Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
    Hammock
    ENO DN
    Tarp
    ENO Profly
    Suspension
    ENO Atlas Straps

Not a lot of ENO love here

most recent post from a year ago? who still sleeps in their ENO and loves it? Are we a dying breed?

Hammock
    ENO DN
    Tarp
    ENO Profly
    Suspension
    ENO Atlas Straps
    I Love my Singlenest so far, and recently got a doublenest deluxe, which I am taking out car camping (the only type of camping I do, so weight not a factor) later this month. Atlas Straps work for me so far and Profly rain fly hasn't yet let me down. I have added a structural ridgeline and am thinking about a better bugnet, but so far, for the money, I like what I have. Full disclosure, I did get my ENO Onelink setup and the recently acquired doubelnest deluxe off craigslist for half price as new, and don't think I would have paid full price for the whole setup myself.

Hammock
    Hammeck Netty
    Tarp
    HG dyneema/MacCat
    Insulation
    DIY UQ and UGQ TQ
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    Images
    I have three hammocks, three different manufacturers, one being ENO. I don't even consider taking my ENO DN backpacking with me.
    "You can stand tall without standing on someone. You can be a victor without having victims." --Harriet Woods

http://www.MeetUp.com/NashvilleBackpacker

Hammock
    11' 1.2 Robic XL
    Tarp
    Misc DIY ones
    Insulation
    Downy Goodness
    Suspension
    UHMWPE Straps
    Images
    ENO makes a good lounging hammock. Most people started with an ENO or something similar. A lot of people move on from ENO though. They're very short hammocks and heavy for their price point. I have a couple collecting dust somewhere in the historical boxes. ENO makes a great gateway drug.
    73 de W4BKR

Not all who wander are lost... - J.R.R. Tolkein
    ...Besides, if we get lost, we just pull in somewheres and ask directions - Captain Ron

The ever striving gram weenie...always updated with the next trip

Hammock
    HH Expedition, HH Explorer Dlx
    Tarp
    Noah 12, BCUSA 10
    Insulation
    JRB Nest, Old Rag
    Suspension
    Stock HH w/rings
    Images
    I had an ENO DBL but "donated" it to a family member. Nothing really wrong with it as I also set up a base camp (think car camping) then do day hikes. Only reason I donated it was because I was gifted a HH with bottom entry which works better for me and my disability. I also purchased a Dutchware to have as an item in my day hike pack so the ENO was not getting much use.

Did I like it? Sure. It worked just fine. In fact, I still have the ENO Atlas straps and use them all the time.
    Deb
    TOS Terms of Service Link
    Guidelines to New For Sale Section Link
    How to obtain access & maintain your threads in For Sale Section Link
    Guidelines for Want to Buy (WTB) Section
    Hammock Acronyms

"The older I get, the more I appreciate my rural childhood. I spent a lot of time outdoors, unsupervised, which is a blessing." Barbara Kingsolver

Hammock
    yes please
    Tarp
    HG cuben w/ doors
    Insulation
    HG Burrow/Phoenix
    Suspension
    kevlar straps
    A lot has to do with it being a "short" hammock and thus not very comfortable for overnight use. My first hammock was an ENO Doublenest. I use it for lounging at the park and have basically given it to my son. At 6'2" I learned very quickly it was not going to work out as an overnighter hammock.

Hammock
    HH Expedition, HH Explorer Dlx
    Tarp
    Noah 12, BCUSA 10
    Insulation
    JRB Nest, Old Rag
    Suspension
    Stock HH w/rings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Kroma View Post
    A lot has to do with it being a "short" hammock and thus not very comfortable for overnight use. My first hammock was an ENO Doublenest. I use it for lounging at the park and have basically given it to my son. At 6'2" I learned very quickly it was not going to work out as an overnighter hammock.
    Funny you should say this as I know most folks say the same thing. Being 5'2" it was never an issue for me but my younger brother is 6'4" and on the north side of 300lb..how far north he won't say..and he loves the ENO DBL. I offered him an 11' hammock and he told me "no thanks". Different strokes for different folks I guess. BTW, he sleeps in his ENO every night he is home. He is a distance trucker so is only home about 3 nights a week but he doesn't own another bed.
    Deb
    TOS Terms of Service Link
    Guidelines to New For Sale Section Link
    How to obtain access & maintain your threads in For Sale Section Link
    Guidelines for Want to Buy (WTB) Section
    Hammock Acronyms

"The older I get, the more I appreciate my rural childhood. I spent a lot of time outdoors, unsupervised, which is a blessing." Barbara Kingsolver

Hammock
    SLD Trail Lair/WB XLC
    Tarp
    SLD Trail Haven
    Insulation
    HG, WB and WL
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    I started out with an ENO Doublenest but upgraded to a Warbonnet Blackbird XLC this year. Night and day difference. I'm glad some people like their ENO's, but for me there's no comparison to the XLC. Yeah, there's a big difference on the price point, but I sleep a LOT better in the XLC and don't regret the purchase at all. Like they say, hang your own hang!
    -Jameson
    Proud Member of the North Country Trail Association-Hiawatha Shore to Shore Chapter
    http://www.northcountrytrail.org/

Hammock
    DH Raven/Darien
    Tarp
    WB Mountainfly
    Insulation
    Loco Libre/HG/SLD
    Suspension
    Myerstech/Becket
    Quote Originally Posted by Lost Woodsman View Post
    I started out with an ENO Doublenest but upgraded to a Warbonnet Blackbird XLC this year. Night and day difference. I'm glad some people like their ENO's, but for me there's no comparison to the XLC. Yeah, there's a big difference on the price point, but I sleep a LOT better in the XLC and don't regret the purchase at all. Like they say, hang your own hang!
    What I find even more interesting is that you can get a Warbonnet Traveler XL with full webbing/buckle suspension for $75 shipped. That's an 11' hammock with a great suspension for less than an ENO with no suspension. So, the idea that you have to spend more $$ to get a cottage industry hammock is not valid- especially if you're comparing apples to apples- i.e.- netless to netless. Obviously, once you start throwing in additional options (like integrated bugnet), you're going to spend more.

I think that's the other reason why folks are light on the "Eno love." It doesn't take much additional research to see that you can easily get a netless cottage industry hammock for at least the same price- if not less than an Eno. I will say that we still need to credit Eno for building awareness for hammocking. If it weren't for them, many of the cottage vendors probably wouldn't exist!

Hammock
    11 ft DIY 1.6 HyperD Diamd Ripstop
    Tarp
    UGQ WD 13 End Mods
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Ultimate Straps
    I use an ENO Housefly tarp and love it!
    ◘ May 17-19: BACONFEST @ Interstate WI SP ◘ Oct 3-6: miCHILIgan @ Middleville, MI ◘ YouTube: karlawithak216 ◘ Instagram: i.am.karla.with.a.k ◘ 97 months

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast