Tarp
    HG DCF-All of them
    Insulation
    HammockGear
    Suspension
    Kevlar + Beckett
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by P-Dub View Post
    Thanks Mike! I just received 2 sets of these and was wondering how the pole ends came off...
    The ends are pressed in and it's a really tight fit. I couldn't tap them out in spite of having almost every tool know to man.

I ended up using a cut off wheel on a dremmel to slice the pole at the end fitting, to relieve the tight fit. The ends are reusable, but cutting does waste about a half inch pole length, but I found no other option. I tried heating them, tapping out from the inside, pulling with pliers.
    Unlike Dutch's poles and the like, these ends do not have the eye on the male end to which the shock cord get tied. There is a very small washer through which the shock cord is threaded and knotted. The shock cord rests against ledge inside the pole created by the maie pole insert.
    Yes, my pack weighs 70lbs, but it's all light weight gear....
    Bob's brother-in-law

Hammock
    11' 1.6 Hexon
    Tarp
    D.I.Y. 12' winter
    Insulation
    cool weather
    Suspension
    Poly. S.S. Beckett
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Fickle1 View Post
    I am actually local to their warehouse but they have weird hours and I wasn't able to get there before or after work. So I paid (plus tax) them to ship the poles about 10 miles lol. They came the next day. God I am lazy sometimes.
    I got an email that they were $7 on sale. So I ordered 2 sets. $14.00 plus. I received 1 set. 2, 10 section poles. I should have got 4 , 10 section poles. I called twice and all they said was, it was a mistake and their warehouse is slow to react. Said they'll send me an e-mail. I will give them until Friday. That will be one week. A little disappointed.

Hammock
    11' 1.6 Hexon
    Tarp
    D.I.Y. 12' winter
    Insulation
    cool weather
    Suspension
    Poly. S.S. Beckett
    Images
    Unclesam's is going out of business. 50% off everything today. Not much left on their site. I guess I got 2 poles for regular price under the guise of a sale...
    Last edited by XJ35S; 02-04-2018 at 07:47.

Hammock
    Chameleon
    Tarp
    DIY (Olive Oyl)
    Insulation
    [allergic to down]
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by XJ35S View Post
    Unclesam's is going out of business. 50% off everything today. Not much left on their site. I guess I got 2 poles for regular price under the guise of a sale...
    I just looked at their site -- http://www.unclesamsretailoutlet.com/default.asp?m=0 and it looks normal to me. Even touting "See our new arrivals" on the home page.
    ?????????

Hammock
    11' 1.6 Hexon
    Tarp
    D.I.Y. 12' winter
    Insulation
    cool weather
    Suspension
    Poly. S.S. Beckett
    Images
    Yes, the site hasn't change at all. My e-mail stated $50 off going out of business sale, all sales final. If you look around there isn't much offered at their site anymore. Perhaps it is the OH store going out of business? They are the ones I deal directly with. The e-mails are generic making me think it's the whole shebang. We'll see I guess.

On a great note I got a shipping confirmation. The other set of poles will be here Wednesday. I talked to Sara on Friday and she confirmed that there was no communication with the warehouse about my shipment. I guess she kicked some butt. Very much appreciated, going to hate to see them close.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by P-Dub View Post
    I just looked at their site -- http://www.unclesamsretailoutlet.com/default.asp?m=0 and it looks normal to me. Even touting "See our new arrivals" on the home page.
    ?????????
    home page looked normal but for me none of the links seem to go anywhere, all show 0 results found.

• + New Posts
  • Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234