Tarp
    11' HG Cuben
    Insulation
    Phoenix + EE Rev
    Suspension
    WS+Soft Shackle
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Secondmouse View Post
    a fold and a fold and a slippery half-hitch keeps them off the ground and makes a water break...
    Works with WS system too. For whoopies I just wrap them around the tree straps to keep everything tidy when packed. For my buckle suspensions I just rubber band them before they go in the hammock stuff sack. If I'm unlucky and the band breaks on a trip they just get stuffed in though!

Nice system though - velcro like this is what I use for a wallet on the trail actually (in a ziploc too)!
    The want of wandering, and a welcomed whimsy.

Hammock
    WalhallaCustom11'
    Tarp
    Walhalla Winter
    Insulation
    LL0°,CRO20°
    Suspension
    CL's/Buckles/Etc
    Very nice idea! I might just need to do this after this weekend at the NEHHA hang! I have 12' straps so they hang on the ground usually. This would be nice to have for containment.
    www.wildcherrywoodworks.com (my business)
    www.mainechopstick.com (my other business)
    www.4alloutdoors.org (a friend's site I do reviews for)
    www.curlymaplechronicles.blogspot.com (my personal blog)

This reminds me of Computer wire management. The more you organize, tie and make neat, the more PITA it is to undo it all.

Regardless, I will be using velcro myself as I dive into the world of Hammocking

Hammock
    Chameleon clone
    Tarp
    Cowboy Badlander
    Suspension
    WB Cinch Buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Pennsy Camp and Canoe View Post
    doh, I missed the point and ran out and made a video... I thought you meant what do you do with the excess strap that hangs down...

I gather mine up so I don't trip on it. It also acts as my water break and drip line...
    That is indeed an excellent answer to a question I wasn’t asking, lol… I think I’ll use it anyway though!

Quote Originally Posted by Pennsy Camp and Canoe View Post
    what do you mean by this? Pictures? I just stuff my straps back in the zip-lock bag they came in lol was thinking of making a couple small sacks to keep them in (the baggies are getting rough). I feel like I've missed something...
    The OCD part of my brain likes to keep my straps wrapped neatly when they're not in use—partially for aesthetic reasons but also so I can deploy them without dealing with lots of twists and knots (same reason I wrap my earbuds up and don’t just shove them in my bag). The Dutch buckle has a nifty shock cord loop seemingly designed for this purpose. Since I was no longer using the Dutch buckle, I needed something to fulfill the same function. Hence, the velcro. I don't use the ziplock bags because I know I'd lose them my first time out. I had thought about making some round sacks like jellyfish uses, but velcro seemed at least somewhat lighter and quicker to implement.

dutchbuckle1.png

Quote Originally Posted by SectionHiker View Post
    This reminds me of Computer wire management. The more you organize, tie and make neat, the more PITA it is to undo it all.
    I hear what you’re saying. I definitely have a tendency to over-complicate things sometimes—but really, how much easier of a system can you get than velcro? They put it on toddlers’ sneakers for crying out loud, lol.
    "Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates." -Mark Twain

Hammock
    Simply Light Designs Trail Lair
    Tarp
    Warbonnet SuperFly
    Insulation
    AHE TQ / KAQ UQ
    Suspension
    Beetles / Straps
    Great ideas. Thanks for sharing

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123