Good First Hang Campsite in North Georgia

Hoping to take the wife on her first hammock camping trip next Friday while the kids are with their grand parents. I am willing to car camp on or off pavement or back pack in a couple of miles. Am most concerned with finding a good campsite, hopefully away from everyone else, to let her really relax in her new XLC. Any suggestions? Between the Cohutta and Appalachians, there are just so many choices I haven't visited personally and am having trouble narrowing it down. Campsite on a river bank or with a view would be ideal. You know, one I can post to that epic hangs thread. Many thanks for any suggestions!

Raven cliffs easy hike near a good size creek.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hammock
    WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    JRB MW3 + Sniveler
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images
    "On a river" and "away from everyone else" may be mutually exclusive. Near the swinging bridge over the Toccoa River, or near Ledford Bridge just off the BMT have good river views. Some decent campsites near the fish hatchery also. These are all in or around Union County, GA. All of these are car-campable but there's also an option to hike to the swinging bridge from GA60, a 3-mile hike each way.

Hammock
    Hammeck Netty, Astd. Dutch
    Tarp
    HG DCF Hex, TF
    Insulation
    HG,WLSS,JrB,UGQ,LL
    Suspension
    LW straps/Becket
    Dockery Lake Trail between DL campground and AT. Many sites near streams rarely camped on.

Thanks for all the replies. Kid got sick and trip didn't happen, but I look forward to trying all of these soon

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hammock
    Darien UL
    Tarp
    ZPacks Cuben
    Insulation
    WL SSUQ/HG TQ
    Suspension
    Dyna Whoopies
    Whenever you do get around to it, Raven Cliffs is definitely NOT away from everyone else. That place gets as crowded as a mall on the weekends. Burrells Ford on the Chattooga has a free walk in campgound that's surprisingly nice for a free campground, and doesn't get crowded, at least not when I've been there. If you hike north from there on the trail the closer you get to Ellicott Rock the less people you'll encounter and it's easy hiking. Hike south from there and you'll encounter even less people. It's a beautiful area with multiple waterfalls to visit, not to mention Ellicott Rock if you can find it, and a trout hatchery you can hike to, and lots of options for loop hikes. That's on the eastside, over on the westside, in the Cohuttas the Jack's River trail is a good one, but there are lots of river crossings and you have to make sure the river isn't up too high and it isn't going to rain or you could get trapped and not be able to cross the river. Both are great for fishing so if that's your thing bring a pole or you'll wish you had.
    "As a well spent day brings happy sleep, a well spent life brings happy death." -Da Vinci

• + New Posts