Tarp
    HG DCF-All of them
    Insulation
    HammockGear
    Suspension
    Kevlar + Beckett
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BanjerDan View Post
    I have a Dutch 1.6 Hexon and the Raven 1.6 in HyperD, they are both comfortable. But I do like the feel of the HyperD at the moment. I also got the topcover and like it, but not really necessary where I live (warm part of southern Japan).

I have used two different underquilts with the Raven, Arrowhead Jarbridge and a DIY Costco UQ - they both worked just fine.
    I say go for it, if you have the patience to wait a month (or more) for the completion of your hammock.
    Yup...pretty much good to go. Order will be in before the weekend is out.

I have a CDT UQ as well... good to know.

Quote Originally Posted by T- Minus View Post
    The Raven does pair well with the HG incubator and Phoenix. I have the wide as possible fabric option on my build with 2.4 hexon and when in the hammock the UQ is about 4-6 inches below the zipper line at the shoulders. Some dutch quilt hangers make the unhooking between the net and the hammock onto the CL very easy.
    Glad to hear that this combo works.. No problems with the UQ migrating under you shoulders? I have a few pairs of quilt hangers.

Sent from somewhere east of Montauk
    Yes, my pack weighs 70lbs, but it's all light weight gear....
    Bob's brother-in-law

Hammock
    Juniper Custom
    Tarp
    HG DCFF w/doors
    Insulation
    etherial0's hg20's
    Suspension
    Tree straps
    “ Do not correct a fool or he will hate you, correct a wise man and he will appreciate you.”
    ~ Bruce Lee

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    HG DCF-All of them
    Insulation
    HammockGear
    Suspension
    Kevlar + Beckett
    Images
    Here are some in use pics, and mods for my Raven.
    IMG_20170508_193843.jpg
    Ok.. help me out.. I see the top cover.. pretty psychedelic from the inside.. The line that's hanging is a tether between the zipper pull and ridge line? The lay looks nice and flat with no high spots under your calves..

You strung shock cord between the Raven's side pull out point and.. where? Can't tell from the angle of this where that cord goes.. from hammock side pull out to the other side pullout? with a single quilt hook in the middle attached to the UQ? Red quilt hook.. cool.

Can't make out where this is going... That's the head end of the uq. Are you using the Dutch Quilt Hangers?

Interesting.. on my BB the HG Inc is closer to the edge of the hammocks zipper line.
    Bob's brother-in-law

Hammock
    Juniper Custom
    Tarp
    HG DCFF w/doors
    Insulation
    etherial0's hg20's
    Suspension
    Tree straps
    Quote Originally Posted by MikekiM View Post
    Ok.. help me out.. I see the top cover.. pretty psychedelic from the inside.. The line that's hanging is a tether between the zipper pull and ridge line? The lay looks nice and flat with no high spots under your calves..

You strung shock cord between the Raven's side pull out point and.. where? Can't tell from the angle of this where that cord goes.. from hammock side pull out to the other side pullout? with a single quilt hook in the middle attached to the UQ? Red quilt hook.. cool.

Can't make out where this is going... That's the head end of the uq. Are you using the Dutch Quilt Hangers?

The bug net was the fallen leaves pattern (out door ink) from RSBTR custom made and shipped to DH for build.

Interesting.. on my BB the HG Inc is closer to the edge of the hammocks zipper line.
    First pic, shot cord runs zipper to zipper thru a sliding hook attached to the ridgeline,

Second pic and third is of shot cord with dutch quilt hooks attached (2 of them; 1 for Phoenix and 2 for use with the Incubator), the shot cord is ran from side pull out (shoulder) to side pull out (knee).

and the last is a picture of the shadow from the inside of the Phoenix 40* econ attached to the quilt hooks attached to the shot cord that runs from the 2 pull outs (on both sides of the hammock) notice the distance between the edge of quilt and the zipper line, (this is due to the extra wide fabric I selected on my build) you may also see the shadow of an extra quilt hook.(this is for my incubator 20*, it has an extra pull out connection that the phoenix doesn't due to the length.)
    Last edited by T- Minus; 05-27-2017 at 17:40.
    “ Do not correct a fool or he will hate you, correct a wise man and he will appreciate you.”
    ~ Bruce Lee

Hammock
    11' Dutchware Hexon 1.6
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    LLG TQ/UQ 10*
    Suspension
    Dutchware Whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by kitsapcowboy View Post
    I have a Dutch Chameleon in Hexon 1.6 oz fabric and a similarly sized DIY OutdoorINK hammock in HyperD 1.6 oz fabric. Both are comfortable and provide a sufficiently supportive lay, but at my weight (175#) I notice that the HyperD is slightly stretchier, but not enough to be a problem, and the Hexon gets the nod for its amazingly nice finish. I prefer relatively firm, supportive hammocks, so I am pretty sensitive to those kinds of subtleties. Either fabric should serve you well.

The Raven is a very clever design, and the execution is clearly reliably impeccable.
    Nothing to do with the OP, but this is the info I've been searching for. I'm having back pain issues (due to prior injury) with the Hexon 1.0 and think I need something more supportive and was debating between the Hexon and HyperD 1.6. At 115# am I going to notice a difference? Dutch only does Hexon but I'd love a hammock with the OutdoorInk dragon scale print...however, a comfortable, pain-free sleep is more important.

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    HG DCF-All of them
    Insulation
    HammockGear
    Suspension
    Kevlar + Beckett
    Images
    Something I am noticing about the Raven, that I really like (well, there are quite a few things I like but this is subtle).

The side pullouts on WB BB are attached to the bug net. When unzippered the net stays tight and the hammock body goes limp. It often gets sucked back into the UQ. Figuring out what's UQ and what's hammock, when getting in and out is a challenge. I've never gotten in the UQ without the hammock, but I know others who have hit the ground doing so.

With the pullouts attached to the Ravens body and not the net, the hammock pulls open and over the UQ when the net is off or unzippered.

Just an observation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bob's brother-in-law

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12