HH Ultralight Explorer
    Tarp
    DIY Silpoly Hex
    Insulation
    JRB TQ, Diy UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie Hooks
    Images
    I JUST went through this last week with my coyote brown silpoly DIY tarp.

Miss Jasmine likes to attack bedsheets and strings, so the tarp was irresistible.

I had to silicone up the 20 or so pinholes she made when she finally climbed the sides while the tarp was pitched.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Hammock
    Snep Hammock, about 12 DIY's, etc.
    Tarp
    OneTigris Tiegman
    Insulation
    HG & HangTight
    Suspension
    Varies
    Quote Originally Posted by Karla "with a k" View Post
    Another reason to declaw cats!
    I'm sure you won't mind my yanking the ends of your fingers off with a pair of pliers... You could scratch me with the nails you know and that might just be inconvenient.
    _____
    Forest Fires cause Smoky Bears

"For the ultimate light weight rig just sleep on the ground in the clothes you are wearing!"

Hammock
    HH Explorer Asym & Safari
    Quote Originally Posted by Karla "with a k" View Post
    Another reason to declaw cats!
    Not my style. Our other cat is declawed but he arrived that way.
    Quote Originally Posted by curlymaple42 View Post
    I trim our cat's claws. He gets a treat after and loves it!

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
    Our cat is an outdoor/ indoors cat. We live in the country with lots of foxes. I don't want to remove his ability to defend himself or climb.
    Although. ......
    Quote Originally Posted by Chesapeake View Post
    You've got bad luck like I do... This past fall I had either a opossum or raccoon ,I couldn't tell which because it was dark and I only saw its evil, pointy, demon teeth as it lunged up from under my hammock and tried to bite my face off. Lucky ( or unlucky) for me I was zipped inside my XLC and the net stopped the evil hell creature from de-noseing me. It left holes in my net and hammock body, nasty mouth slime, hair and bits of its last hammockers errr meal, oozing from it, then slipped back into the eather to terrorize another innocent victim with it's needle like demon fangs and piercing shrieks in the night.... Thank god for no-seeum, had those holes been any bigger.... Lol
    WOW. Scary scene!
    Quote Originally Posted by dudeman_atl View Post
    I JUST went through this last week with my coyote brown silpoly DIY tarp.

Miss Jasmine likes to attack bedsheets and strings, so the tarp was irresistible.

I had to silicone up the 20 or so pinholes she made when she finally climbed the sides while the tarp was pitched.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
    Looks strikingly similar. ...

Bob
    Last edited by bikerbobber; 04-25-2017 at 20:03.
    I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. ~Thomas Edison

Hammock
    My own design
    Tarp
    Made myself
    Insulation
    The one I made
    Suspension
    Yup, made ‘em
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Chesapeake View Post
    You've got bad luck like I do... This past fall I had either a opossum or raccoon ,I couldn't tell which because it was dark and I only saw its evil, pointy, demon teeth as it lunged up from under my hammock and tried to bite my face off. Lucky ( or unlucky) for me I was zipped inside my XLC and the net stopped the evil hell creature from de-noseing me. It left holes in my net and hammock body, nasty mouth slime, hair and bits of its last hammockers errr meal, oozing from it, then slipped back into the eather to terrorize another innocent victim with it's needle like demon fangs and piercing shrieks in the night.... Thank god for no-seeum, had those holes been any bigger.... Lol
    Chesapeake, you have the most harrowing stories.

My money is on a chupacabra.
    I sew things on youtube.
    I don’t sew on commission, so please don’t ask. Thanks.

Banned
    Hammock
    Sold
    Insulation
    Varies
    Suspension
    Depends
    Kitties and dedicates, not a good match. My cats have radar for things I do not want them to initiate. I do not thread inject at home, because my kitty will find a way to supervise my project.

Look over the damage, I magnify it to see if there is a lot of misalignment of the threads. Use the famouse Tenacious Tape or just the thinned silicone whichever seems best for the damage.

My sweet half fearel cat, for some unknown reason attacked my hand, chewed on me she did. My hand swelled immediately, my wide metal bracelet kept her claws from ripping my wrist open. Sweet kitty is now a outdoor kitty, she comes in at night for love and dinner. Things we do for love of our pets.
    Last edited by IRONFISH45; 04-26-2017 at 14:09.

Hammock
    Here is the offender, looking all innocent.
    Named DC "Dumb Cat".
    More respectible pet in the background.

Bob

Hammock
    Ol' ugly
    Tarp
    Hanger12/ DIYasym
    Insulation
    Bandit/Pheonix
    Suspension
    Whoopie sling
    My cat was seriously eyeing my hammock while laid out on the floor for measuring. Went to get a soap stone from my sewing kit turn around and he was planted on it. When I shook my finger at him he just rolled over and rubbed his back on it, thank goodness. He hasn't managed to get a hold of any of my projects yet, but he's certainly been staring hard.

I think even if he did get one, no biggie, I'd still love him, might be really frustrated, but I'd love him none the less.
    Where the trail ends the adventure begins!

Hammock
    HH Ultralight Explorer
    Tarp
    DIY Silpoly Hex
    Insulation
    JRB TQ, Diy UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie Hooks
    Images
    Maybe allowing our kitties to rub on our gear while in "predator mode" is a good thing.

Hammock
    Quote Originally Posted by IRONFISH45 View Post
    Kitties and delicates, not a good match. My cats have radar for things I do not want them to initiate. I do not thread inject at home, because my kitty will find a way to supervise my project.

Look over the damage, I magnify it to see if there is a lot of misalignment of the threads. Use the famouse Tenacious Tape or just the thinned silicone whichever seems best dor the damage.

My sweet half fearel cat, for some unknown reason attacked my hand, chewed on me she did. My hand swelled immediately, my qide bracelet kept her claws from ripping my wrist open. Sweet kitty is now a outdoor kitty, she comes in at night for love and dinner. Things we do for love of our pets.
    Another attack cat.

Quote Originally Posted by Trail Troll View Post
    My cat was seriously eyeing my hammock while laid out on the floor for measuring. Went to get a soap stone from my sewing kit turn around and he was planted on it. When I shook my finger at him he just rolled over and rubbed his back on it, thank goodness. He hasn't managed to get a hold of any of my projects yet, but he's certainly been staring hard.

I think even if he did get one, no biggie, I'd still love him, might be really frustrated, but I'd love him none the less.
    Looks evil
    Quote Originally Posted by dudeman_atl View Post
    Maybe allowing our kitties to rub on our gear while in "predator mode" is a good thing.
    How is putting holes in my tarp a "good thing"?

Bob

Hammock
    HG,Dutch,XLC ,RR
    Tarp
    Superfly, AH hex,
    Insulation
    HG, Snugpak, SLD
    Suspension
    Whoopie Ti toggle
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jellyfish View Post
    Chesapeake, you have the most harrowing stories.

My money is on a chupacabra.
    Lol thanks, it could have been "Chessie" , the Lock Ness monsters distant, hayseed, Maryland cousin lol. No joke people, that's actually a thing. You grew up here jelly, have you ever seen the red-necked beast? Lol. If I had a cat and it decided to do parkour on my tarp, it would have learned how to swim with a quickness. Although, dogs ( and wives for that matter) aren't much better.... My wife just told me that she let ours out early Sunday morning while I was still out in my rig sleeping and he made a b-line for the staked down corner of my Snugpak tarp and proceeded to lift a leg. She said she didn't want to yell at him and wake me up so she just let him do it..... Maybe its her that needs a swim lesson and not the dog? �� lol jk. So I definitely feel your pain about the cat and tarp! I think my dog peeing on my tarp is karma coming back at me though.... My first wife rescued a kitten and one night after she had went to bed I was in the LR studying when I heard a horrific scream. It was my wife, her precious kitty had gotten up on the bed and decided to use her as a litter box and sprayed all over her! I couldn't help myself and busted out laughing while she was crying and dripping with kittie pee lmao. Karma is a b#@*h !!!!!
    " The best pace is a suicide pace, and today looks like a good day to die." ~ Steve Prefontaine

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast