Best hammock for my tall son

My son is 6'1 and 190 lbs. So far has tried my 10' Trek Lite hammock, which he found very uncomfortable - he couldn't get a flat lay, and felt cramped in the foot area. He also tried a Brazilian hammock but found it hard to change positions on the thick fabric. He's considering an 11' Dream or Sheltowee Boone, or possibly a bridge hammock. Which one would work best? And which fabric is best for allowing changing positions? This would be for indoor-only hammock sleeping, so he wouldn't need a net or tarp. Thanks for any suggestions!

Hammock
    Warbonnet RR / BlackbirdXLC
    Tarp
    SimplyLightDesigns
    Insulation
    Lynx / LocoLibre
    Suspension
    webbing/buckles
    Images
    Any of the 11 or 12 ft hammocks should fit him well. I would recommend checking out all the cottage vendors as they all create very comfortable and many are unique. I would recommend the Warbonnet Blackbird XLC, as well as the Simply Light Designs Trail Lair, Dutch hammocks are very comfortable as well, as are many others. So check out all you options and have fun.

Hammock
    WL Lt Owl
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Outdoors
    Insulation
    Burrow/Incubator
    Suspension
    Tree straps
    My 6"1" son took a Dutchware Netless 11" hammock when he was Camp Counselor at Summer Camp. All the other counselor w/hammock envy because with regards to hammock, comfort it is the length that matters.

Wilderness Logics Snipe or LiteOwl also worthy of consideration though the price would start to creep up. Those come standard with suspensions and Knotty Mods.
    Questioning authority, Rocking the boat & Stirring the pot - Since 1965

Hammock
    HH Expl Dlx, Dutch 11'
    Tarp
    HH Hex, Tadpole
    Insulation
    HH SS, Jarbidge
    Suspension
    various
    I'm 6'1", a bit heavier than the OP's tall son, and my 11' Dutch net-less is the stuff dreams are made of. Flat lay in either direction, no squeeze, no calf ridge. If you develop a ridge, just re-gather the ends and "whip it good" to tweak.
    Thanks,
    Ranc0r

Hammock
    Dutch/SLD/WB/DIY
    Tarp
    DWG/HG/SLD/UGQ/DIY
    Insulation
    Loco Libre Gear
    Suspension
    Dutchware
    Quote Originally Posted by TrailSlug View Post
    Any of the 11 or 12 ft hammocks should fit him well. I would recommend checking out all the cottage vendors as they all create very comfortable and many are unique. I would recommend the Warbonnet Blackbird XLC, as well as the Simply Light Designs Trail Lair, Dutch hammocks are very comfortable as well, as are many others. So check out all you options and have fun.
    Agreed, Trail Lair or Chameleon. (I'm 6'2" and 175#.)
    Smart graphic design for all your needs by BGD

Hammock
    DREAM HAMMOCK
    Tarp
    U G Q .
    Insulation
    U G Q .
    Suspension
    RSBTR STRAPS
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by janhunt View Post
    My son is 6'1 and 190 lbs. So far has tried my 10' Trek Lite hammock, which he found very uncomfortable - he couldn't get a flat lay, and felt cramped in the foot area. He also tried a Brazilian hammock but found it hard to change positions on the thick fabric. He's considering an 11' Dream or Sheltowee Boone, or possibly a bridge hammock. Which one would work best? And which fabric is best for allowing changing positions? This would be for indoor-only hammock sleeping, so he wouldn't need a net or tarp. Thanks for any suggestions!

I am 6'2 and find my Dream Hammock 11 foot Thunderbird to be the perfect size for me!
    It's kinda funny because my wife bought a Trek light camo hammock she found on sale several years back and at the time i wasn't really into hanging and i tried it out and found the ten footer to be very uncomfortable and this got me started shopping around for a hammock and the rest is history now!
    I have tried and owned just about every brand of hammock out there and my go to hammock is a Dream Hammock for sure!.
    If a bugnet is not needed for now he can try out a Freebird, they are like $40.00 and made with the same attention to detail and quality as thier higher end hammocks are,, very comfortable hammoch in my opinion!

Hammock
    WildernessLogics 12x6
    Tarp
    HG cuben 13ridge12
    Insulation
    TopQuiltUnderQuilt
    Suspension
    S and D
    Maybe try a 12 foot hammock, but then you will need a larger bugnet, larger tarp, and you got it--a larger pack. Good luck !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hammock
    Towns-End
    Tarp
    WB, Towns-End, UGQ
    Insulation
    LSOH, JRB, UGQ
    Suspension
    Straps & Buckles
    Images
    My son is 6'2" 190lbs. He has an 11' Dream Raven in the hex 70 wide fabric. He loves it. He also likes my 11' SLD Trail Lairs (one in Hexon 1.6, one in Multicam 1.9).

Hammock
    Warbonnet RR
    Tarp
    Dutchware Bonded
    Insulation
    Enlightened / HG
    Suspension
    HG Daisy Chain
    Images
    Any of the previous ones would work great. I'm 6'2" and love my new RR bridge hammock. Comfortable lay and works well for those of us who are tall.
    Last edited by brohawk; 06-13-2017 at 16:22. Reason: Spelling error

• + New Posts