Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Hammock
    Amok Draumr

Newbie looking for tarp help for 90 degree / amok

As an introduction, I am new to the forums and hammock camping. I have tried to sleep in some of the gathered end hammocks, but just couldn't get a good nights sleep. In researching, I read about the AMOK Dramur and the Hammock Tent 90. I Purchased the AMOK and got a great nights sleep in it this weekend (set up in house). I am looking to do some backpack as well as kayak camping in the near future with my son, so I also purchased the Hammock Tent 90 Gamma UL version. It has not arrived yet.

I think that we will enjoy both of these hammocks as my son has slept in the AMOK every night since it arrived. We have the pads and bags already (may go with a top quilt some day, but for now, will just use the mummy bags that we already own).

I am now in the market for a tarp. Which is the main purpose of this thread. I would like to find a resonabally priced tarp with doors that will work with both the AMOK and the Hammock Tent 90.

By the size, it looks like the Warbonnet Ground Tarp will work, but I do not know much about tarps. Please let me know if that tarp will work, or if you know of a similar tarp that will (I will need 2 of them). I would like to get an easy setup with snake skins and guy lines (I think that is what they are called). If I were to go with this setup, what type of rigging would I need to set up the tarp? The Warbonnet GT doesn't come with anything other than the tarp. Also, what size snake skins should I get? Info on where to get the items would be helpful too.

TLDR
    Please help me find a complete tarp setup with doors and snake skins that will work with a 90 degree Hammock Tent and AMOK Dramur.

Thanks!

Hammock
    Amok Draumr 3.0
    Tarp
    Amok
    Insulation
    Synmat 9 LW
    Suspension
    cinch buckles
    talk to jared at Simply light designs

the tarp he's come up with for the amok/90 degree is just spectacular

http://www.simplylightdesigns.com/ca...roducts_id/560

the warbonnet ground tarp also looks like a great fit, and was what I was eyeballing before I saw the SLD Winter Haven

Hammock
    tablecloth for now
    Tarp
    Harbor Freight
    Insulation
    Blue Foam
    Suspension
    Web & Mule Tape
    Looks like from their website the Amok requires 106"/270cm (8' 10" ) by 130"/330cm (10' 10") though they cut on a taper and I'm just taking maximum listed dimensions.

As for choosing a tarp for other hammocks - I found this helpful
    https://theultimatehang.com/2012/09/...for-a-hammock/

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Warbonnet Superfly covers the Amok.
    Shug

Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Hammock
    Hammock Tent/SLD Trail Lair
    Tarp
    Tarptent/Thunderfl
    Insulation
    EE
    Suspension
    Kevlar/B. Hitch
    I ha e both of these hammocks too. I plan on selling the amok though if you need another.

I'm a new hammocker too and couldn't get the GT to cover as well as I hoped. I think it was a combination of inexperience and the fact that the 90degree requires the tarp to be pretty high up the tree.

I got the sld tarp mentioned above and it is absolutely perfect for either of your hammocks. I can't imagine a better setup if you're looking for doors. Jared is very approachable and does incredible work. Highly recommended!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Hammock
    Amok Draumr
    Thanks all! I will look into your suggestions. I love how helpful everyone is on the forums.

Hammock
    Hammocktent 90*, Sparrow, WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    light & waterproof
    Insulation
    Ongoing experiment
    Suspension
    Ongoing experiment
    Since you have just laid out some substantial cash for a couple of expensive hammocks (at least for one of my meager means) you can get by with a 9' x 12' tarp until you are able to sell a kid or two for one of the custom made one or the after market vendor tarps.

Lukes90DegreeHammockMod2_4.jpg

Hammock
    Amok Draumr
    Quote Originally Posted by OlTrailDog View Post
    Since you have just laid out some substantial cash for a couple of expensive hammocks (at least for one of my meager means) you can get by with a 9' x 12' tarp until you are able to sell a kid or two for one of the custom made one or the after market vendor tarps.

Lukes90DegreeHammockMod2_4.jpg
    LOL I may need to do just that. My tax return didn't stretch as far as I thought it would . Where did you get your 9x12?

Hammock
    WB RR, Amok, GammaUL
    Tarp
    SLD Custom, WB SF
    Insulation
    Asst'd
    Suspension
    Spiders on webbing
    Images
    IMG_0330.jpg

Welcome awalkmom. I will vouch for the WB GT tarp. I have used it for a couple of years with the Amok, and more recently with the Gamma UL. I will say it appears to be a little tighter than the SLD Winter Haven (Jimswms, you could have a party in there ), but I have used it in very windy, rainy, and snowy conditions with no problem. It is a little different set up with the Gamma UL. I actually set my tarp lines below the tree straps.

Hammock
    Hammock Tent/SLD Trail Lair
    Tarp
    Tarptent/Thunderfl
    Insulation
    EE
    Suspension
    Kevlar/B. Hitch
    Quote Originally Posted by kghiker View Post
    IMG_0330.jpg

Welcome awalkmom. I will vouch for the WB GT tarp. I have used it for a couple of years with the Amok, and more recently with the Gamma UL. I will say it appears to be a little tighter than the SLD Winter Haven (Jimswms, you could have a party in there ), but I have used it in very windy, rainy, and snowy conditions with no problem. It is a little different set up with the Gamma UL. I actually set my tarp lines below the tree straps.
    It's basically the same size as the GT just 12'wide, rather than 10. You should see it in porch mode��

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast