DH Sparrow/WB RR
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Msc
    Insulation
    Loco Libre
    Suspension
    Beetles

Zip top pocket

Talk to me. Who has one and do you like it? What sort of stuff do you put there vs a peak shelf or ridgeline organizer. Does ot ever hang in your face or get in the way? Thanks!

Hammock
    Towns-End
    Tarp
    WB, Towns-End, UGQ
    Insulation
    LSOH, JRB, UGQ
    Suspension
    Straps & Buckles
    Images
    On an asymmetrical hammock I prefer the zipper top or open top pocket over a ridgeline organizer or peak shelf. For me, it just seems like everything is handier and easier accessed. Keep in mind I'm 5'9" so a ridgeline organizer on an 11' hammock is a long way for my arms to stretch. I do like a peak shelf for bigger items, but just didn't use it as much. Never had a problem with a pocket getting in my face. I'm dedicated one way lay, and just always put it on the opposite side.

Hammock
    DREAM HAMMOCK
    Tarp
    U G Q .
    Insulation
    U G Q .
    Suspension
    RSBTR STRAPS
    Images
    Have one on my Thunderbird and don't know how i got by before without one, great for many uses, plus being able to zip it shut ensures whatever i put in it stays in it!

Hammock
    DIY 1.7 MTN
    Tarp
    WB Edge
    Insulation
    Incubator20,UGQ
    Suspension
    Huggers and Amstel
    I built this pouch recently with some scraps of material and a couple of Dutch removeable quilt hangers. So far I have been hanging it in the same place as a Warbonnet Blackbird would have its shelf, but I can hang it anywhere. I have another stuff sack labeled "sleep" that I put all my stuff into and then put it in this pouch. It has been working well!WP_20170521_002.jpg

Hammock
    Dream Raven
    Tarp
    Dutch ASYM wide
    I like having some storage on the ridgeline. I don't have an aftermarket organizer yet, but often just use my hammock stuff sack attached to the ridgeline. I keep my wallet, phone, and my Kindle in there. My Raven has a small noseeum pocket on the end, but the ridgeline is easier to reach and slides to adjust for placement.

Hammock
    Chameleon and a Ridge Runner
    Tarp
    UGQ WD 12'
    Insulation
    downy goodness
    Suspension
    cinch buckles
    Images
    I have one on my Sparrow. It's awesome!! If you put heavy things in it, it can hang in your face, especially in a wide hammock. I use the quilt hooks as a tie out though and that keeps that wall of fabric opposite your head nice and tight. seldom ever a problem. I mostly use it for my kindle or snacks or something along those lines. I have a ridge line organizer where my phone and glasses usually go. Glad I got the zippered pocket opposed to the open one. A very handy add on.
    “I am losing precious days. I am degenerating into a machine for making money. I am learning nothing in this trivial world of men. I must break away and get out into the mountains to learn the news”
    ― John Muir

Hammock
    DH Raven (5103)
    Tarp
    Hennessy Hex 70D
    Insulation
    HG Econ UQ
    Suspension
    Cinch Buckle
    I have a ridgeline organizer and love it. At night I keep my headlamp, pocket knife, chapstick, cell phone in it.
    I do wish i had a peak shelf. I would keep clothes and such there as needed.
    No trees were killed in the sending of this message. However a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Hammock
    DH Sparrow, BBXLC, HH Expedition
    Tarp
    SLD WH / SMR Nube
    Insulation
    HG Inc/Burrow
    Suspension
    SMR EZslings
    In my Sparrow, I have a ridgeline organizer, an open top pocket, a zipper top pocket and a peak shelf. Overkill, I know, but I live in it for several months at a time. In the ridgeline organizer, I keep a beenie for when nights get a little chilly, and a headlamp, which serves as my hands free light through the mesh. In the open top pocket, I keep 2 phones. My personal IPhone and a burner phone I use overseas, plus a wifi hotspot when I'm using that. In the zip top pocket, my iPad Pro 12.9" fits perfectly, and I can tuck it between the layers when not in use. The peak shelf, I keep a woobie in there for night that dip down lower than my top quilt can handle, and a jacket if it's winter time. Yup, pretty much a hanging tent for me lol.

• + New Posts