Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by LuvmyBonnet View Post
    Sadly to say, I too have been searching for Peanut Butter Pop Tarts for the last 3 months without luck. If I ever do find them I'm clearing the shelf! Maybe leave one box for the next guy.
    Sad but true. Gonna start making my own.

Quote Originally Posted by ps22285 View Post
    Ive been thinking about this Peanut Butter Pop Tarts problem. It has to be a marketing trick like the "new Coke" a few years back?

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk
    They just teased and hung us out there!

Quote Originally Posted by Whatablaker View Post
    Hey shug,

Your videos are the sole reason I started hammocking in 2012, I just wanted to say thanks for opening my eyes and keep on doing you man! Also I agree, that hexon is super comfy. I just received a king sized beauty in the the length of 11ft and 1.0 from Simply light designs. Real nice hammock from an even better fell. Anyways enough ramble. Thanks again!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thankee feller. Enjoy the comfort quest.
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Hammock
    Mood Dependent
    Tarp
    Weather Dependent
    Insulation
    Just Dependent
    Suspension
    Beckett Up Pardner
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by TiedUp View Post
    Shug, i've been eyeballing that Zelph's cook kit for a while but it didn't realize it had that flange worked into the body of the bowl like that. I like that. I don't see that on his website or maybe it's an optical illusion or just maybe my eyesight is failing me. Any insight into how to get that exact cook kit ordered? The link you gave doesn't look like the same thing...but i could well be wrong...i'll admit that up front.
    Good stuff oh boil master Shug...good stuff.
    Hey TiedUp, Dan from Zelph generally only offers those stove setups exclusive to backpackinglight.com He'll announce a kit to get commitments and then puts together a group buy. He doesn't stock the caldera cones, he just orders the amount he needs at the time. So far he's done this about once every 3 months. He gets a strong reply every time though so I imagine he'll offer it again in the future. As Shug suggested I'd contact him about it and find out when he's going to do it again. So far he's offered about every size option between 550 and 750, handle and no handle. If you like the smallest version there is a used one in the gear swap on backpackinglight.com just in case you're interested. Hope this helps.
    Once you're lost in twilight's blue, you don't find your way, the way finds you.

Hammock
    WBRR and 11' Dutch
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by alifeoutdoors View Post
    Hey TiedUp, Dan from Zelph generally only offers those stove setups exclusive to backpackinglight.com He'll announce a kit to get commitments and then puts together a group buy. He doesn't stock the caldera cones, he just orders the amount he needs at the time. So far he's done this about once every 3 months. He gets a strong reply every time though so I imagine he'll offer it again in the future. As Shug suggested I'd contact him about it and find out when he's going to do it again. So far he's offered about every size option between 550 and 750, handle and no handle. If you like the smallest version there is a used one in the gear swap on backpackinglight.com just in case you're interested. Hope this helps.

Thanks "alifeoutdoors" i should've asked you...but I didn't know who you were on here. I'm not familiar with backpackinglight.com so i will definitely check that out and talk to Zelph about the options. I've had Zelph and Sidewinder websites on my favorites on my homepage for over a year and keep going back and forth mulling over the options about a container with a cone but never felt a peace about it until i saw that flared container on the video. Seems like it will be stronger and no chance of it falling through. I'm a graduate of the Murphy's Law school...if it can happen it usually does happen to me! I'm hard on stuff. I usually prefer aluminum because of the heat transfer is much better than titanium. But i'm willing to give on that because titanium is stronger and hold up to heat better.
    Thanks for the info!
    I enjoy working for my heat...it seems to make my food taste better. -Richard Proenneke

2TiedUp YouTube Channel

Hammock
    Mood Dependent
    Tarp
    Weather Dependent
    Insulation
    Just Dependent
    Suspension
    Beckett Up Pardner
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by TiedUp View Post
    Thanks for the info!
    I know exactly what you mean. I tried all sorts of small setups like that using his modified starlyte with pot supports (was always afraid the thin supports would break when stored in the pot). Tried the silicon bands, to finicky. Just didn't like the larger cone system as, aye afraid it would fall through and I like everything contained in my pot so I can have it ready for quick coffee breaks. This system he came up with is perfect with that rolled lip he customizes into the toaks pots. It's real solid and everything is compact. Perfect.
    Once you're lost in twilight's blue, you don't find your way, the way finds you.

Hammock
    Blackbird (Single layer)
    Tarp
    Z-Packs CF w/ door
    Insulation
    Quilts
    Suspension
    Whoopie / Cinch
    Great video senpai. Curious about the boilbag... Is there a particular brand of bag or method to prepare your pancakes?

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by alt.thomas View Post
    Great video senpai. Curious about the boilbag... Is there a particular brand of bag or method to prepare your pancakes?
    I just made the pancakes at home, buttered them. Syruped them. If you cant find boil bags at grocery store you can get these....https://www.packitgourmet.com/CookIn-Bags.html
    Darn good eatin'
    Shug
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

• + New Posts
  • Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456