WBBB 1.7 dbl & XLC
    Tarp
    Big MJ & Superfly
    Insulation
    Yeti & 2 Wookies
    Suspension
    Stock straps
    Images
    Check out "The Bruneau Stallion" by Baxter Black. It's a neat song about a horse.
    T

Hammock
    Dutch/SLD/WB/DIY
    Tarp
    DWG/HG/SLD/UGQ/DIY
    Insulation
    Loco Libre Gear
    Suspension
    Dutchware
    Quote Originally Posted by IRONFISH45 View Post
    I emailed Arrowhead about the full length UQ for the RR. I was told it is not in production yet and not expected to be until more research/testing. Arrowhead scoffed at my interest this time of the year. However, I use a full UQ year around, I rarely Hang where it is warm enough to go without a UQ. I could always vent if the need arose, so far in 14 years of Hanging, I have never had my back side too warm...
    Try not to take it too hard, IRONFISH45. I too found out first-hand that Paul can be quite blunt when rejecting an e-mail request that asks for something that doesn't follow his product development timeline, fit well within his line of goods, or mesh well with his specific business model. Paul is a busy man and the head of a company -- AHE is not really a cottage vendor, after all, is it? -- and he still took the time to reject your request personally, which seems oddly commendable. There's even an item on the AHE website where for $10,000 Paul will come to your house and reject your request in person...

http://www.arrowhead-equipment.com/s..._Delivery.html

...So I hope you can take it light. I think Paul does. He clearly has a plan and seems intent on following it. At least it includes eventually offering exactly what you want.

On the bright side, given that the development schedule for a 4-season quilt seems immutable, in the interim you could always DIY a reasonable facsimile of this underquilt that meets your specifications. This thread and the AHE website provide you with pretty much all the information you need to make an adequate one yourself, and, if and when Paul sees fit to introduce a 4S version of his quilt, you can consider his if you still want it.

Your other clear option would be to buy a 3S version of his full-length quilt and then stack it with a 1-season AHE Jarbidge River or (better) your own DIY supplement; Paul's AHE factory quilt will have already taken care of the hard part with the fit and suspension, so your DIY supplement made out inexpensive CS 2.5 could literally piggyback onto his 3S quilt as a booster, removable when it wasn't needed. There's always a way.

HTH.

Quote Originally Posted by pgibson View Post
    This quilt uses a new internal tensioning system that pulls on all 4 of the cat cut edges, drawing them inward to the hammock to get a good edge seal from quilt to hammock. The tensioning system is so proactive then when the quilt is not attached to the hammock it resembles a pill bug half rolled. So when the hammock is unoccupied the quilt will pull up on the ends...
    This sounds like elven magic. Have any additional photographs or further details on this quilt and/or its internal tensioning system?
    Last edited by kitsapcowboy; 06-22-2017 at 07:18.
    Smart graphic design for all your needs by BGD

Hammock
    Towns-End
    Tarp
    WB, Towns-End, UGQ
    Insulation
    LSOH, JRB, UGQ
    Suspension
    Straps & Buckles
    Images
    I finally pulled the trigger on a new ridgerunner yesterday. Looking forward to seeing This new quilt hit the market!

This quilt is on the market now! And on sale! Order placed.

Hammock
    SLD Trail Lair
    Tarp
    Cloudburst
    Insulation
    CRO Up Wide
    Suspension
    Webbing/Buckles
    I have both the one season and three season and love 'em. Please let us know when the 4 season model is available. Thank you!

Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridgerunner DL
    Tarp
    DD 3x3
    Insulation
    Klymit Pad/EE TQ
    Suspension
    web and buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by KSC View Post
    Paul is correct the end of the quilt is right at the foot seam. If your feet extend beyond that seam they will be off the quilt. If the quilt extended past that seam I don't think it would seal up properly.
    I don't know why I didn't notice this post until just now (also Pauls post above).
    Thanks for the additional information about the length. It appears that Paul designed the quilt to fit the hammock completely - if I fit in the hammock (I do) then the quilt should give me full coverage end to end.
    "...With saddle and pack, by paddle and track, let's go to the land of beyond."

Hammock
    SLD SL, WBBB XLC, TTTG
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    AHE, HG
    Suspension
    Various
    Quote Originally Posted by Passinthru View Post
    I don't know why I didn't notice this post until just now (also Pauls post above).
    Thanks for the additional information about the length. It appears that Paul designed the quilt to fit the hammock completely - if I fit in the hammock (I do) then the quilt should give me full coverage end to end.
    It should work perfect for you.

I still haven't had a chance to test this quilt on a cool night. I think the lowest I've been is 41*F. It is predicted to get colder next week and maybe I can give it a real test.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    Down
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    I Purchased the Ridge Creek XL 3S to complement my Ridge Creek 3S. Hopefully using both should get me down to the 20 to 0 range. Paul said to use the RC XL next to hammock so there are no gaps and the RC on the outside. Can't wait to try them out.
    Last edited by electbc; 11-02-2017 at 11:48.

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    Silpoly Cloudburst
    Insulation
    Mamba/Lynx
    Suspension
    Webbing/buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by electbc View Post
    I Purchased the Ridge Creek XL 3S to complement my Ridge Creek 3S. Hopefully using both should get me down to the 20 to 0 range. Paul said to use the RC XL next to hammock so there are no gaps and the RC on the outside. Can't wait to try them out.
    I stacked 2 3S quilts on my RR in that fashion and was comfortable at -15. You'll have no problems getting below 20*.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    Down
    Suspension
    Whoopies

Thumbs up Passed the teen test.

Quote Originally Posted by JoshandBaron View Post
    I stacked 2 3S quilts on my RR in that fashion and was comfortable at -15. You'll have no problems getting below 20*.
    I recently purchased the RC XL 3S to complement my RC 3S. I had the perfect opportunity to test them out this past weekend. I had to drive up to Vermont to help out at a ski club work weekend. I brought my Hammock along. The temperatures were in the teens all day Saturday as we worked outside. After the chores were done, I drove up to the state park and scouted out some trees to hang from and found some nice ones not too far from the parking lot. It was the first day of rifle season but I saw no hunters in this area so I figured I was fairly safe.
    After dinner I told the other club members of my intention of sleeping outside tonight, you can imagine their reaction. I actually had to leave my cell phone number and next of kin info in case a bear got to me. I believe they were worrying more than my wife. I explained that I needed to try out some new gear when I had a nice warm shelter a few minutes away instead of an hour away. I got permission as they were playing Cards Against Humanity, so I went out into the cold.
    I layered the two quilts with the long one against the hammock and the short one on the outside, I also had a poncho liner inside the sleeve. There was no wind and no precipitation forecast so it was just the hammock under the stars.
    I also purchased a zero degree down top quilt and a 40 degree synthetic top quilt. At first I used both tops and was very warm. After a restroom break in the middle of the night, I just tried the zero degree without the forty, and was just comfortable, not toasty with this setup. Anyway this is about the Ridge Creeks.
    My bottom was not cold at all with both RC 3S, long, and short (with poncho liner in sleeve). I don't know how low it got but it had to be in the 10 to 13 range.
    Bottom line is that both RC quilts passed the cold test but I would look to add a layer for sub zero conditions. I have a wool blanket which I would slide into the sleeve instead of the poncho liner in sub zero or windy conditions, before I go out and add to the UQ collection.

• + New Posts
  • Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234