Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    USGI
    Suspension
    ENO Atlas Straps

Clark Mark 2 Hybrid

Ok so here goes:

I have a Hennessey Asym zip and Eno Doublenest as well as a Warbonnet Superfly.

I'm looking to buy the Clark Mark 2 because of the ground bivy option but of course I have some questions:

1) How is it gathered on the ends? Like an ENO where I can clip a carabiner to the end and run my atlas straps to it?

2) How comfortable is it? On both ground and air?

3) Can I sleep Brazilian in it?

4) Would my Superfly cover it or would it be too small?

5) Are there any other durable air/ground hammocks on the market?

I have one (early review here: https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/...=1#post1493749) so I'll do my best to answer your questions.

1) It's gathered by passing a cord through a channel, not just whipped around the ends. I've replaced the stock cord with whoopies, and did so by tying the fixed-loop end of the whoopie to the end of the stock cord and pulling it through. If I were going your route I'd probably take out the stock suspension and pass a short length of strong cord through the channel, knot it into a loop, then attach the carabiners to that.

2) Super comfortable, imho. I have a Big Agnes bag, and just use a standard thermarest prolite pad in the back sleeve, so I don't have to fiddle much. No TQ or UQ, because I haven't had the money to invest in those yet. Super roomy inside. Only drawback is no interior pockets, so I'm probably going to buy a gear loft soon. This last trip I installed a ridgeline in the interior between a couple of fabric loops they provide on the top, and used it to dry my socks and hang my phone from it. Worked great; I only wish I'd thought of it sooner.

3) I have no idea what this means. Naked, maybe? Sure, why not. The bottom of the hammock is waterproofed to make a footprint unnecessary, so it may not be as soft and comfy as another hammock, but there's no reason why you couldn't.

4) I'd ask Clark directly about this. When I was thinking about buying a separate tarp for it, they said I'd need the Vertex tarp for complete coverage, so I'd compare the dimensions on the Vertex with the Superfly, and email them directly if you have any specific questions. I've found their customer service really great so far.

5) None that I've seen. If you find one, let me know.

Hammock
    Clark Mark 2 Hybrid
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    USGI
    Suspension
    ENO Atlas Straps
    So the end is much like the Hennessy? If I was to get amsteel (whoopie material) loops and run through the ends, do you think it would degrade the ends and fray the material over time?

I've never seen a Hennessey firsthand, so I can't speak to that. But I've got amsteel whoopies running through the channels of mine and have used it that way for a couple of years with no problems.

Hammock
    Clark Mark 2 Hybrid
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    USGI
    Suspension
    ENO Atlas Straps
    Have you had the chance to hang overnight in it? I live in an area with HIGH humidity so I can understand getting a bit sticky in the daytime but at night does ANY air seep inside through the bottom?

Quote Originally Posted by Junior0321 View Post
    Have you had the chance to hang overnight in it? I live in an area with HIGH humidity so I can understand getting a bit sticky in the daytime but at night does ANY air seep inside through the bottom?

Quite a few times, but where I camp the overnight temps are never above about 70F, so I don't have much knowledge for how it'll sleep in hot humid weather. The bottom is waterproofed, as I mentioned, so I wouldn't count on any air at all getting through that fabric. However, the bugnet opens up real nice and wide and you get plenty of air circulation from the top and sides, so I don't think it'd be too much of a problem. If it's super hot and sticky, maybe bring a top sheet or light blanket in the hammock with you to put between you and the fabric so you don't get swampy laying directly on it.

• + New Posts