Simple half hitch knot

Not a double, triple, etc. lol I would like a video of a simple knot to tie a tarp to a tree video? I have a eno hammock already with lines.

A video would be nice.

Hammock
    1.7SL WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    HG 20° TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    Spiders/Hooks
    When in doubt, watch Shug videos. The timber hitch is about as simple as it gets. See 3:00.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJLBHEGQFwk

Hammock
    WildernessLogics 12x6
    Tarp
    HG cuben 13ridge12
    Insulation
    TopQuiltUnderQuilt
    Suspension
    S and D

Simple half hitch knot

You might like Siberian Hitch for a first tree knot. I have had two problems with Siberian Hitch--and both are easily corrected by doing the same thing.
    First problem: when pulling tag end of cord to untie--the slipped loop jams--you might see the bight twist a bit and curl over.
    Problem two: sometimes I fail to tighten hitch or the wind loosens hitch.
    Solution for both problems: tighten Siberian Hitch carefully and add a daisy chain or monkey braid beginning at the original slipped bight in SH. Two or three daisy chain or monkey braid stitches will be good.
    Now Siberian Hitch will hold without loosening in wind and will not jam when untying.
    A good second tree knot could be a farrimond friction hitch--I think it works better when both sides of loop are close together-parallel as they come off tree--this can be done by doing a reverse--also this helps with tightening as the cords slide on each other rather than so much sliding on tree.
    You could use farrimond friction hitch as both first tree knot and second tree knot.
    Both of these knots are tied in the bight ( no need to access either end of cord when tying) quick release and nonjamming.
    You can learn these knots by watching YouTube videos.
    And watch Shug's video--his knots are nonjamming, quick release, and they work great for rigging your tarp!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hammock
    Netless + Bottom Entry net
    Tarp
    Rectangle
    Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Grappler View Post
    You might like Siberian Hitch for a first tree knot. I have had two problems with Siberian Hitch--and both are easily corrected by doing the same thing.
    First problem: when pulling tag end of cord to untie--the slipped loop jams--you might see the bight twist a bit and curl over.
    Problem two: sometimes I fail to tighten hitch or the wind loosens hitch.
    Solution for both problems: tighten Siberian Hitch carefully and add a daisy chain or monkey braid beginning at the original slipped bight in SH. Two or three daisy chain or monkey braid stitches will be good.
    Now Siberian Hitch will hold without loosening in wind and will not jam when untying.[...]
    I really like the Siberian Hitch. I like to secure it by putting a toggle through the loop an pulling the tag end to tighten the loop around it. It helps keep the hitch from coming loose.

• + New Posts