Warbonnet Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    12' HG DCF tarp w/
    Insulation
    Ridge Creek xl
    Suspension
    Becket Hitch

Too Quiet Outside

I know there have been threads about it being too loud outside for people to sleep well but, do any of you find it too quiet to sleep outside?

In the house at night, every bedroom has a sound machine of sort running at night. I cannot fall asleep if I cannot drown out the silence. Lol

When I camp, I often find it too quiet, even with frogs and what not carrying on all night, and often have to use a sound machine app on my phone so I can sleep.

Hammock
    DIY 11' Hexon 1.6 wide
    Tarp
    DIY 12' Hex
    Insulation
    DIY Costco TQ, UQ
    Suspension
    DIY hugs, whoopies
    There is a recent thread on here about using a fan, doubling as a white noise machine.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    12' HG DCF tarp w/
    Insulation
    Ridge Creek xl
    Suspension
    Becket Hitch
    Quote Originally Posted by DannyII View Post
    There is a recent thread on here about using a fan, doubling as a white noise machine.
    A fan would need to be quite loud to do the trick. I have a sound machine app that works well. I'm not looking for a solution, just starting a conversation since most people seem to like sleeping in silence. The thought of that scares me a little

I usually try to camp near running water if possible. I've definitely had camps that were too quiet and spend the night looking for a sound to lock on to. Or late at night you hear THE sound that sets your imagination off and sleep probably isn't going to happen. Still to this day the scariest sound I've heard ended up being a mouse. He was diddling around in the pine needles right next to my head, sounded like something much bigger. Finally woke up to my tent shaking and saw him silloutted against the moon right over my head. A little flick of the fabric and a satisfying plop in the brush some distance away kept him away for the night, although he did poop in my shoes as retribution.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Senior Member Andy "Bull" Bullock's Avatar
    Hammock
    WB ridgerunner
    Tarp
    WB cloudburst
    Insulation
    WB lynx & Costco
    Suspension
    straps+Dutch bling
    I use a noisemaker as well at home. Camping I use earplugs which makes me focus on my breathing which helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hammock
    WBBB XLC; WBRR
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Wooki UQ Mamba TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie
    The sound of coyotes yippie-kay-yaying was interesting at a hang earlier this week, but the mooing of the cows at a nearby farm put me to sleep. I could tell that the cows were closer than the coyotes so that put me at ease from camp visitors. My dogs (first time campers) seemed to respond the same way. While initially quite alert, they settled in for the night after a bit. The ambient noises of the outdoors (including far away truck traffic) are quite different than the ambient noises of the home bedroom.

Hammock
    11" 1.1 ripstop
    Tarp
    1.1 DIY 10X10
    Insulation
    HG 20* TQ, UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    I like it quite so I can hear zombies sneaking up on me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hammock
    Dutch PolyD
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG 0, 20, 40
    Suspension
    Dutch Whoopie Hook
    Images
    I've had dogs and kids sleeping with me at home for years. They can't keep me awake, and silence can't keep me awake either!

Coyotes can keep me awake at night when they get too close, and whippoorwills can be annoying.
    "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Hammock
    Warbonnet RR / BlackbirdXLC
    Tarp
    SimplyLightDesigns
    Insulation
    Lynx / LocoLibre
    Suspension
    webbing/buckles
    Images
    Ear plugs for me and I sleep like a baby.

Hammock
    Clark NX270, 11ft DH Sparrow x2
    Tarp
    WB SF, UGQ WD13
    Insulation
    Z-Liner, 0 Zeplin
    Suspension
    Whoopiex2
    the song of my people

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeee,

.. I have worked in loud area's and been around loud stuff for way to long..
    EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeee

I have to have white noise in the background or its a real bugger to fall asleep.

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeee

Thats if friend insomnia doesn't come to visit..

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeee

Tinnitus sucks

EEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

So I will use a white noise generator on my phone and earbuds while hanging thus not mess with others in camp.. I toss and turn so much in a bed I would strangle myself If I were to use earbuds while sleeping on the ground.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast