Tarp
    Macat Ultra,UGQ WD
    Insulation
    Incubator/Pea Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopies/Dutchware
    Images

Hootenanny was a Hoot!

What a great weekend! Everyone rolling in Friday kept all of us busy until Science Gal had the BBQ all ready that she had been smoking all day. The dinner was absolutely marvelous Science Gal! Saturday was super fun with all the hikes and rafting & kayak trips, then back to camp for a very nice raffle. Thanks to all the members who brought such nice things, but especially to all the vendors who gave wonderful donations for prizes! Attending were Papa & Mama Smurf from Dream Hammocks, Paul & Missy from Underground Quilts, Brother Bones from Bonefire Gear, MacEntire from Molly Mac Gear and Dutch! Also we had donations from Butt in a Sling, Jacks R Better, Hammock Specialties 2Q-ZQ, Hammock Gear and even a T-Shirt from Shug, Hickery sent it!
    The food was magnificent and there was so much! Thanks to all who brought dishes and cooked right there like Ice who made Rosin Potatoes and Rockdawg and others who kept the Dutch ovens and charcoal going!
    My neighbors, The Mitten Family Bluegrass Band stopped by to pick a little on the porch and that simply made the evening complete!
    I stayed an extra night with WV, Old Gringo and Jres Sunday and into Monday. We went hiking all day Sunday and then had some quiet time around the fire Sunday night. That was really good and I needed the wind down time with good old friends. I can't tell you how nice it was to see so many of my friends all together right here in my home town. And yes we are doing it again next year and it's already paid for and booked for the same time from the money that was raised from the raffle.
    From Donations ahead of time and raffle combined there was $1660. raised
    Money Spent
    800 for this year and next year camping fee
    100 for hang expenses
    760 donated to Farm.
    The money donated to the farm will be used for a handicap ramp for the Bathhouse and for exhaust fans for both bathrooms. Also if there is enough money left over they are discussing posts strategically placed in sites for more hammock friendly spaces!

My pics are here:
    https://goo.gl/photos/hLXFuxzjqMqAikk16
    Last edited by L.D. Cakes; 06-13-2017 at 18:49.
    Hootenanny Hang June 11-13, 2021
    Love many, trust few & always paddle your own canoe. American Proverb

Adventure is Calling... nolilearn.org

Hammock
    DIY
    Images
    This was the best hammock gathering I can recall. Highlights for me were the music, opportunities to hike parts of the AT I hadn't seen (Roan Mt. on Saturday and Laurel Falls on Sunday), the quality of the hammocks on display (Dutch and Papa Smurf outdid themselves, and I got to see Second Mouse's bridge from Just Bill - phenomenal!). Then there was the food, and the people. I'm not going to name all the old friends and new ones that enriched my weekend. Just, thank you.

Hammock
    SuperiorGear or Dutch netless
    Tarp
    custom pentagon
    Insulation
    down hammock or UQ
    Suspension
    Dutch Mantis
    Images
    Many highlights, but one of them was WV's stuff. Five different bridge hammocks to try out, all with a little something different. No company, just passion for hammock innovation. And obviously a keen appreciation for others' innovation - that Just Bill bridge was a dandy! Just one thing WV... next time, fill up the tank, ok?!?

And Brother Bones, oh my... insulated hammock that is near perfection, integrated tarp/hammock suspension, and backpacks with ways to carry bear cannisters and still be U/L. Just stellar. Good chili, too!

Moonbear, OMG, as a child I remember corn that we got while driving to the lakehouse from a farm in middle Ga... you brought back those memories for me, thank you. Lots of food highlights, but this corn grilled in the husk over the fire was da bomb for me. No butter, no salt & pepper, just awesome naked flavor!

And I loved, loved, being able to see some Outdoor Ink stuff up close. Thanks to Papa Smurf and UQG for having this stuff on display. Unfortunately, none of my 5 tickets were winners, but really, its not like I need any more stuff... just really wanted it!

LDC... girl, you rock! This was such an excellent hang that the poor BB Farm is going to have their work cut out for them to make more excellent sites to handle the momentum for next year's hang!! Going to keep that ATV busy! Very much enjoyed my Mossy Cove site, can't wait to return. Might have to come join the Perseids gathering in August. Oh, and your neighbors are way talented, very much enjoyed the bluegrass.

Thanks to Dutch for making this late riser breakfast on Sunday, and Old Gringo for being our local Starbucks. Basically, thanks to everyone, especially the hosts, for making this such a great outing!

p.s. hope to get some pics loaded soon
    "I wonder if anyone else has an ear so tuned and sharpened as I have, to detect the music, not of the spheres, but of earth, subtleties of major and minor chord that the wind strikes upon the tree branches. Have you ever heard the earth breathe... ?"
    - Kate Chopin

Hammock
    My own design
    Tarp
    Made myself
    Insulation
    The one I made
    Suspension
    Yup, made ‘em
    Images
    My mind is still blown by potatoes boiled in pine rosin, and I really enjoyed sleeping next to the stream. It was a great weekend and I thoroughly enjoyed my visit to east Tennessee. Thanks Deb for all your effort and organizing. It was nice to meet everyone and hang out. A few of my snapshots...

I sew things on youtube.
    I don’t sew on commission, so please don’t ask. Thanks.

Hammock
    DIY Double Layer
    Tarp
    DIY Ultralight Hex
    Insulation
    HG Burrow/Phoenix
    Suspension
    DIY whoopies
    Images
    I know this was my first hammock hang, but this one is going to be hard to top. My son and I both had an amazing time. Thank you to our hosts for their incredible hospitality and to LD Cakes for being the best organizer of lolligaggers I've ever seen...seriously! Loved the event and meeting all of you. It was truly a refreshing time with lots of new friends! Here are a few pics...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If you can't laugh at yourself don't worry about it...someone will come along to help you out!

Hammock
    Custom Gathered End
    Tarp
    Macat Ultra,UGQ WD
    Insulation
    Incubator/Pea Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopies/Dutchware
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by dakotaross View Post

LDC... girl, you rock! This was such an excellent hang that the poor BB Farm is going to have their work cut out for them to make more excellent sites to handle the momentum for next year's hang!! Going to keep that ATV busy! Very much enjoyed my Mossy Cove site, can't wait to return. Might have to come join the Perseids gathering in August. Oh, and your neighbors are way talented, very much enjoyed the bluegrass.
    I've already heard about plans to make hammock exclusive sites for the future from the staff! And I really hope to see you in August for the Perseids Gathering.

PS:
    I moved my rig up to the Mossy Cove site on Sunday night just for the beauty of the site and quiet up there. I slept like a baby!
    Last edited by L.D. Cakes; 06-13-2017 at 07:18.

Hammock
    Custom Gathered End
    Tarp
    Macat Ultra,UGQ WD
    Insulation
    Incubator/Pea Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopies/Dutchware
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jellyfish View Post
    My mind is still blown by potatoes boiled in pine rosin, and I really enjoyed sleeping next to the stream. It was a great weekend and I thoroughly enjoyed my visit to east Tennessee. Thanks Deb for all your effort and organizing. It was nice to meet everyone and hang out. A few of my snapshots...

I'm glad someone got a pic of that potato rig, I missed it but got to eat one and it was delicious! You had a sweet spot to hang too Jellyfish.

Hammock
    Custom Gathered End
    Tarp
    Macat Ultra,UGQ WD
    Insulation
    Incubator/Pea Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopies/Dutchware
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Fujibilly View Post
    I know this was my first hammock hang, but this one is going to be hard to top. My son and I both had an amazing time. Thank you to our hosts for their incredible hospitality and to LD Cakes for being the best organizer of lolligaggers I've ever seen...seriously! Loved the event and meeting all of you. It was truly a refreshing time with lots of new friends! Here are a few pics...

Great pics and it looks like your boy had a grand time! Thank you so much for bringing all those drinks, no one went thirsty at all!!Also it was good to meet you and hope to see ya at another function soon in the area since we're neighbors! Anytime ya wanna try kayaking let me know because I am a trip coordinator for a local paddling club and can hook you up!

Hammock
    DIY Double Layer
    Tarp
    DIY Ultralight Hex
    Insulation
    HG Burrow/Phoenix
    Suspension
    DIY whoopies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by L.D. Cakes View Post
    Great pics and it looks like your boy had a grand time! Thank you so much for bringing all those drinks, no one went thirsty at all!!Also it was good to meet you and hope to see ya at another function soon in the area since we're neighbors! Anytime ya wanna try kayaking let me know because I am a trip coordinator for a local paddling club and can hook you up!
    I'll definitely take you up on that!! Thanks again!!

If you can't laugh at yourself don't worry about it...someone will come along to help you out!

Hammock
    Molly Mac Gear
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by L.D. Cakes View Post
    Thanks to all the members who brought such nice things, but especially to all the vendors who gave wonderful donations for prizes! Attending were Papa & Mama Smurf from Dream Hammocks, Paul & Missy from Underground Quilts, Brother Bones from Bonefire Gear and Dutch!
    Molly Mac Gear attended (yours truly) and donated two Gear Boxes, so that "Nothing but the soles of your shoes touches the ground!"
    - MacEntyre
    "We must, indeed, all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately." - Ben Franklin
    www.MollyMacGear.com

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast