WBRR,HENESSEY JUNGLE, ENO 1 link
    Tarp
    ENO PRO, SLD WH
    Insulation
    Igniter and blaze
    Suspension
    Buckles,atlas,ring
    Quote Originally Posted by MrGhoti View Post
    most recent post from a year ago? who still sleeps in their ENO and loves it? Are we a dying breed?
    Still have DN and CamoXL, like everyone else ENO was my gateway that gave me the confidence to hammock camp. I have 7 other hammocks now including two RidgeRunners. As was pointed out, there are same price point options in lighter gear but ENO has the nack for grabbing a newbie and making them envision the ENO lifestyle.

Hammock
    Half-wit (3 season), Chameleon (win
    Tarp
    Superfly, Thunderf
    Insulation
    EE Revelation 20*,
    Suspension
    Whoopie!
    Quote Originally Posted by tazmaniac View Post
    Still have DN and CamoXL, like everyone else ENO was my gateway that gave me the confidence to hammock camp. I have 7 other hammocks now including two RidgeRunners. As was pointed out, there are same price point options in lighter gear but ENO has the nack for grabbing a newbie and making them envision the ENO lifestyle.
    It's pretty easy to understand why:
    Mass produced with typically prime placement in stores like REI and Bass Pro. The reason the retailers like them is their margins (even at ENO prices) are double or triple what they would be able to get from a smaller company. Price, placement, advertising. If nothing else, they are great at getting people suckered.......I mean interested in hammocks.

Hammock
    WBRR,HENESSEY JUNGLE, ENO 1 link
    Tarp
    ENO PRO, SLD WH
    Insulation
    Igniter and blaze
    Suspension
    Buckles,atlas,ring
    Their marketing is first rate.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Hammock
    WL Lt Owl
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Outdoors
    Insulation
    Burrow/Incubator
    Suspension
    Tree straps
    Quote Originally Posted by MrGhoti View Post
    most recent post from a year ago? who still sleeps in their ENO and loves it? Are we a dying breed?
    ENO love fades once you experience more comfortable hammocks. I learned to hammock camp in my ENO DN One-Link system and "Loved" it. (Like that first girl friend who was always mean and bossy) However; I felt a little betrayed by it once I experienced a Wilderness Logics LiteOwl. Soooo nice, soooo comfortable. Why had my ENO been denying my this for so long. Then I tried a Warbonnet Blackbird: again, so much more comfortable than my ENO. Several DutchWare Netless hammocks: So superior to my ENO.

Your "First" will always have a place in your heart but, you'll find there are better options
    Questioning authority, Rocking the boat & Stirring the pot - Since 1965

Hammock
    WB XLC DL 1.7
    Tarp
    SuperFly
    Insulation
    Wooki/Mamba
    Images
    I have a DN (my daughter's really) but it's my napping hammock for summer camp. I like to throw the extra floppy edge fabric over my face to hide from the sun.

Hammock
    Ol' ugly
    Tarp
    Hanger12/ DIYasym
    Insulation
    Bandit/Pheonix
    Suspension
    Whoopie sling
    I have an ENO Reactor I still use from time to time. It's mostly a loaner though so someone can use their pad or mine. I still enjoy it, however I get a better nights sleep in my DIY hammock. Not as comfortable and weighs considerably more, but I'd still choose it over my tent any day ending in Y.
    Where the trail ends the adventure begins!

Hammock
    WBRR and 11' Dutch
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images
    I have a friend who is a male and 6' 2" and about 250 lbs and sleeps straight in this little ENO and loves it. I personally can't fathom why it works so well for him besides that possibly he just over-weights the hammock so bad that it ends up laying flat. He refuses to try anything else.
    If it works it works.
    I enjoy working for my heat...it seems to make my food taste better. -Richard Proenneke

2TiedUp YouTube Channel

Hammock
    Dutch 11' Hex 2.4/ SLD Lair
    Tarp
    UGQ Catcut Hex
    Insulation
    Zeppelin/Burrow
    Suspension
    Dutch Cinch Buckle
    My gear is a complete mix of gear from big name brands to small cottage producers.

My goto topquilt is a down filled ENO Ignitor and I love it. I'm not sure I'd pay what they are going for now(it's a discontinued model) but I got a pretty good deal when I bought mine. I also use ENO Atlas straps on my backup hammock.

All too often I see people, who contribute to this forum and many other people on other forums, push cottage gear as the only choice. The "best choice or gear" for you is whatever works and fits your style and circumstances.
    "Civilization exists by geological consent, subject to change without notice." Will Durant

Hammock
    Warbonnet RR / BlackbirdXLC
    Tarp
    SimplyLightDesigns
    Insulation
    Lynx / LocoLibre
    Suspension
    webbing/buckles
    Images
    I simply like to support our cottage vendors vs a larger company. Nothing wrong with ENO at all. You know HYOH and party on Wayne

Hammock
    Amok,Clark NX270, ENO junglenest
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Wooki
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    I'm 6'1,240# and I still use my Eno a lot for naps or just to relax and still enjoy it even if I own several so-called top shelf hammocks. I wouldn't stuff it in my pack for a long hike but that's also true of Amok, Clark NX and even my BBXLC.. For hiking my go to is a Wildhorn Outfitters 11', 6'6'' wide camo hammock .

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast