SuperiorGear or Dutch netless
    Tarp
    custom pentagon
    Insulation
    down hammock or UQ
    Suspension
    Dutch Mantis
    Images
    I know what I would've done, and it involves vice grips and a rusty knife. But, yeah, I'm kindof a dog person, so...
    "I wonder if anyone else has an ear so tuned and sharpened as I have, to detect the music, not of the spheres, but of earth, subtleties of major and minor chord that the wind strikes upon the tree branches. Have you ever heard the earth breathe... ?"
    - Kate Chopin

Hammock
    Amok,Clark NX270, ENO junglenest
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Wooki
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Don't blame the animals, we're suppose to be the smart ones.But to be truthful I'm rethinking my hanging in the yard. I have 4 cats, thanks to ignorance of neighbors who moved and abandoned their cats, that have adopted my yard as home. I put straw boxes out for in the winter and feed them daily. Two are declawed and two aren't. I've seen them laying under my tarp for shade or to get out of the rain. Until this thread I never even thought of them climbing on my tarps. I love my animals but everything has it's limit!

Hammock
    My own design
    Tarp
    Made myself
    Insulation
    The one I made
    Suspension
    Yup, made ‘em
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Chesapeake View Post
    Lol thanks, it could have been "Chessie" , the Lock Ness monsters distant, hayseed, Maryland cousin lol. No joke people, that's actually a thing. You grew up here jelly, have you ever seen the red-necked beast? Lol. If I had a cat and it decided to do parkour on my tarp, it would have learned how to swim with a quickness. Although, dogs ( and wives for that matter) aren't much better.... My wife just told me that she let ours out early Sunday morning while I was still out in my rig sleeping and he made a b-line for the staked down corner of my Snugpak tarp and proceeded to lift a leg. She said she didn't want to yell at him and wake me up so she just let him do it..... Maybe its her that needs a swim lesson and not the dog? �� lol jk. So I definitely feel your pain about the cat and tarp! I think my dog peeing on my tarp is karma coming back at me though.... My first wife rescued a kitten and one night after she had went to bed I was in the LR studying when I heard a horrific scream. It was my wife, her precious kitty had gotten up on the bed and decided to use her as a litter box and sprayed all over her! I couldn't help myself and busted out laughing while she was crying and dripping with kittie pee lmao. Karma is a b#@*h !!!!!
    I always believed that Chessie was real. When my dad was a teen a 15+ foot sturgeon washed ashore just south of the dam, and folks seemed to think that this is where the legend of Chessie emerged, but I believe that she is real!!!

Whatever bit into your hammock may be distantly related to whatever it was that dragged my shoes into the rain last month.
    I sew things on youtube.
    I don’t sew on commission, so please don’t ask. Thanks.

Hammock
    HG,Dutch,XLC ,RR
    Tarp
    Superfly, AH hex,
    Insulation
    HG, Snugpak, SLD
    Suspension
    Whoopie Ti toggle
    Images
    Yeah, on the north side of the dam there have been reports of catfish as big as small cars! Well, that's what my grandfather who was a commercial fisherman back in the day used to tell me when I was a kid anyway. I've seen some crazy things living here, so I guess there's always that possibility!
    " The best pace is a suicide pace, and today looks like a good day to die." ~ Steve Prefontaine

Hammock
    My own design
    Tarp
    Made myself
    Insulation
    The one I made
    Suspension
    Yup, made ‘em
    Images
    Yeah, on the north side of the dam there have been reports of catfish as big as small cars! Well, that's what my grandfather who was a commercial fisherman back in the day used to tell me when I was a kid anyway. I've seen some crazy things living here, so I guess there's always that possibility!
    I was gillnetting with Maryland Fisheries Service a few years back on the Potomac and we caught a catfish so big that I screamed. It took 2 burly guys all they could do to haul it into the boat and then chuck it back in the water. One of those things could swallow me whole. Don't hang your hammock too close to the water.

https://youtu.be/DlcHLTenioA

Also, snakeheads...
    I sew things on youtube.

Hammock
    WalhallaCustom11'
    Tarp
    Walhalla Winter
    Insulation
    LL0°,CRO20°
    Suspension
    CL's/Buckles/Etc
    What was up with the guy hugging three giant catfish with only his skivvies on anyways???? That was disturbing. Lol!

We call them hornpout up in these parts. They don't get that big that I know of. It would be sweet to see them grab a dump duck (seagull) and drag it under though...

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
    www.wildcherrywoodworks.com (my business)
    www.mainechopstick.com (my other business)
    www.4alloutdoors.org (a friend's site I do reviews for)
    www.curlymaplechronicles.blogspot.com (my personal blog)

Hammock
    Varies
    Tarp
    GargoyleGear Ogee
    Insulation
    UQ-varies w/season
    Suspension
    Dutchgear
    Quote Originally Posted by curlymaple42 View Post
    What was up with the guy hugging three giant catfish with only his skivvies on anyways???? That was disturbing. Lol!

We call them hornpout up in these parts. They don't get that big that I know of. It would be sweet to see them grab a dump duck (seagull) and drag it under though...

I'm holding out hope for catfish that pick off small, neurotic, yapping dogs.
    Dave

"Loneliness is the poverty of self; solitude is the richness of self."~~~May Sarton

Hammock
    My own design
    Tarp
    Made myself
    Insulation
    The one I made
    Suspension
    Yup, made ‘em
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by curlymaple42 View Post

This guy has the whole fish-hugging thing confused. You are supposed to hug them with your mind, not with your hands. hahahaha
    I sew things on youtube.

Hammock
    Varies
    Tarp
    GargoyleGear Ogee
    Insulation
    UQ-varies w/season
    Suspension
    Dutchgear
    Many shelters prohibit declawing cats because that would be mutilating them. Fair enough. But...what is castration, then? One of my favorite paradoxes.
    Dave

"Loneliness is the poverty of self; solitude is the richness of self."~~~May Sarton

Hammock
    My own design
    Tarp
    Made myself
    Insulation
    The one I made
    Suspension
    Yup, made ‘em
    Images
    http://peopleoflancaster.com/the-ann...uehanna-river/

some people actually believed it.
    bwahahaha
    I sew things on youtube.

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast