Hammock
    SLD SL, WBBB XLC, TTTG
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    AHE, HG
    Suspension
    Various
    I'm not sure about venting. I haven't spent a night in this hammock or quilt. I'm planning to vent the top quilt and hope that's enough. I will know more after I use the system a little bit. I know around here in the summer it's usually in the low 50's or lower at night so I don't think much venting is going to be necessary.

Hammock
    Depends on the day
    Tarp
    HG Hex, WBSF, WLTP
    Insulation
    HG UQ / UDQ TQ
    Suspension
    Dyneema Straps
    I'd be potentially interested in one of these quilts as well. I have the Ridgecreek and it works great, be nice not to need a small pad in the foot box.

Hammock
    Thunderbird, Cameleon, XLC
    Tarp
    SuperFly
    Insulation
    Zeppelin, Flight J
    Suspension
    Whoops
    Thanks KSC for the pics. Glad to see you got your RidgeRunner, I think you'll enjoy that setup with Paul's new quilt. My wife always thinks red is the way to go. Which means I'll probably have to order one down the road.

Have fun!

Hammock
    SLD SL, WBBB XLC, TTTG
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    AHE, HG
    Suspension
    Various
    Quote Originally Posted by Winged Warrior View Post
    Thanks KSC for the pics. Glad to see you got your RidgeRunner, I think you'll enjoy that setup with Paul's new quilt. My wife always thinks red is the way to go. Which means I'll probably have to order one down the road.

Have fun!
    Slept in the Ridgerunner with the full length quilt for the first time on a back packing trip Saturday night. It was great! The hammock was very comfortable and the quilt was warm. Not a great test as the temperature only got down to 43*F. There is no fiddling with this quilt. Just clip it on and go to sleep. I like that. Here is a picture

Hammock
    Simply Light Designs Trail Lair
    Tarp
    Warbonnet SuperFly
    Insulation
    AHE TQ / KAQ UQ
    Suspension
    Beetles / Straps
    Fantastic!! Thanks so much for sharing the photo.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridgerunner DL
    Tarp
    DD 3x3
    Insulation
    Klymit Pad/EE TQ
    Suspension
    web and buckles
    I think the picture will swing my decision in favor of the 3/4 length. It appears that at the head end the quilt fits all the way to the end of the hammock bed. At the foot end the quilt comes up several inches short of the bed. That design is probably necessary to allow some room for shock cord attachment to pull the quilt snug.
    At 6'4" tall I fill the RR from end to end. A quilt that is a few inches short would require an additional pad to keep my feet warm. If I have to carry a pad anyway I will probably just go with the shorter quilt.

Quote Originally Posted by KSC View Post
    Slept in the Ridgerunner with the full length quilt for the first time on a back packing trip Saturday night. It was great! The hammock was very comfortable and the quilt was warm. Not a great test as the temperature only got down to 43*F. There is no fiddling with this quilt. Just clip it on and go to sleep. I like that. Here is a picture

"...With saddle and pack, by paddle and track, let's go to the land of beyond."

Banned
    Hammock
    Sold
    Insulation
    Varies
    Suspension
    Depends
    I emailed Arrowhead about the full length UQ for the RR. I was told it is not in production yet and not expected to be until more research/testing. Arrowhead scoffed at my interest this time of the year. However, I use a full UQ year around, I rarely Hang where it is warm enough to go without a UQ. I could always vent if the need arose, so far in 14 years of Hanging, I have never had my back side too warm. I have had the bug net be a problem on a hot humid night with no air circulation. Even though it was hot, sticky the moisture coming up from the ground was enough to act like a swamp cooler.

Hammock
    AHE 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    AHE Shangi La
    Insulation
    KAQ Prototype
    Suspension
    AHE Whoopie Slings
    IronFish no scoffing at all, just said that we did not have more details that you were asking for. We fully intend to release the full length version in 1 and 3 season variations soon. I mentioned that we did not have a solid plan yet on 4 season version as it would need more though testing in appropriate (4 season) conditions and that we can't do that testing when it's 100° out side. But we will do that testing this coming fall and winter to determine if we can do a 4 season version that we are happy with and will preform to our standards.

Regarding the length of the quilt. It's hard to see from the angle but just like our Ridge Creek the quilt ends at the neck line...just below the head shelf of the RR. It comes down from there to the foot end and when loaded with a body will straiten out and come very close to the foot seam of the end cap on the RR. This quilt uses a new internal tensioning system that pulls on all 4 of the cat cut edges, drawing them inward to the hammock to get a good edge seal from quilt to hammock. The tensioning system is so proactive then when the quilt is not attached to the hammock it resembles a pill bug half rolled. So when the hammock is unoccupied the quilt will pull up on the ends. Comparing to a full length Lynx we actually are a few inches longer. KSC is 6'2" so very close to the same height and we can see if he has any more feed back on length.
    Arrowhead Equipment -- For all your hammock camping and backpacking gear
    Arrowhead-Equipment.com Visit AHE on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Check out pictures on Instagram

Hammock
    Simply Light Designs Trail Lair
    Tarp
    Warbonnet SuperFly
    Insulation
    AHE TQ / KAQ UQ
    Suspension
    Beetles / Straps
    Can't wait to nab a 3S full length version when they are released.

Hammock
    SLD SL, WBBB XLC, TTTG
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    AHE, HG
    Suspension
    Various
    Paul is correct the end of the quilt is right at the foot seam. If your feet extend beyond that seam they will be off the quilt. If the quilt extended past that seam I don't think it would seal up properly.

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast