Hammock
    Varies
    Tarp
    GargoyleGear Ogee
    Insulation
    UQ-varies w/season
    Suspension
    Dutchgear
    I have lots of hammocks...an embarrassment of hammocks. Some better than others, some worse. My ENOs are somewhere in the middle of the pack...certainly nothing to whine about if it were my only hammock.

Recently, I undertook a project to hang a hammock in my storm cellar. It was a tight fit, and I chose an ENO Doublenest. It has been my experience that these hammocks benefit from more sag than the commonly quoted 30°...this one is closer to 40, and quite comfortable.
    Dave

"Loneliness is the poverty of self; solitude is the richness of self."~~~May Sarton

Hammock
    DIY TCF Sage Green
    Tarp
    Noah's Tarp 12x12
    Insulation
    MAMW TQ, UGQ UQ
    Suspension
    webbing/whoopies
    Images
    My wife and I started with two ENO DN OneLink Systems. Loved them.

We still use our ENOs for day hikes, when a nap is planned. Just soooo easy to throw them up with the Atlas Strap suspension.

I've been meaning to mod the stock ropes with Amsteel CLs just haven't done it yet. Probably save a couple ounces!

Hammock
    Warbonnet RR / BlackbirdXLC
    Tarp
    SimplyLightDesigns
    Insulation
    Lynx / LocoLibre
    Suspension
    webbing/buckles
    Images
    I thought about this and it's really simple. ENO's are fine for what they are but why would there be a lot of love if there are so many better options available? For the same money or a bit more you can get a really comfortable longer hammock for one of the cottage vendors who's products are made in the USA and who will back them up with a friendly phone call or email. If you like your ENO then continue hanging with it and enjoy but just know there are more comfortable hammocks available. HYOH.

Hammock
    Dream Hammock Sparrow
    Tarp
    Kelty Noah 12
    Insulation
    UGQ Zeppelin
    Suspension
    Dutch BeetleBuckle
    Images
    I love my ENOs. I've been using them for a few years now and have been quite happy. Granted, I'm not the tallest person, so that could be part of it. I've got a Sub7, a doublenest, and a junglenest, Ember 2, pretty much every version of the straps. My only "complaint" is that the junglenest bug net likes to fall inward and can feel a little claustrophobic. I've got a hang in a couple weeks where I'm gonna test out some ideas to solve that.

Anyway, I feel like they're a decent / budget friendly hammock and easy to find, plus it's super convenient to just grab accessories from REI on the spur of the moment.

That being said, I've got my eye on a Dream Hammock Thunderbird.

I figure the more hammocks I have the more people I can invite out to hang!

Hammock
    Amok,Clark NX270, ENO junglenest
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Wooki
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    I ran a ridgeline through the eyelets in the bug net to keep the net up and off me

Hammock
    Mayan, WarbonnetRR XLC
    Tarp
    Warbonnet SuperFly
    Suspension
    Whoopee! Hitchcock
    I've got an ENO Jungle Rest and (you guys are exactly right: my first 'camping hammock') I went to the REI site and decided one with a bug net was just the ticket. I don't think they did any testing on this product, or tried to spend a night in it. The net twists and squeezes down in the center, presses up against my head, and fights me stretching out. If it's still available, that's a shame. Why can't they just fix it? I plan to rip the top of the bug net open and add more netting. (I've got a diagram somewhere in another thread here). Google "Eno Jungle Rest", select Images, you'll see mostly empty hammocks, a couple of people who look like they're camping (first and last time), no diagonal lays, most of the people look like a bunch of cute model people doing banana lays for ads and web sites.

Hammock
    Dutchware
    Tarp
    Sld / Kitsapcowboy
    Insulation
    Sld T Winder / Llg
    Suspension
    Dw / Sheltowee
    Images
    Like most i started hammocking with a ENO DN didn’t like all the extra fabric & got the SN. I never could get that comfy so I ventured off into the cottage vendors & tried 11’ Hammocks . The comfort of an 11’ hammock not to mention the radical materials makes it hard going back to a short hammock.

With that said I did get pull the trigger on an ENO sub 7 cause it was on sale for $25 on ENO website. The sub 7 got great reviews & I purchased it as a lounger for doing a century ride. 40 miles into my ride I broke it out for the first time & was amazed of the comfort / diagonal lay I could get as well as the material it was made from.

Is it my go to camp set up ? No. What it did become was my new indoor bed...yes daily sleeper. The spare room I have to stow my gear was small so i hung it there & sleep in it all the time indoors.
    It is a great hammock for short people .
    HAMmock po·lyg·a·mist

Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    WB Thunderfly
    Insulation
    Arrowhead
    I've used an ENO DN for years and love it. It works for me!!

I did not even know about the Warbonnet Traveler XL hammock. What a GREAT replacement for my ENO DN Deluxe which seems to be too deep, making it hard for me to get out of. And a built-in Ridgeline too? I had to buy the ENO hammock, separate long atlas straps, and an adjustable Ridgeline from whoopiesling.com. That all totals more than the $100 for the WB Traveler XL with suspension included. THANKS for the post.

I was recently at an REI and looking at hammocks. At 6'9" I was looking at something 12+ feel long, and none of the hammocks at the REI were that long. I'm not against an ENO, I like being able to take it back to a store to exchange if needed, but they aren't long enough for me.

Then again nothing is long enough for me that I've found yet so I wouldn't feel bad if I were ENO. They make their product to fit the vast majority of users, which I could never pretend to be..lol

• + New Posts
  • Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast