Tarp
    Superfly 20D Poly
    Insulation
    HG Econ 20 deg
    Suspension
    Webbing/Buckles

Hammock set up in Boulder County?

Hi all,

I just got a new hammock and tarp from Warbonnet. The new hardware stuff from Dutch will arrive at my place tomorrow. So, I am still looking for a good spot to test my new hammock set up somewhere in Boulder County. For any of you who is familiar with Boulder County in Colorado, where do you recommend me to go for testing my hammock set up?

There is not much of good trees to hang my hammocks in my town since it's mostly open space with all farm lands. It is my understanding that Boulder County/City do not like have anything to be on those trees in their parks. So, I am wondering where I can go for testing my hammock set up. I would not mind making a trip out there in Nederland or any mountains in Boulder County to test my new hammock set up.

Thank you for your help!

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    DIY
    Insulation
    HG
    Suspension
    Dutchware bling
    I never had any problems in boulder when I lived there, I would often go to the open space to test out my rigs.
    Potential is nothing without hard work.

Images
    There are no hammock rules in any of the National Forests in Colorado. Please practice leave no trace.
    Lots of public land access along Hwy 34 big Cottonwood trees along the platte river.
    I avoid the Republic of Boulder. Too many super rich retirees meddling in the rule of the land.

A little drive for you but IMO nothing beats the Colorado Trail for hammock camping. Seg 3 and 6 are my two favorites on the Eastern slope.

hth

Hammock
    DIY 12' 1.6 oz Hyper D Baby
    Tarp
    DIY 12' RSBTR kit
    Insulation
    UGQ-uq OWLtq DIYsy
    Suspension
    SpiderStrap TI tog
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Orange757 View Post
    Hi all,

I just got a new hammock and tarp from Warbonnet. The new hardware stuff from Dutch will arrive at my place tomorrow. So, I am still looking for a good spot to test my new hammock set up somewhere in Boulder County. For any of you who is familiar with Boulder County in Colorado, where do you recommend me to go for testing my hammock set up?

There is not much of good trees to hang my hammocks in my town since it's mostly open space with all farm lands. It is my understanding that Boulder County/City do not like have anything to be on those trees in their parks. So, I am wondering where I can go for testing my hammock set up. I would not mind making a trip out there in Nederland or any mountains in Boulder County to test my new hammock set up.

Thank you for your help!
    It is a bit of a drive for you but I am north of you in the Fort Collins area - Anyhow I love, love, love the Redfeather lakes area!! Lots of trees and wonderful terrain all within about an hours drive from fort collins.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Be The light in Someone's Darkness - Change the World one Act of Compassion, One Act of Kindness at a Time - We are All Living on Borrowed Time
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfJ...XMJUMaraHGfzhA

• + New Posts