Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by michigandave View Post
    I find it ironic that there are numerous subforums for not so active vendors or vendors with poor customer service and yet it's so difficult to get one established for a vendor like SLD. He does great work, ships fast and excels at one on one customer communication.
    This was also interesting to me when I first found the forums. Some of those vendor sub-forums are dead. I would love to see Jared get the representation here as he seems to really embody what we love in a cottage vendor. However, I also respect his philosophy of business. We'll see what happens.

Hammock
    SLD Trail Lair
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Edge
    Insulation
    Wooki UQ; LL/HG TQ
    Suspension
    CL w/ Tensa 4

https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/...d.php?t=136262

I find it ironic that there are numerous subforums for not so active vendors or vendors with poor customer service and yet it's so difficult to get one established for a vendor like SLD. He does great work, ships fast and excels at one on one customer communication.

Sent from my LG-H740 using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by hewittdallas View Post
    This was also interesting to me when I first found the forums. Some of those vendor sub-forums are dead. I would love to see Jared get the representation here as he seems to really embody what we love in a cottage vendor. However, I also respect his philosophy of business. We'll see what happens.

I agree. There really should be an SLD sub-forum.

Hammock
    Raven, SLD Streamliner
    Tarp
    Hanger11WB,WntrHvn
    Insulation
    HG,UGQ,JrB
    Suspension
    UCR's
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by fsupaintball View Post
    I emailed him and suggested that he ask for SLD to get their own subforum in the manufacturer's section. But he says he doesn't advertise or promote; his work is referral and repeat customers. "If they want to start a subforum, they can, but I won't be the one to request it."

I mean, I get it, it's one more thing to have to check on or do, and I think those forums are made for people to interact with the manufacturers, which he might not participate in. Guess he likes to keep things low key.
    I've been trying to accomplish the same thing. I've been dealing with Jared since he first started out and wanted the subforum for the purpose of organizing the various threads. Jared keeps a low profile and that's fine...it's how he rolls! I really don't think the mods will ever consider the subforum until they see a post from Jared. Here's the link to the thread I started to get the subforum:

https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/...d.php?t=136262

Oh, and here's the link to my SLD 101 Guide to Posts that I put together to make it easier to find things, since the SLD posts are spread all over:
    https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/...d.php?t=129307

Sent from my LG-H740 using Tapatalk
    So the man himself has no interest in a subforum, yet you see the need to pursue the matter??? It's not that difficult to search the forum (already have them in the SLD 101...), then bookmark the threads if you feel the need.

Respect what the man wants!!

Quote Originally Posted by goobie View Post
    So the man himself has no interest in a subforum, yet you see the need to pursue the matter??? It's not that difficult to search the forum (already have them in the SLD 101...), then bookmark the threads if you feel the need.

If he didn't want a subforum, that would be a totally different thing. Instead, I understand it that Jared just won't ask or advocate for one, and I respect that. Honestly, he seems to be doing well and the only people who probably miss out are other users here. You have to do quite a bit more digging to find the vendors not located in the subforums.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Hammock
    SLD Trail Lair/WB XLC
    Tarp
    SLD Trail Haven
    Insulation
    HG, WB and WL
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by goobie View Post

Jared isn't active on the forums and therefore doesn't seem to have an opinion one way or the other, if I'm understanding correctly. But hey, the subforums aren't for the vendors, they're for those of us who use them. A big thanks to Michigandave for creating the SLD 101 thread, but it would be even easier for newbies to the site (and us regulars) to just see a SLD subforum. It's not hard to search any vendor if so inclined, but the subforums make life much easier.

Personally I respect the mods decision and guidelines, and appreciate the time they spend keeping this place running so well. If I were to make one suggestion though, it would be to get rid of vendor subforums that are no longer seeing regular use and replace them with some, such as SLD, that are being discussed regularly. The list of vendors in the subforums isn't set in stone and listings could be added or removed as needed. Just my two cents.

Whether an SLD subforum is created or not, I won't lose any sleep over it. Nor will Jared, I'm sure.
    -Jameson
    Proud Member of the North Country Trail Association-Hiawatha Shore to Shore Chapter
    http://www.northcountrytrail.org/

Hammock
    WBBB, DH Hybird, TL
    Tarp
    Superfly, WD, TH
    Insulation
    HG Incub/Burrow
    Suspension
    web / buckles
    Jared got the material for my Trail Lair, and 3 days later I was hanging in it!
    Went outside to take a couple pics and try it out... I woke up 3 hours later.
    I really like the universal comfort, I tried orienting several different ways and had absolutely no issues getting comfy.
    I also like the wide open feel. The fabric side walls are at a perfect height so that I had a great view from all angles.
    Thanks to Simply Light Designs / Jared!

Vader Blue HEX70
    smTL.jpg
    Details
    smTLa.jpg
    smTLb.jpg
    smTLc.jpg
    The View
    smTLd.jpg

Banned
    Hammock
    Sold
    Insulation
    Varies
    Suspension
    Depends
    I must jump on the SLD Band Wagon. I have one of his hammock, it is my emergency hammock. It is also the only easy exit G.E. I have used.

I recently bought a gigantic ASym tarp from him out of Marpat, matcher my SLD hammock. I have a few other bits and pieces. The Lazy Slugs I have are great for a Warp Speed Exit...

I am a picky person, I make gear. I by SLD because their product is superior to mine.

I was shocked at how fast my ASym Tarp arrived.

I like the order process is FAST, Curtious I have always been very pleased with my purchase.
    My understanding is: Vendors gwt a subforum when their name keeps coming up in posts. So threads like this are important toward having a slot.
    I am assuming, when a company is out of favor, with no chatter it is removed.
    I think of SLD as for the inner group, you have to be in the know to utilize the very well made wares from SLD.
    Sort of like the rifle I purchased for my dad, a tiny company hand crafted rifles, I bought one for my dads 40th birthday, waited for it. Absolutely beautiful product. The company is Weatherby. My daugher now owns the rifle 45 years later.

Hammock
    Dutchware 11' netless
    Tarp
    SLD Trail Haven
    Suspension
    Myerstech dyneema
    Got my Trail Haven tarp (11' silpoly 2.0 with premium guyline package). Running it on a Dutchware ridgeline setup. Quality appears to be flawless. I ordered on Sunday and it shipped Monday.

Only thing I recommend to people is to be careful with the Titanium stakes if you get the guyline package... they bend pretty easily. Then again, they are ultralight.

EkTuE3i.jpg

• + New Posts
  • Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234