Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Seahag View Post
    Interesting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    'Tis. 'tisin't it.

Quote Originally Posted by JmBoh View Post
    huh...... Looks like a FEMA shelter of sorts. Interesting design, but my Amok is as exotic as I'm willing to get and I don't often use that any more. It is kinda cool looking though. Kinda like a suspended cottage in the woods. Unfortunate about that leaking zipper though. I'm trying to be positive here, but I'm just not feelin' it. Thanks for the video! Good to see you're out tinkering with things needing tinkered.
    Like I said, not for everyone. Especially folks on here. We are set in outr ways.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobby8126 View Post
    Good review, good looking bit of kit but not sure it'd be worth the extra weight and faff in setting up after a walk in. Horses for courses tho and I am always bias as I'm proper tight.
    The faff and glommers can be perplexing.
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Always love your videos! Thanks for taking the time and sharing!

Hammock
    SLD Tree Runner SL
    Tarp
    SLD Trail Haven
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images
    These are made not too far from where I live and I really looked hard at them before deciding to go in a different direction.

I'm looking forward to seeing the Stratos when it comes out (this summer I think). Looks like it will be an improved version of the Nube.

Thanks for the review Shug, and all of your other videos. I have learned a lot from you since I got interested in hammock camping a couple of months ago.

Hammock
    DH Raven
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    WB Yeti
    Suspension
    Dutch cinch bugs
    This was posted by Cleat Morris on FB that works for the company.....

I work with Sierra Madre Research and we actually do seam seal our Nubés. We haven't experienced this with any of our products even under constant water pressure. We are in contact with Shug to try and figure out what the issue was so we can fix it. We try to stand out in the fact that we want our products seem sealed and ready for your camping pleasure. If for some reason anyone is experiencing these issues we would love for you to contact us so we can resolve it and send you a tube of SilNet free of charge, to make sure you stay dry in any conditions. Happy hammocking! Dani Nicole we are glad to hear you enjoy your Hambunk and Nubé combo!

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Qooter View Post
    Always love your videos! Thanks for taking the time and sharing!
    I do thank ya'.

Quote Originally Posted by Alkali View Post
    These are made not too far from where I live and I really looked hard at them before deciding to go in a different direction.

I'm looking forward to seeing the Stratos when it comes out (this summer I think). Looks like it will be an improved version of the Nube.

Thanks for the review Shug, and all of your other videos. I have learned a lot from you since I got interested in hammock camping a couple of months ago.
    The Stratus will be a big step up I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Mshanger View Post
    This was posted by Cleat Morris on FB that works for the company.....

I work with Sierra Madre Research and we actually do seam seal our Nubés. We haven't experienced this with any of our products even under constant water pressure. We are in contact with Shug to try and figure out what the issue was so we can fix it. We try to stand out in the fact that we want our products seem sealed and ready for your camping pleasure. If for some reason anyone is experiencing these issues we would love for you to contact us so we can resolve it and send you a tube of SilNet free of charge, to make sure you stay dry in any conditions. Happy hammocking! Dani Nicole we are glad to hear you enjoy your Hambunk and Nubé combo!

Richard the owner got in touch with me straightaway after seeing my leak on the vide. They have never had that happen that they are aware of. Maybe just a defective one. He is sending me a bottle of Silnet and really was concerned.
    Good guy.
    I am the type that normally sean seals every thing.
    Raining right now here and so far no leaks...so I am watching.

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images

UPDATE ON LEAK.......

UPDATE ON LEAK.......
    Rained yesterday here at my home all day and I had no leaks.
    I agree with Richard on what may have happened:
    I have been running rain test after rain test on the Nubé trying to figure out what happened.
    After three days of testing I was able to reproduce your results this morning.
    My hypothesis is condensation/dew. We had a nice humid morning today and condensation/dew had formed on the ceiling and when I turned on our rain test machine the movement of the ceiling created by the rain forced the condensation to fall down the ceiling hit the seam and then continue down the mesh, I even had a small amount show up in the Gear Stash. So I believe what may have happened is high humidity or perhaps a large temperature change (between the Interior and Exterior of the product) condensation formed on the inside and the rain caused it to travel down to the seam and then follow it to the mesh. Appearing to be leaking at the seams.

I was so puzzled because I have run our rain test machine day after day and have not been able to recreate any leaks at the seam or anywhere else.

Hammock
    Ridge Runner
    Tarp
    Cloudburst
    Insulation
    Lynx, HG burra
    Suspension
    Warbonnet
    Images
    Nice little set up, for your collection. Cool video. Thanks for making it and not being afraid to go for it. I like your style. I like watching your ANAlyisis regardless of your evaluation rating you give said product. I don't think of it is pitching a sale at me, and me letting you know if I'm going bug it or no, I think of it as a great detailed review of cool, really cool gear. Regardless if I am getting one or no, I like your reviews. Thanks for taking the time out to do this amounts the many things you do. Carry on zen master
    Volcanoes and waterfalls, trees and hammocks,
    Columbia River gorge, in Benson Burner's attic.
    http://www.youtube.com/my_videos

Hammock
    DH Raven
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    WB Yeti
    Suspension
    Dutch cinch bugs
    I hope to check out the nube' and stratos this weekend at the blackjack hang just found out Richard is actually coming and bringing several of there systems

Hammock
    Dutch Chameleon, Hexon 1.0
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Fiber
    Insulation
    HG Burrow/Phoenix
    Suspension
    Whoopie
    Fiddly. Maybe too fiddly.

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Benson Burner View Post
    Nice little set up, for your collection. Cool video. Thanks for making it and not being afraid to go for it. I like your style. I like watching your ANAlyisis regardless of your evaluation rating you give said product. I don't think of it is pitching a sale at me, and me letting you know if I'm going bug it or no, I think of it as a great detailed review of cool, really cool gear. Regardless if I am getting one or no, I like your reviews. Thanks for taking the time out to do this amounts the many things you do. Carry on zen master
    It is interesting. Though I will try it on some trips I know I will go with my old tarp style as my common groove.

Quote Originally Posted by jaedee View Post
    Fiddly. Maybe too fiddly.
    Just different I would think and say.

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast