Tarp
    HG cuben w/ doors
    Insulation
    HG Burrow/Phoenix
    Suspension
    kevlar straps

Change the winter topcover fabric

Warbonnet,

Have you guys considered making the BB/XLC winter topcover out of a lighter material and adding a small mesh panel for visibility?

Hammock
    yes please
    Tarp
    HG cuben w/ doors
    Insulation
    HG Burrow/Phoenix
    Suspension
    kevlar straps
    Any ideas on this one?

Hammock
    HG,Dutch,XLC ,RR
    Tarp
    Superfly, AH hex,
    Insulation
    HG, Snugpak, SLD
    Suspension
    Whoopie Ti toggle
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Kroma View Post
    Any ideas on this one?
    Since I didn't order a cover with my XLC and later wanted one, another forum member sent me a spare to try and if it fit to purchase. The zipper ends on the cover and hammock didn't line up so if its zipped together the cover is crooked. To solve that so I could still use the cover I came up with a fix : leaving the netting on, clipped to the shelf /head side pullouts and toggled to the ends of the hammock, I placed the WC on top and toggled it to the hammock as well. Then I clipped it to the 4 mitten hooks with the netting and tied the ribbon of the WC to the ribbon on the shelf side of the XLC. I then put my UQ on , tucked the sides of the WC down into it and set the RL quilt hooks up like normal. Doing all that kept the WC securely on the hammock and tight just as if it were on like normal. Also since the netting was on underneath and attached to the head side pull out, the WC couldn't drape down between the 2 mitten hooks so it created a netting vent from the zipper end to just past the pull out. An added benefit is that since both net and cover are on more heat is trapped inside while allowing all condensation to escape/fresh air to enter right by my head where its needed. From the outside you can't tell that its not zipped on since The end toggles and pullouts keep it taught and in place while the UQ keeps the sides tucked in. From the inside the only places that have a gap in coverage where you can see out are the newly created vent and along the edges of the shelf. Everywhere else stays tucked in and gap free. . If you skip to the 2:55 mark in this vid : https://youtu.be/NYHbmcyP2Ak , I show how its put on. A few other vids on my YT channel show it too. Hope that helps some with wanting vent. Lemme know if you have any questions.
    " The best pace is a suicide pace, and today looks like a good day to die." ~ Steve Prefontaine

Hammock
    yes please
    Tarp
    HG cuben w/ doors
    Insulation
    HG Burrow/Phoenix
    Suspension
    kevlar straps
    Thanks for your story but I'm hoping to find out info from Brandon if they are considering different (lighter) topcover materials in the future

Quote Originally Posted by Chesapeake View Post
    Since I didn't order a cover with my XLC and later wanted one, another forum member sent me a spare to try and if it fit to purchase. The zipper ends on the cover and hammock didn't line up so if its zipped together the cover is crooked. To solve that so I could still use the cover I came up with a fix : leaving the netting on, clipped to the shelf /head side pullouts and toggled to the ends of the hammock, I placed the WC on top and toggled it to the hammock as well. Then I clipped it to the 4 mitten hooks with the netting and tied the ribbon of the WC to the ribbon on the shelf side of the XLC. I then put my UQ on , tucked the sides of the WC down into it and set the RL quilt hooks up like normal. Doing all that kept the WC securely on the hammock and tight just as if it were on like normal. Also since the netting was on underneath and attached to the head side pull out, the WC couldn't drape down between the 2 mitten hooks so it created a netting vent from the zipper end to just past the pull out. An added benefit is that since both net and cover are on more heat is trapped inside while allowing all condensation to escape/fresh air to enter right by my head where its needed. From the outside you can't tell that its not zipped on since The end toggles and pullouts keep it taught and in place while the UQ keeps the sides tucked in. From the inside the only places that have a gap in coverage where you can see out are the newly created vent and along the edges of the shelf. Everywhere else stays tucked in and gap free. . If you skip to the 2:55 mark in this vid : https://youtu.be/NYHbmcyP2Ak , I show how its put on. A few other vids on my YT channel show it too. Hope that helps some with wanting vent. Lemme know if you have any questions.

Hammock
    Chameleon and a Ridge Runner
    Tarp
    UGQ WD 12'
    Insulation
    downy goodness
    Suspension
    cinch buckles
    Images
    according to their IG acct, they are using 1.1 for the top cover now.
    “I am losing precious days. I am degenerating into a machine for making money. I am learning nothing in this trivial world of men. I must break away and get out into the mountains to learn the news”
    ― John Muir

Hammock
    WBBB XCL SL 1.7
    Tarp
    Edge
    Insulation
    Wooki / LocoLibre
    Suspension
    Whoopie
    Having a mesh panel would be nice and allow condensation problems

• + New Posts