Ever since I was able to pick up a Hexon 1.6 chameleon (for my wife) I have been pretty curious as to how the two fabrics compare – and because I’m rich in chameleons at the moment I did just that!

I gathered up my wife and brother, two DW chameleons (one in Hexon 1.0, another in Hexon 1.6), and performed some testing to measure the degree of sag in each hammock and then collected their general thoughts on each hammock fabric, what they liked, etc.

Interestingly, my wife did not sag differently, nor feel differently in the 1.0 vs. the 1.6. This was not the case as my brother and myself (similar in weight) sagged (and felt) noticeably differently in the 1.0 vs. the 1.6. My brother and I both sagged 23% closer to the ground in the 1.0 vs. the 1.6. (8.5 inches from the ground vs. 11 inches from the ground) This might be why I can sleep so much better on my side in this hammock?

You can see how we measured sag, the exact numbers, as well as their thoughts on the two fabrics in the video below.

Anyone else have any experiences comparing the two fabrics?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CwazY0b_yUo