Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    WB Thunderfly
    Insulation
    Arrowhead
    I've got ENO DN and SN. Great hammocks, I've camped many a night in the DN and sleep great in mine!!

Hammock
    SLD Trail Lair
    Tarp
    WB SuperFly
    Insulation
    Mac-Gear / HG / LL
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    I'm a big fan of the Eno Roadie hammock stands, perfect for desert car camping where trees are hard to find. I invested in two sets now, for each side of the vehicle.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Excellent topic. I remember a lot of new things. I need more such discussions.

Quote Originally Posted by Halfed View Post
    In the spot I use to go fishing in the Amazon there are no too bugs or mosquitoes, then I do not use a bug net so often.:
    Wait, there's places in the Amazon that don't have bugs and mosquitoes? I'll cop to ecological ignorance, but we are talking South America, the equator and rain forest, right? As opposed to, say, North America, air-conditioned warehouse and premium grocery store?

I can nap with the Eno SN hanging diagonally across the cargo bay of my short wheelbase low roof van without bumping my butt on the floor

Hammock
    DH Darien / WBBB
    Tarp
    HEX Asym / Minifly
    Insulation
    HG Econ 40
    Suspension
    Beetle/ Cinch
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Sleeper View Post
    Wait, there's places in the Amazon that don't have bugs and mosquitoes?
    I didn't say that. I know it sounds odd, but the place I used to go is like this. It is in Barcelos a small city in the state of Amazonas.
    Rio Negro (Black River), the largest tributary of the Amazon River has the highest acid levels (about 4.0 PH) that will not allow mosquitoes and other types of insects to lay eggs in the water.
    It doesn't mean that you won't see mosquitoes, horseflies (that hurts), wasps, praying mantis and so on, but their population are not big enough to bother you. I heard that in rainy season insects increase their population, fishing season is pretty dry. They use to say that there are 2 seasons in the Amazon rain forest: "Wet season rains all day long and dry season rains everyday".
    I've never had any problems sleeping in my netless hammocks because of that, just a mosquito bite or two all night long at the most (8 times I've been there).

Anyway it is a magic place and I have no words to describe how wonderful is to be there! I strongly recommend you to visit the Amazon rain forest! Specially if you like fishing, because that region is the only place in the world where you can caught the biggest peacock bass (tucunare-acu).

ENO.jpgmy guide and I.jpgpeacock bass.JPG

Hammock
    ENO DN+Walmart Equip
    Tarp
    DryFly Yukon Noah
    Insulation
    SB pad Jarbridg
    Suspension
    ENO Atlas, Woopie
    Images
    Still own my ENO DN that accompanied me through many camps, it is now my perfect recurring loaner for potential buddy, with upgraded woopie sling, I just let them sleep on it with their own sleeping bag, with overnight experience, I can further introduce the suspension and UQ if interested.

That's no Front Range stocker trout!

Hammock
    WB Eldorado SL
    Tarp
    HG DCF std camo
    Insulation
    WB DB + Wooki 20*
    Suspension
    Dyneema + Becket
    My son lounges around on campus at UF in his ENO double nest whenever he has free time (not much, double engineering major, Mechanical and Aerospace) but he loves it for what it is. I told him he probably needed something longer as he's 6'3" but he likes it fine. He has several friends that have hammocks as well

I suspect he'll order a Banana Hammock from Dutch soon though lol.

Quote Originally Posted by MuadDale View Post
    My son lounges around on campus at UF in his ENO double nest whenever he has free time (not much, double engineering major, Mechanical and Aerospace) but he loves it for what it is. I told him he probably needed something longer as he's 6'3" but he likes it fine. He has several friends that have hammocks as well

I suspect he'll order a Banana Hammock from Dutch soon though lol.
    Go Gators! And my ENO DN is orange and blue. As others have said, I think it's in the middle of the pack in terms of comfort.

• + New Posts
  • Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast