WBBB XLC UL DL
    Tarp
    WB Thunderfly
    Insulation
    Wooki, UGQ
    Suspension
    Becket straps
    Images
    I got one similarly. it was pretty funny. One time I followed the link and then I started thinking more and decided 'never mind'. Next time I was on youtube I got a different video that said 'we saw you went to our page but did not get the pillow...'. Which was kind of creepy. But I did spend more time investigating outdoor vitals and ended up getting the pillow. And I have used it ever since. Way better than my thermarest pillow I had before.

My partner recently got me a Thermarest Stuff Sack Pillow. I have not tried it out yet, but it might be OK. Weight wise, it will be slightly lighter than the Outdoor Vitals pillow (if I combine the weight of the sil stuff sack I use for my clothes and the weight of the OV pillow vs. just the stuff sack pillow). But is it about an oz.

I have also tried a 'non-inflatable' Teton camp pillow (impulse buy). That I do not care for, though my partner prefers it. I don't like it for the same reason I am leery of the stuff sack pillow. I put almost no air in the pillow and if I am on my back I just push it off to the side. I want maybe an inch of support when on my side. With the OV pillow, the air inlet (egress, port, opening, whatever it is called), is super easy to add or remove air to tweak the fill to just what I want.

Though now I feel guilty about taking their 'free' pillow and not buying anything else from them. I always look, but they are somewhere between budget and premium. But much closer to the premium price. So I always end up going with someone like Warbonnet.

Hammock
    WB Eldorado/DIY
    Tarp
    WB MiniFly/DIY 12'
    Insulation
    WB Wooki/HG Burrow
    Suspension
    DW Spider/Beetle
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean McC View Post
    I got one similarly. it was pretty funny. One time I followed the link and then I started thinking more and decided 'never mind'. Next time I was on youtube I got a different video that said 'we saw you went to our page but did not get the pillow...'. Which was kind of creepy. But I did spend more time investigating outdoor vitals and ended up getting the pillow. And I have used it ever since. Way better than my thermarest pillow I had before.

My partner recently got me a Thermarest Stuff Sack Pillow. I have not tried it out yet, but it might be OK. Weight wise, it will be slightly lighter than the Outdoor Vitals pillow (if I combine the weight of the sil stuff sack I use for my clothes and the weight of the OV pillow vs. just the stuff sack pillow). But is it about an oz.

I have also tried a 'non-inflatable' Teton camp pillow (impulse buy). That I do not care for, though my partner prefers it. I don't like it for the same reason I am leery of the stuff sack pillow. I put almost no air in the pillow and if I am on my back I just push it off to the side. I want maybe an inch of support when on my side. With the OV pillow, the air inlet (egress, port, opening, whatever it is called), is super easy to add or remove air to tweak the fill to just what I want.

Though now I feel guilty about taking their 'free' pillow and not buying anything else from them. I always look, but they are somewhere between budget and premium. But much closer to the premium price. So I always end up going with someone like Warbonnet.
    Absolutely agree with all that. I wasn't expecting much at all from the OV pillow, but I I was really surprised at how much I like it. I'm a fulltime hanger, and I use it every night. Super easy to dial in the right "float". When I pack things up for a trip, I just deflate it and leave it in my Eldorado, pack it all up together. Really easy to wash up too; just hand scrub it with a little dishsoap and hang to dry. If I ever need to replace it, I will just get the same thing again.

Hammock
    Juniper Custom
    Tarp
    HG DCFF w/doors
    Insulation
    etherial0's hg20's
    Suspension
    Tree straps
    I swapped out a pillow in my kit for a Lighthart Gear hoodie, I use it as a pillow at nite and use it in the cool mornings.
    “ Do not correct a fool or he will hate you, correct a wise man and he will appreciate you.”
    ~ Bruce Lee

I've tried the inflatable pillows and just couldn't get past the feeling of lying on a pool raft. If it's Winter and I'm car camping, I tend to use the Thermarest compressible pillow (made from plugs from mattress construction). If I'm backpacking, I often use the cub pillow from Arrowhead equipment. I often insert it inside a down pillow sleeve from Goosefeet gear.

Hammock
    Bonefire Whisper
    Tarp
    HG DCF Hex
    Insulation
    Sheltowee JRB SS
    Suspension
    Bonefire
    Quote Originally Posted by T- Minus View Post
    I swapped out a pillow in my kit for a Lighthart Gear hoodie, I use it as a pillow at nite and use it in the cool mornings.
    I have one of those. Spends too much time in the footbox to be any help on the other end.
    Signature suspended

Hammock
    Double Dutch
    Tarp
    OneTigris hot tent
    Insulation
    HG burrow/incubato
    Suspension
    beetle buckles
    Images
    There is a pillow that REI has called the cocoon. It was recommended by a friend and is very compact and comfortable.

Hammock
    SLD Trail Lair
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    HG UQ/UGQ TQ 20°
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    i, too, got the “free” OV pillow. it’s not bad. i’ve used it more as lumbar support while driving and as a knee pillow than under my head, though. i’ve actually used the tiny stuff sack it comes in more! i hang it from my ridgeline and put my phone and such in it while i sleep.
    i wish it had a loop to attach a cord, and i wish it didn’t feel like a pool float (as was said earlier.) but hey, for $7, it’s pretty great!

• + New Posts
  • Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345