Hammock
    Chameleon
    Tarp
    Winter Palace
    Insulation
    LLG, HG, EE
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles

Has anyone used a Simply Light Designs Hammock/Quilt Catch-All Sack?

I came across these on the Simply Light Designs website: http://www.simplylightdesigns.com/ca...roducts_id/552 and I was wondering if anyone has any experience with it? I searched on here and on YouTube, but couldn't find anything. I would be interested in seeing pictures or videos of this in use.

I'm not sure I would actually go with this method, but it is tempting to be able to just roll everything up when backpacking... breaking everything down individually does take up some time. But my hammock, UQ, and sleeping bag all go in the bottom of my pack in a compactor bag anyway, so the placement wouldn't change. I wonder if this would take up more space than individual items in sacks?

Any thoughts/experience appreciated!

Hammock
    Towns-End
    Tarp
    WB, Towns-End, UGQ
    Insulation
    LSOH, JRB, UGQ
    Suspension
    Straps & Buckles
    Images
    I'd be interested in this as well. I use a Trail Lair to sleep in and know his quality is second to none. If this works well it would save a lot of setup and take down time.

I made a large double ended stuff-sack. At both ends the tarp tie outs protrude so that if it's raining I can set that up first and then start emptying the sack accordingly (hammock, UQ, TQ etc.)

Sent from my SM-G389F using Tapatalk
    If you don't live life to the limit, how will you know when you overcome your own?

Hammock
    DIY 12ft HyperD 1.6SL
    Tarp
    The Stingray DIY
    Insulation
    Incubator/Gemini
    Suspension
    UCRWhoopieCinch
    I made a double end stuff sack as well. Works like a charm.

It makes setup and takedown so easy.

At this point, I can fit the CDT Topquilt, CDT Underquilt, a baby/gear/chair hammock, a diy pillow, an underquilt protector, the hammock, and all suspension in the sack. If the suspension is wet, I just leave it out of ends of the sack and when I roll down my compactor bag, they stay on top.

My setup wasn't so much a tube, but I prefer the size and function of this lazy slug stuff sack.

https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/...ight=lazy+slug

Sorry, I know this doesn't help answer the question about the Simply Light product, but just to provide some general experience/satisfaction with the lazy slug tube/sack concept.
    Last edited by Cabmanhang; 06-13-2017 at 09:56.
    "If we lose the forests, we lose our only instructors. People must see these forests and wilderness as the greatest educational system that we have on the planet. If we lose all the universities in the world, then we would lose nothing. But If we lose the forests, we lose everything." -- Bill Mollison

I just had this catch-all in my cart last night but did not end up buying it. Like others I think I would like to have more of a stuff sack style vs the 96" long tube. I do think it would be great to have a pocket at each end for my 15' straps so they dont have to go into my bag or stuff sack as they offten have some sap on them.
    Sadly I dont sew so it maybe a pipe dream though.

Hammock
    Warbonnet RR / BlackbirdXLC
    Tarp
    SimplyLightDesigns
    Insulation
    Lynx / LocoLibre
    Suspension
    webbing/buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BMathews View Post
    I just had this catch-all in my cart last night but did not end up buying it. Like others I think I would like to have more of a stuff sack style vs the 96" long tube. I do think it would be great to have a pocket at each end for my 15' straps so they dont have to go into my bag or stuff sack as they offten have some sap on them.
    Sadly I dont sew so it maybe a pipe dream though.
    I used these from ArrowHead Equipment and they are too expensive for my straps on all my hammocks as I do not sew either.
    http://www.arrowhead-equipment.com/s.../Sap_Sack.html

Interesting concept...I could see using this for my winter kit when I'm using the pulk. Jared makes great gear so I'm sure the quality is top notch.

Sent from my LG-H740 using Tapatalk

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by souperjen24 View Post
    I came across these on the Simply Light Designs website: http://www.simplylightdesigns.com/ca...roducts_id/552 and I was wondering if anyone has any experience with it? I searched on here and on YouTube, but couldn't find anything. I would be interested in seeing pictures or videos of this in use.

I'm not sure I would actually go with this method, but it is tempting to be able to just roll everything up when backpacking... breaking everything down individually does take up some time. But my hammock, UQ, and sleeping bag all go in the bottom of my pack in a compactor bag anyway, so the placement wouldn't change. I wonder if this would take up more space than individual items in sacks?

Any thoughts/experience appreciated!
    A few years back I experimented with a very large double ended all-in-one stuff sack for hammock, quilts, pillow and sleep wear. No tarp for obvious reasons.
    I found it very slow going trying to get all the air out when packing up. It bothered me enough I went back to individual stuff sacks. I would think the SLD stuff sack would have similar issues.

I would think if you aren't going for waterproof a fishnet material would be much better than ripstop nylon.
    11021667663_704a004a30_n.jpg
    Last edited by OutandBack; 06-13-2017 at 15:07.

Quote Originally Posted by TrailSlug View Post
    I used these from ArrowHead Equipment and they are too expensive for my straps on all my hammocks as I do not sew either.
    http://www.arrowhead-equipment.com/s.../Sap_Sack.html
    Those look good thanks. Cant beat the price either

This is what my setup looks like. If I need to pack up in the rain I can always unpack at home and set my thinga to dry then. (And protect my gear from the downpour by keeping the tarp up as long as possible)

Home made with an old paracord bracelet

Sent from my SM-G389F using Tapatalk
    If you don't live life to the limit, how will you know when you overcome your own?

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast