent and kid. Maybe you can make it work. Good luck.

I think I misunderstood your original post--oops
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hammock
    Dutch/SLD/WB/DIY
    Tarp
    DWG/HG/SLD/UGQ/DIY
    Insulation
    Loco Libre Gear
    Suspension
    Dutchware
    A custom or DIY 12' x 18' rectangle tarp made from three 4-yard panels of Dutch Xenon Wide or RBTR Silpoly XL would allow you to pitch it with an 8-foot ridge line height (about as high as a 6-foot dude can comfortably reach on a tree) and an 8-foot transverse stance, staked directly to the ground.
    Smart graphic design for all your needs by BGD

Hammock
    ridgerunner
    Tarp
    superfly
    Suspension
    buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by kitsapcowboy View Post
    A custom or DIY 12' x 18' rectangle tarp made from three 4-yard panels of Dutch Xenon Wide or RBTR Silpoly XL would allow you to pitch it with an 8-foot ridge line height (about as high as a 6-foot dude can comfortably reach on a tree) and an 8-foot transverse stance, staked directly to the ground.
    You've gotten me wanting one now. I might "need" one from SLD..

Hammock
    Dutch Chameleon
    Tarp
    UGQ Winterdream
    Insulation
    0° Zepp/Ren...UGQ
    Suspension
    Dutchware bb sus
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by WebbingSlinger View Post
    My lady and I have been huddling tightly in single hammocks under a smallish tarp (ENO Pro) between the same trees and while we've manged, it's been tight and frankly we've been lucky with wind direction. Any recommendations for a tarp that'll accommodate a pair of "stacked" hammocks like this?
    Love the idea of door panels and am leaning towards the Warbonnet Superfly at the moment.

Thanks in advance!
    Why stack?
    Go side by side with a spreader bar suspension and a wider tarp. Stacked is ok for camping with a kid when the weight disparity is too large for a balanced side-by-side hang, but the disadvantage is that the bottom hammock will always get hit with more side-spray and wind in a storm. Most wider tarps will easily cover a side-by-side setup.

Sent from my SM-T817V using Tapatalk

Hammock
    Dutchware 11' netless
    Tarp
    SLD Trail Haven
    Suspension
    Myerstech dyneema
    Quote Originally Posted by WalksIn2Trees View Post
    Why stack?
    Go side by side with a spreader bar suspension and a wider tarp. Stacked is ok for camping with a kid when the weight disparity is too large for a balanced side-by-side hang, but the disadvantage is that the bottom hammock will always get hit with more side-spray and wind in a storm. Most wider tarps will easily cover a side-by-side setup.

Sent from my SM-T817V using Tapatalk
    That's true, I'll bet he could go side-by-side by adding something like a Beetle Buckle suspension setup with spreader bar and they would probably fit under the Superfly.

I haven't really considered a side by side setup because our current fly couldn't possibly cover that. It's a good idea tho.

That Beetle Buckle suspension looks nice. Infinitely adjustable without dealing with knots, super light, and supports spreader poles. Looks like it'd cost $60-$80 to switch to that suspension.

I think I'll grab a giant tarp, probably either the Superfly or a Winter Haven, and try some different things.

Thanks all :-)

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast