Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TxAggie View Post
    I got this one on your recommendation, works great! I have a cocoon as well that I now use as my knee pillow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Glad to hear it's working out well for you!

Hammock
    AMOK Draumr 3.0

Stuff: new 9.7oz down jacket [faux GhostWhisperer] and an old [very soft/ single side-seam/ round bottom] OT250 compression sack... use scissors... 40 seconds.
    Yield: 12"x 5"dia/ 10.3oz downy-soft pillow... basically free.
    I left one strap long pending inspiration/determination of attachment for hammock.
    It will stuff down further into the jacket's own stuff sack.... just bigger than a soda can, and I'd carry the jacket anyway.
    >> Onward thru the fog...>>
    Find me on my blog Moosenut Falls https://moosenutfalls.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Big Flounder View Post
    Did some searching here on the forums, but didn't find exactly what I'm looking for. I tend to like a "cool" pillow when I sleep and the old Slumberjack brand pillow I use now is a bit on the warm side when camping in 40+ degrees since it's more of a flannel type material. I see a lot of the pillows made by cottage vendors and they look comfy, but I'm afraid the down filling might be too hot Cow Squishmallows? I'm the kind of guy who turns his pillow at home over throughout the night for the cooler side. So all that being said, any recommendations for a pillow in warmer temps? How are the inflatable style pillows? Is the material they're made out of going to be cooler? I thought about just having my wife make one since she enjoys sewing (she's sewing as I type actually), but wasn't sure what I would use for fill and material. Thanks in advance for the input.
    I ve been looking for a pillow for a while but cant really go in store and sctually try them. I prefer something medium firm that doesn't collapse under my head and also I am a hot head. Had a foam pillow with cooler mat and would wake with sweaty face at night. Thanks!

Hammock
    DW Chameleon, WB Eldorado
    Tarp
    Thunder/Superfly
    Insulation
    HG 20/40
    Suspension
    DW Beetle Buckles
    Maybe an inflatable and add a small silk pillow case? I use a Nemo Fillo which is combo inflatable/foam pillow with a removable cover. I don't recall getting sweaty with it, ymmv.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    HG DCF std w/doors
    Insulation
    WM TQ, UGQ UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Images
    I also am a sucker for a cool pillow. I have tried many pillows for hammocking and have landed on two that I rotate between, depending on the hammock. For gathered-ends, I use an Arrowhead Equipment Cub pillow because it fits under my neck. For bridge or 90-degree hammocks, I use the Nemo Fillo because it's mad comfy.

Another suggestion is to cover the pillow with some kind of high thread count material. That seems to give me the "feeling" of being cooler, for whatever reason. I am using a merino wool neck gaiter as my pillowcase.
    Iceman857

"An optimist is a man who plants two acorns and buys a hammock" - Jean de Lattre de Tassigny (French Army General in WWII)

Hammock
    WB Eldorado/DIY
    Tarp
    WB MiniFly/DIY 12'
    Insulation
    WB Wooki/HG Burrow
    Suspension
    DW Spider/Beetle
    I took a (small) chance with getting the "free" inflatable pillow from Outdoor Vitals. For me, it's been perfect. I usually don't use a cover with it, but once in a while I will slip a nylon buff over it for kicks.

EDIT: It's the Outdoor Vitals Ultralight Stretch Pillow. I think it was free with $6.50 or so shipping through a special offer they had blasted out.

Hammock
    Bonefire Whisper
    Tarp
    HG DCF Hex
    Insulation
    Sheltowee JRB SS
    Suspension
    Bonefire
    Nemo Fillo Elite. 3oz

Retired both my SLD and my other Nemo Fillo. It's a little smaller, different materials, and paper light. Packs down to about the size of a pair of socks.
    Signature suspended

Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    HG DCF std w/doors
    Insulation
    WM TQ, UGQ UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazytown3 View Post
    It's the Outdoor Vitals Ultralight Stretch Pillow.
    If I hear that advertisement from Tayson on YouTube one more time, I may have to force myself to learn how to tell YouTube I'm tired of seeing that one.
    Iceman857

"An optimist is a man who plants two acorns and buys a hammock" - Jean de Lattre de Tassigny (French Army General in WWII)

Hammock
    WB Eldorado/DIY
    Tarp
    WB MiniFly/DIY 12'
    Insulation
    WB Wooki/HG Burrow
    Suspension
    DW Spider/Beetle
    Quote Originally Posted by iceman857 View Post
    If I hear that advertisement from Tayson on YouTube one more time, I may have to force myself to learn how to tell YouTube I'm tired of seeing that one.
    Haha, I had seen it so many times it finally wore me down. Funny enough, now I no longer see it, or any of their ads.

Hammock
    WB RR
    Tarp
    Mamajamba
    Insulation
    WB Lynx
    Suspension
    Webbing
    Years ago, I bought a Thermorest camp-size down pillow. it's got a compression string around the perimeter so you can pull it tight and compress it. It's about the same size as the Outdoor Vitals Ultralight Stretch Pillow. I'm not sure they make them any more. I ended up adding some down to it for some additional loft. I use it for my gathered end hammock.

• + New Posts
  • Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast