Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
    Hammock
    Dream Hammock
    Tarp
    UGQ
    Insulation
    UGQ
    I don't mean to say we should avoid them or write off their products. I just think we should all expect (and even demand) that vendors be up front with us.

Hammock
    Freebird, HHExUL w/zip mod
    Tarp
    HM Suite, UGQ, HG
    Insulation
    WB Yeti, 5n1 Jerry
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by PapaSmurf View Post
    I don't mean to say we should avoid them or write off their products. I just think we should all expect (and even demand) that vendors be up front with us.
    I agree.

My hunch is this is someone young and brand new to business and I'm leaning more to thinking we're seeing enthusiastic ignorance, not conniving.

I hope so anyway.
    Texas Fall Group Hang 2019

Looking back to last year to reminisce and forward to post Covid-19 hangs in 2021

Texas Hammock Hangers Facebook Group

Hammock
    1.7SL WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    HG 20° TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    Spiders/Hooks
    Have you seen the Gecko Straps by a company I think they're called Relax And Do Designs? they seem to have a small loop of webbing attached to the cinch buckle to clip carabiners to so that you dont have to switch out your carabiners for buckles. I used a pair once and they made the process even simpler. No more threading webbing.
    Yeah, that might be enthusiastic ignorance, but it's also undeniably conniving. Rough intro to your most ardent potential customer base.

Hammock
    Freebird, HHExUL w/zip mod
    Tarp
    HM Suite, UGQ, HG
    Insulation
    WB Yeti, 5n1 Jerry
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ufdigga View Post
    Yeah, that might be enthusiastic ignorance, but it's also undeniably conniving. Rough intro to your most ardent potential customer base.
    No argument on "Rough intro".

Too bad on all counts.

I still like Whoopies.
    Texas Fall Group Hang 2019

Looking back to last year to reminisce and forward to post Covid-19 hangs in 2021

Texas Hammock Hangers Facebook Group

Have you seen the Gecko Straps by a company I think they're called Relax And Do Designs? they seem to have a small loop of webbing attached to the cinch buckle to clip carabiners to so that you dont have to switch out your carabiners for buckles. I used a pair once and they made the process even simpler. No more threading webbing.
    Quote Originally Posted by ufdigga View Post
    Not an innocent mistake. His wording was chosen to be deceiving.
    And no response.
    I collect vintage camp stoves.
    I roast coffee at home.

Hammock
    Blackbird 1.7 double
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    UGQs ZEPPELIN
    Suspension
    Dutch Clips
    Images
    Tried cinch buckle and didn't like it. Tore up my straps.
    Bet you were using soft straps. I find a stiff strap does better with cinch buckles.
    I am still 18 but with 52 years of experience !

Hammock
    WB RR, DIY Bridge (Dutch Kit)
    Tarp
    Kammok Glider
    Insulation
    DIY TQ, DIY BQ
    Suspension
    Whoopsie Slings
    I started with carabiners and tree straps with loops. They worked but weren't infinitely adjustable and heavier so I switched.

I went to whoopies and they seemed to work and were much lighter and adjustable but I learned of something else.

I went to UCRs which I liked better but I had two different UCS slip and I swear I'm doing everything right so I got something else.

I bought a WBRR which came with cinch buckles which I'm currently using. Haven't had a problem yet with them but they are very new to me.

I'm thinking about going back to a simple strap without loops and a marlin spike. Really light. Infinitely adjustable (although not quickly). Never let me down. If not that then a whoopie.

Hammock
    SLD Trail Lar
    Tarp
    HG DCF w/ doors
    Insulation
    CRO
    Suspension
    Dutchware,MyersTec
    I started out using tree straps with a whoopie using the Phantom Grappler (a cont loop spliced onto the adjustable side of the whoopie, fixed side then attaches to the hammock's continuous loop-- I do this using an evo knot).

I've found that since I'm only about 5' tall, I don't need all of the distance that 10ft straps and 6ft whoopies give me, so I've started using a becket hitch on one side and the phantom grappler on the other, which still allows a little more ease in adjustments than tying and retying the hitch.

My suspicion is that I'll likely start using the becket hitch on both ends and just carrying whoopies and toggles to use if and when I need the added length, even though that will likely mean I'll need a step ladder to get my tree straps high enough.

Hammock
    DIY 1.6 oz HyperD XL
    Insulation
    New River long
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images
    I've seen both cinch bugs and beetle buckles both mentioned on this thread. I'm not sure I know what the difference is.

Hammock
    Wildhorn, Outpost II
    Suspension
    Lightspeed straps
    My wife uses whoopie slings on her hammock. One complaint is when the tree spacing is too close. I took a 6' length of 7/64th Amsteel, tied the ends together and then started tying stopper knots about every 3 to 3.5". I then slipknotted the loop end next to where the whoopie sling attaches to the gathering loop at each end of the hammock (also Amsteel). When the trees are too close together to use the sling, she just simply uses the multi looped/knotted line with a soft shackle attaching it to her 6' mule tape tree straps. It weighs nothing and takes up no space, yet it solved a frustrating problem she was having.

• + New Posts
  • Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast