So I bought two (cheap~ish) hammocks...

One from walmart, and then the whole eno set.

I thought, since I'm new to it I should start from the bottom, and bought the equip double hammock from walmart.

It Is WONDERFUL. I can find nothing I don't like about it and it is permanently in my backyard for now. I love reaching wrapping myself in the excess, hanging half out, swinging in it... it's 12ft long I think, and I love laying perpendicular with my legs crossed. I spent last night in it.

Then, I thought that I should get either an eno set, Hennessy, or Kammok just for kicks.

They were all out of Hennessy at my REI. I ended up with an eno after hearing some negatives about Kammok's customer service, thinking they were about the same.

I HATE HATE HATE the eno!!!!!

I can't get comfortable in it... the middle entry bug net is beyond annoying... and the bug net came with no instructions, which is just a personal peeve. The straps were just fine. I just can't explain all the ways I dislike it. I was super excited too... then got in and the quick descent to dislike happened.

I plan on returning it. I really don't know why I bothered with that. It's not even worth keeping for funsies (to me).

But hey, at least now I better know what I'm looking for! Now to just go order what I want.

Hammock
    Warbonnet RR / BlackbirdXLC
    Tarp
    SimplyLightDesigns
    Insulation
    Lynx / LocoLibre
    Suspension
    webbing/buckles
    Images
    Hey, If you love that Wally World hammock then you know what they say - hang your own hang (HYOH) and hang-on!

Hammock
    Chameleon and a Ridge Runner
    Tarp
    UGQ WD 12'
    Insulation
    downy goodness
    Suspension
    cinch buckles
    Images
    I agree with TrailSlug. If it's comfy, go with it!!
    “I am losing precious days. I am degenerating into a machine for making money. I am learning nothing in this trivial world of men. I must break away and get out into the mountains to learn the news”
    ― John Muir

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    DIY Winter 12
    Insulation
    HG Econ 20* quilts
    Suspension
    beetles
    If it ain't broke don't fix it! Maybe just tinker here and there.

Sent from my SM-G925P using Tapatalk
    There are two kinds of people in this world. Those that can extrapolate from incomplete data.

Hammock
    Dutch/SLD/WB/DIY
    Tarp
    DWG/HG/SLD/UGQ/DIY
    Insulation
    Loco Libre Gear
    Suspension
    Dutchware
    Quote Originally Posted by Darian View Post
    One from walmart...I thought, since I'm new to it I should start from the bottom, and bought the equip double hammock from walmart.

It Is WONDERFUL. I can find nothing I don't like about it and it is permanently in my backyard for now. I love reaching wrapping myself in the excess, hanging half out, swinging in it... it's 12ft long I think...
    The Equip 2-Person Travel Hammock is about 10.5 feet long, but it is significantly wider than standard width (owing to its 3-piece body construction), so relatively tall campers can still get a reasonable diagonal lay that is also sufficiently flat; IIRC all the other Equip offerings at WM are well under 10 feet.
    Smart graphic design for all your needs by BGD

Hammock
    Dutch Hexon 1.0
    Tarp
    11' HG Cuben
    Insulation
    Phoenix + EE Rev
    Suspension
    WS+Soft Shackle
    Images
    I'm happy the wallyworld works for you! Sounds like a great lounging hammock (I'm always envious of people who have backyards to constantly hang in).

But definitely return that ENO if you hate it so much. I would consider (for a cheap option) a Dutch netless since you seem to just be trying stuff out as you enter into this.
    The want of wandering, and a welcomed whimsy.

I might just hang with this one for a while.

I love the feel of the breeze and hanging my legs over the side and being rocked... I can lay on my side and belly like in bed... I know that I'll need to get a bug net of some sort for any adventures... we've got brownies and widows for days and I can only imagine the nasties that would get me in the Woods if I went netless :/

And ugh, the wasps.

Hammock
    HG,Dutch,XLC ,RR
    Tarp
    Superfly, AH hex,
    Insulation
    HG, Snugpak, SLD
    Suspension
    Whoopie Ti toggle
    Images
    I've got all 3 styles of Equip hammock and have never had a problem with them. I don't use the single or mosquito net anymore since I have my WBBBXLC and 11' argon hammock that I made, but still use the Equip double quite a bit. I added a zing it RL and amsteel CL's on the ends to make it a little nicer since I use it still. Its my go-to hammock for lounging inside or down on my beach since its cheap and I don't have to worry about my daughter jumping in it and tearing it or getting it sandy and wet. The Equp mosquito net isn't that bad, but I modified how the net is hung to make it easier. I tried sleeping in it the other night but after getting used to my nice hammocks, I was really uncomfortable in it. But it was my first netted hammock, and at the time I loved it. I also use the double a lot with my Snugpak Coccon since I made the RL easy to take off. Good luck with it, I never had a problem with mine.
    " The best pace is a suicide pace, and today looks like a good day to die." ~ Steve Prefontaine

Hammock
    Dutchware Netless Hexon 2.4
    Tarp
    ENO ProFly XL
    Insulation
    Thermarest Pad
    Suspension
    Straps for now....
    For cheaper than an ENO, you can buy a top notch Dutchware Netless 11ft hammock. He ships quick too.

Despite finding that my beater SnugPack 'Tropical Hammock was really cramped at only 9ft long, I for some reason don't find the ENO doublenest uncomfortable. It's nowhere near as comfy as my Dutchware, but I still can get comfy in the ENO.

My issues with Hennessy is that they only make one or two high weight capacity models, and Warbonnet's traveller is the same issue. You basically have to do a Double layer to get to a 400 lbs capacity hammock.
    Last edited by ohhellokrollshow; 04-13-2017 at 19:40.

Quote Originally Posted by ohhellokrollshow View Post
    For cheaper than an ENO, you can buy a top notch Dutchware Netless 11ft hammock. He ships quick too.
    You, among others, have mentioned Dutch... I went a-looking and his summer sock looks absolutely perfect! Being able to pull the sock to one end would solve my issues with the eno net... I could chill until ready for bed, and then just pull it back over like in his video. Seriously considering a Dutch hammock because of the sock and affordability.

That reminds me, I did some homework in my hammock and it was lovely. I got the dog to come in as well. Had to help her get her butt in cause she got stuck on the way, but it worked out well!

• + New Posts