Hammock
    WBBB RR DBL 1.1 / DIY Multicam SL
    Tarp
    Superfly/HG CF
    Insulation
    Downy Goodness
    Suspension
    Whoopie/Dutch Clip

NEHHA OFFICIAL FALL HANG MA > Mohawk St Forest > Sept 29-Oct 1st.

Just putting this out there. Stay tuned for more info as it comes available.

The location may change to the Chesterfield Scout reservation if my reservations there come through. Either way we have the dates set.

This is also going to be skills learning heavy weekend. I am working on a schedule and the specific skills and levels to be taught at this Hang. This will be determined by the teachers I can put together, based upon the feed back of the poll I posted up earlier this year.

As soon as I get everything together I will post the itinerary up so everyone can see what will be happening and any specific gear needed for those skills. If you have any questions or you are interested in helping the course, please PM me and we can talk further.

Tim

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...L2sN4504nP2IOg
    Last edited by Nighthauk; 09-13-2017 at 11:49.
    Husband, Father, and Friend.
    Scout Master and Cub Master for Troop/Pack 705 of
    Chesterfield

Hammock
    Chameleon
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    HG 20 deg UQ, TQ
    Suspension
    webbing
    Way to go Tim! Don't let any grass grow under those wheels. Thanks for the heads up so we can all reserve the time off.

Hammock
    Dream Hammock Sparrow Dragon
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG Burrow/Phoenix
    Suspension
    Dutch Woppie Hooks
    My wife Susan AKA Capricorn, Robyn AKA The Foxy Lady and I might all actually be able to make it.

We will be testing the "camping/hammocking waters" this spring and summer. If our little lady is good with the outdoors then I think we will be able to make it.

Hammock
    WBBB; WBRR; WBXLC;HH Exped
    Tarp
    Superfly; JRB Ulti
    Insulation
    HG TQ&UQ; AHE; WB
    Suspension
    Whoopies&Dutchware
    Images
    NEHHA started at Mohawk State Forest! We elected the first on President there (after a round of Habanero spiced Vodka as I recall). Acres and acres of perfectly spaced trees!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Live Purposefully; Dare Greatly; Land Gently

If you're going to do something wrong, go for it! - Beryl G.

"Never knock on Death's door - just ring the bell and run. He hates that!"

Hammock
    Chameleon
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    HG 20 deg UQ, TQ
    Suspension
    webbing
    Quote Originally Posted by SkyPainter View Post
    NEHHA started at Mohawk State Forest! We elected the first on President there (after a round of Habanero spiced Vodka as I recall). Acres and acres of perfectly spaced trees!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Surprised you could remember anything after a round of Habanero spiced Vodka!

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    HG
    Insulation
    UGQ & DIY
    Suspension
    Webbing
    This sounds fun and interesting! I'm still pretty new to this site and I am rather clueless. If anyone is willing to help a girl out and give a brief description of what this is I would greatly appreciate it.

Hammock
    WBBB RR DBL 1.1 / DIY Multicam SL
    Tarp
    Superfly/HG CF
    Insulation
    Downy Goodness
    Suspension
    Whoopie/Dutch Clip
    Hmmmmm. What this is.....????? To be short. This is a great time where crazy like minded hammock camping people gather to have fun, enjoy good conversations, excellent food and some fun good hearted shenanigans.

It is family oriented event with kids roaming around having a great time outside with good hearted folks.

Specifically this particular event will have some training on different outside skills that will help us enjoy our time outside more. If you have any other questions please feel free to ask. I or someone else will answer them for you.

Tim

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Husband, Father, and Friend.
    Scout Master and Cub Master for Troop/Pack 705 of
    Chesterfield

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    HG
    Insulation
    UGQ & DIY
    Suspension
    Webbing
    Quote Originally Posted by Nighthauk View Post
    Hmmmmm. What this is.....????? To be short. This is a great time where crazy like minded hammock camping people gather to have fun, enjoy good conversations, excellent food and some fun good hearted shenanigans.
    This sounds like something I might just have to go to! Of course, if my schedule agrees with me. I'm looking forward to here more info as the date approaches.

Hammock
    Dream Hammock Sparrow Dragon
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG Burrow/Phoenix
    Suspension
    Dutch Woppie Hooks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fizzbee View Post
    This sounds like something I might just have to go to! Of course, if my schedule agrees with me. I'm looking forward to here more info as the date approaches.
    Group hangs like this are also a great way to see different set up ideas (an ever evolving process for me), different types of hammocks, insulation, tarps, ways to cook doughnuts in the wild (oh yeah Tim, Time To Make The Doughnuts).

I was at my first official NEHHA event this past weekend, had a great time and made some new friends.

Hope you can make this, and hope I can too...

Quote Originally Posted by Fizzbee View Post
    This sounds fun and interesting! I'm still pretty new to this site and I am rather clueless. If anyone is willing to help a girl out and give a brief description of what this is I would greatly appreciate it.
    I'd add to the descriptions from others: I went to my first hang last summer and never once felt uncomfortable as a woman there alone. This is a great group that is very welcoming.

Also, I read your intro and wanted to say that I initially spent many nights using my sleeping bag as insulation. I zipped it around the hammock like a burrito and cinched the head end. It was not as comfortable as using an underquilt because you can't lie on a good diagonal, but I definitely slept warmer than I would have if I'd had it inside the hammock. I have a hybrid bag, so the foot end is not as narrow as a mummy but also not rectangular. I don't know how well a mummy bag would work.

Hope to see you soon!
    Laura

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast