Tarp
    SLD Trail Haven
    Insulation
    HG, WB and WL
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images

Need a pillow suggestion...

Did some searching here on the forums, but didn't find exactly what I'm looking for. I tend to like a "cool" pillow when I sleep and the old Slumberjack brand pillow I use now is a bit on the warm side when camping in 40+ degrees since it's more of a flannel type material. I see a lot of the pillows made by cottage vendors and they look comfy, but I'm afraid the down filling might be too hot? I'm the kind of guy who turns his pillow at home over throughout the night for the cooler side. So all that being said, any recommendations for a pillow in warmer temps? How are the inflatable style pillows? Is the material they're made out of going to be cooler? I thought about just having my wife make one since she enjoys sewing (she's sewing as I type actually), but wasn't sure what I would use for fill and material. Thanks in advance for the input.
    -Jameson
    Proud Member of the North Country Trail Association-Hiawatha Shore to Shore Chapter
    http://www.northcountrytrail.org/

Hammock
    Too many to choose just one
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Hex or WP
    Insulation
    UGQ Bandit 30* or
    Suspension
    Depends on my mood
    I like a cool pillow, too. I hope I can save you some money, because I have purchased about 15 pillows (down, Climashield, inflatable) in search of something that was cool, comfortable and reasonably lightweight and packable.
    It all led me to... a Walmart travel pillow and pillow case that comes with it. It was actually the second pillow I tried in the hammock several years ago. I keep trying t replace it, but to this point, have not been able to find one that works better for me.
    Obviously, YMMV and you will get different opinions, but the WM travel pillow is a cheap place to start.

I use a Mammutt Kompakt pillow I bought with my Kompakt sleeping bag. It provides support more for the neck than the head leading it to.not get too hot too quickly and it adapts well to back or side sleeping.

Sent from my SM-G389F using Tapatalk
    If you don't live life to the limit, how will you know when you overcome your own?

Hammock
    Dutchware 11'
    Tarp
    Kelty Noah 12
    Insulation
    EE Rev 20
    Suspension
    Cinch Buckles
    I live in Florida and use the Nemo fillo. I love it because it has memory foam and is inflatable. I can get he perfect amount of loft whether in the hammy or on the ground. I don't consider it hot but ymmv

Hammock
    Dutch 11ft. Netless
    Tarp
    HG CF/WBSF
    Insulation
    HG 0 Incub./Burrow
    Suspension
    Dutch Beatle Bug
    I like the cocoon travel pillow. its an inflatable, it has two sides one warmer one cooler.
    "These are the voices which we hear in solitude, but they grow faint and inaudible as we enter the world. Society everywhere is in conspiracy against the manhood of everyone of it's members." Ralph Waldo Emerson

I use the Cub Pillow from Arrowhead.
    I like the cord attached to the ridgeline.
    I collect vintage camp stoves.
    I roast coffee at home.

Just a question, not advice, what about an inflatable pillow with a conductive bottom?

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk

Hammock
    Warbonnet RR / BlackbirdXLC
    Tarp
    SimplyLightDesigns
    Insulation
    Lynx / LocoLibre
    Suspension
    webbing/buckles
    Images
    I too use the Nemo Fillo and it has a material side and a slick side. I use the slick side when I'm warm and the material side when I'm cold. I own about a dozen pillows and this is the one I finally settled on.
    https://www.amazon.com/Nemo-NEMO-Equ...eywords=fillow

The Klymit pillow is all a soft plastic material that is one of the cooler pillows I've used as well.
    https://www.amazon.com/Klymit-Pillow...ywords=xpillow

Hammock
    Dangerbird
    Tarp
    Zpacks Cuban
    Insulation
    3S Incubator
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    I got away from inflatables. I now use a neck pillow from Walmart, microbead filling, very comfy and lightweight. There's also the memory foam type if you prefer that. I like the neck pillow because it supports the neck but elevates the head very little, if any. When lying on your back, you can relax your head/neck into the sides of the pillow for support that way. Works well for side sleeping too. They can be had in a variety of cover materials.

I use a thermarest type self inflating cushion as a pillow in the hammock. I don't need much loft and the stiffness helped hold the hammock fabric away from my face. You might find it cooler as you don't sink in the way you do with a fluffy pillow.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast