Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    WBCB with door kit

Great company, great products, but....

Warbonnet makes great products and has great customer service. But when Brandon runs a sale, a lot of what I read is people complaining that they just recently bought one when there was no sale. Come on folks, give the guy a break. A sale is just that, a discounted price for a limited period of time, not every day. His retail prices are fair for the quality of his products. Sorry some of you missed the sale but you still have a great product at a fair price.
    Last edited by TxTiger; 05-28-2017 at 22:24.

Hammock
    Diy HyperD grey ghost
    Tarp
    Wb Mamajamba
    Insulation
    Diy
    Suspension
    whoopies straps ms
    Images
    I think most folks are kicking themselves, not Warbonnet. Luck of the draw that you order just before a sale. I don't believe anyone is complaining about what they paid, just upset they didn't save more.
    " No sympathy for the devil. You buy the ticket, you take the ride." - Hunter S. Thompson

Hammock
    12' DH Sparrow
    Tarp
    12' Warbonnet Thun
    Insulation
    Down Quilts
    Suspension
    Dutchware Beetle B
    I was only griping about the timing. Due to it not fitting me, I decided that morning to sell mine. Now I need to wait a while to try and get more of my money back out of it. It's not like I can return it to Warbonnet. There's nothing wrong with the hammock itself. I'm just a big guy. I ran into the same thing with my Kelty Cosmic Down 0° sleeping bag. I also have issues with a lot of shirts and jackets. Too tight in the shoulders.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

Hammock
    WBRR, Amok Draumr 5
    Tarp
    MECGuid, Superfly
    Insulation
    Arrowhead UQ
    Suspension
    Stock Buckles
    I waited six months to buy my Ridgerunner last November on sale; it hurt.

Hammock
    WalhallaCustom11'
    Tarp
    Walhalla Winter
    Insulation
    LL0°,CRO20°
    Suspension
    CL's/Buckles/Etc
    I am poised to purchase an XL Wooki and a regular Wooki if they can get them to me by June 8th. If I order and they go on sale June 10th, it is what it is. I have managed to hit both the BB's and the XLC on sale, so I am totally ahead of the game!
    www.wildcherrywoodworks.com (my business)
    www.mainechopstick.com (my other business)
    www.4alloutdoors.org (a friend's site I do reviews for)
    www.curlymaplechronicles.blogspot.com (my personal blog)

Hammock
    Warbonnet RR / BlackbirdXLC
    Tarp
    SimplyLightDesigns
    Insulation
    Lynx / LocoLibre
    Suspension
    webbing/buckles
    Images
    Yes, it's always a gamble if you are not willing to wait so take your punches and enjoy your gear. I just can't wait for the Lynx under quilts to go on sale at some point in the future

Hammock
    WB XLC
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Wookie/Sub'Kilo
    Suspension
    Webbing

If it doesn't fit you, return it!

Warbonnet has a very good policy:
    Returns:

We offer a 60-day return-for-any-reason policy. Buy-it, try-it, and if you don’t like it send it back for a full refund (shipping charges will not be refunded and a full refund of the subtotal assumes you are sending back gear in new condition, we’d deduct for any washing or needed repairs.
    Add life to your years!

Hammock
    WB BBXLC, DH, DIY, GT Hybrid
    Tarp
    Etowah Outfitters
    Insulation
    HG TQ and JRB UQ
    Suspension
    DIY Whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by Scubahhh View Post
    Returns:

We offer a 60-day return-for-any-reason policy. Buy-it, try-it, and if you don’t like it send it back for a full refund (shipping charges will not be refunded and a full refund of the subtotal assumes you are sending back gear in new condition, we’d deduct for any washing or needed repairs.
    Maybe it is just me, but returning it because it went on sale seems a little dishonorable. I would return it if it genuinely did not meet my expectations due to comfort, quality, weight etc. But to return it over a sale price that came later would be like the women in the clothing stores that buy a dress, wear it and return it; and had that intent the day they made the purchase. People who abuse/misuse return policies are why it is hard sometimes to make a legit return.

When you buy at the regular price, you are buying because you want it at that time and not later. So in my mind, you should not return something just over a later sale price. But, that is just me.

Hammock
    12' DH Sparrow
    Tarp
    12' Warbonnet Thun
    Insulation
    Down Quilts
    Suspension
    Dutchware Beetle B
    Quote Originally Posted by Scubahhh View Post
    Returns:

Wow I didn't know that. You are my hero now I might try it another night or two in my back yard and see how I do before returning it. It's too expensive to keep if I don't sleep worth a darn in it due to shoulder squeeze.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

Hammock
    Grand Trunk Single
    Images
    Disagree. When you make a purchase one or two days before a huge unannounced sale on one of only a few items that just happen to be what you bought, a price adjustment offering is what would be considered "great customer service". Especially since it doesn't ship for three weeks anyways and isn't even a constructed item necessarily. But if you bought it a week or two before and already have the product, that's obvious tough luck.

That's why big places like backcountry.com and such do that (called price adjustment). Next your argument would be, "well they are huge and he's mom and pop". They didn't all start out huge, they became that way through reputation, fair prices, and great customer service.

I'm not knocking WB or their customer service (I like their stuff). I would say they do well in customer service, but as with this as an example, not exceptionally elite. Luckily they have a ton of fan boys to defend them tooth and nail though.

I was one of those, I waited around 9 months to by a tarp with no sale. I pulled the trigger because I am tired of my cheap walmart tarp and it went on sale two days later (didn't have the tarp for another two weeks). So I think I am entitled to some emotion whether a fan boy agrees or not.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast